art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 09-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Tam never installed a messageboard, no. It was only ever the front page.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 09-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispin's Crispian
hahahaha...I remember that! Did anyone ever post on the Buffy part? Was there even a message board, because no one at TL ever talked about it.
I remember that too. I also remember the little intro story describing Firseal as an old man. I've forgotten it now but I remember it being pretty funny especially after I found out Firseal was just a kid...

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
As some may remember, I arrived here about 5 hours earlier than Bela, and since that was before "newbiehood" was invented it never applied to me.
Y'know, Gonzo, I've been wandering through the archives for the last few days, and as far back as 2000 you've been mentioning that little tidbit of information. It's almost flattering how you define your entire Theoryland tenure by my presence.

Thanks for the "congrats," folks, I guess.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 09-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did anyone ever post on the Buffy part?
People did post there, but I'm not sure anyone from the WOT side ever did. But I have looked at the Buffy part, and there used to be posts there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
Y'know, Gonzo, I've been wandering through the archives for the last few days, and as far back as 2000 you've been mentioning that little tidbit of information. It's almost flattering how you define your entire Theoryland tenure by my presence.
Actually, it is more my own laziness. For some reason, I once looked up when I first posted, and I noticed on that occasion that you happened to arrive just a little bit later. Since then, now and then you* happen to start something like this, and instead of trying to remember for myself I can simply latch onto your thread.
Basically, I let you do the work, and then I tell you that I was there earlier anyway.

* Or someone else tries to pull rank, and I point out that those newfangled 'ranks' didn't even exist when I started here. But I don't think we want to drag up that issue here now. Have those Iraqi WMD been found, yet? I may have missed the "we have them" announcement.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
* Or someone else tries to pull rank, and I point out that those newfangled 'ranks' didn't even exist when I started here. But I don't think we want to drag up that issue here now. Have those Iraqi WMD been found, yet? I may have missed the "we have them" announcement.
Nevermind that you were a lurker for about 8 years...
Old 09-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Nevermind that you were a lurker for about 8 years...
He got rank (Ancient) way back in the day before he had an account, though.

And Gonzo, it's not the first time that the US has had trouble finding WMDs that we KNEW were there.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Hopper, have you talked to Aram/Deornoth lately? His son was born shortly after he joined here. That boy's probably in 4th grade by now. Old enough to Join TL almost...

Now isn't THAT a scary thought: offspring joining the site. Don't know how John Snow dealt with that.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 09-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
Hopper, have you talked to Aram/Deornoth lately?
I noticed he posts at Malazan, but I think mostly in the 'other literature' forum.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
I noticed he posts at Malazan, but I think mostly in the 'other literature' forum.
I haven't talked with him in almost 5 years. Terez, tell him to get his butt back over here.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Dragon Thief

I introduce to you: TL, as seen in April of 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/200004071...heoryland.com/

And for more fun:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.theoryland.com

Also, speaking of milestones - I just resigned back up to a premium account to see if I could find a 'first' for me. Too bad I'm lazy, I couldnt' find anything earlier than 2000, although I know for a fact I was here before the summer of 99 (because I remember being in TL as a high school kid, and I graduated in June of that year from High School). I know Uno, MS, and I were all back to back - I'm thinking Feb-March of 99, not 100% sure.

Anyways, I did notice after I approved a year's worth of faction join requests that my Noal Charin = Jain faction just hit 300. Boo-yah.

Let us not talk about this
Old 09-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper
I haven't talked with him in almost 5 years. Terez, tell him to get his butt back over here.
Dude, the fawn has grown up! I miss the Leafblighter. Almost as much fun as the War of the Goat. And MS trying to babble faster than the hamsters could eat.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Thief
At least you had lots of minions to go down with you.

Hopper, I'm not so active at Malazan as I am here, and Deornoth doesn't post in the WoT threads there so I don't come into contact with him much. I doubt he knows who I am (it's a big forum, and most people have unique spheres of participation). I think I considered PMing him once. But Crispy has a Malazan account - he'd be a better one to do that, probably. I only know him from the archives...or possibly he was still posting when I joined. I can't remember. If he was, it wasn't for long.

Edit: here is his Malazan profile. I see that only 11 of his 259 posts were outside the 'other literature' forum...he doesn't post much, but he seems to check the forum regularly.

Last edited by Terez; 09-22-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I introduce to you: TL, as seen in April of 2000.

http://web.archive.org/web/200004071...heoryland.com/
After playing with it for a bit, I've found links to the CGI4ME boards. The ISTW boards had a robots.txt file that prevented the Wayback's spider from indexing it though, sadly, although the links are there.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

Speaking of memories - I let twitter search my gmail account for folks on twitter, and it ran across one for Garet Jax's old account: http://twitter.com/tacoseasoning

Talked to him (or Camaris) any at all lately, Frenzy? I'm assuming he still lives in your relative area.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Anyways, I did notice after I approved a year's worth of faction join requests that my Noal Charin = Jain faction just hit 300. Boo-yah.
Yeahhhh, I should probably just ask Tam to click "accept" on anyone who's joined my factions in the last... what, three years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT
Heheheheh. Ahhhh, two-souls.

Has Isabel finally repented of that heresy yet?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
Heheheheh. Ahhhh, two-souls.

Has Isabel finally repented of that heresy yet?
She says that RJ's comment about 'one soul, two personalities' proves that the two soulers were right all along. Seriously.

Last edited by Terez; 09-22-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
She says that RJ's comment about 'one soul, two personalities' proves that the two soulers were right all along. Seriously.
Awww.

To be fair, though, that was three years ago.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute

i lost track of both Camaris and Garet Jax when they graduated college. i think they may still be in the area. Not sure, though.

i think Aldarion is still hiding from me. Haven't seen his Irish arse in over 7 years.

i still chat with He Who Must Not Be Named on occasion. Wonder if he'll reappear with the new book.

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

Old 09-22-2009, 01:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
i think Aldarion is still hiding from me. Haven't seen his Irish arse in over 7 years.
I'm assuming the bounty still stands?

Old 09-22-2009, 02:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

of course