art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): uausnaughbroo,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 09-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Hahaha, wow. going through that old TL site was fun. ^_^
Too bad I was...what...oh,...seven years old when that webpage was copyrighted...

Buffy and TL? Say whaaat now?

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 09-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Buffy and TL? Say whaaat now?
I know, right? I think this calls for some revisionist history.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Now this blew my mind.

The Home of the Snitch still exists!

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 09-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

It's like Wotmania, but not as retro!
Old 09-22-2009, 03:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Hmmm...does "Callandork" have any relation to a person we all know?

And yes, Terez, Revisionist History sounds like a great idea >:}

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Hmmm...does "Callandork" have any relation to a person we all know?
I think he was only about 11 or 12 then...
Old 09-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation

Bloody hell...(pardon the expression). The Asmoboard still exists?
Old 09-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation
Default Quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
I'm assuming the bounty still stands?
The bounty on Aldarion's head is now so large that you'd be a wealthy poster indeed if you could collect it...unless you decide to choose the special prize that's behind the oh-so mysterious Door of Surprise, of course..
Old 09-22-2009, 05:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno
Bloody hell...(pardon the expression). The Asmoboard still exists?
Yep, and one of my Taimandred threads is still in the top 5 of most recent threads.

I have to admit that I haven't looked at that board for quite a few years, and I lost the link to it long ago.

We could invade it and start posting there.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Grats, Bela! And thanks for the links DT.

Seeing as I joined at the end of 2002, I missed out on the #soul debates : http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/5671?page=2 though I hear there are still unconvinced stragglers LOL

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

If you happen to notice any posts by Luke Duke, rest assured that it is not me. I swear it. Although, if you think about it, thats a damn good WoT name. Actually, whoever thought up that name and used it on TL was a friggin genius. Too bad it was mostly on ISTW and will probably never be found. Poor guy, put all that thought into a great WoT name and will never be recognized for it, except in the memories of a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
i still chat with He Who Must Not Be Named on occasion. Wonder if he'll reappear with the new book.
Is he still crotchety?

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I was talking about earlier.

Quote:
As you enter you notice a strange silence in the room. Off to your left next to the "Factions" door white cloaked Younglings are pacing back and forth, softly chanting the words, "Firseal, Firseal, Firseal". Next to them attached to the wall is a glass covered case that holds various old parchments titled History and War. When you look away, out of the corner of your eye,it appears as though a shadow stands next to the glass case...a shadow out of place. You step deeper into the room and notice a booth to your right where others like yourself are signing their name in a large black book. Behind the booth an old white haired man sits,a pipe hanging from his lips, watching them as he slowly pulls on his beard. Standing in line you sign the paper and receive an appraising look from the old man as he points you toward the large portal stone in the middle of the room. "You are now ready to face the Board," he says with a smile, "good luck".

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer
Is he still crotchety?
I resent that! it's an offence to the beautiful art of chrochet. And Tatting. And I think, in extension, to knitting. And in extension to that, loom-work. And let's face it, without THAT you would be running around nekkid and I don't think anyone would like that very much

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

John Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really nice
Default Heheheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy
Now isn't THAT a scary thought: offspring joining the site. Don't know how John Snow dealt with that.
I didn't - she actually joined and started posting before I did - and persuaded me to join up. Fortunately she hasn't had offspring who have started posting as yet....nor any plans for such, thank Balance.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Hilarious - Theory Awards

Man - I'm such a slacker.

http://web.archive.org/web/200005110...wot/index.html

Theory Awards

The High Lord Weiramon Award
For the Theory that is long and flowery, but really says nothing.

Callandor Award
For the Theory that is really powerful and well written, but has a few fatal flaws.

Daes Dae'mar Award
For the Theory that is so convoluted even the theorist forgets what point they were trying to make

Feast of Lights Award
For the Theory that's short but sweet.

Nynaeve Award
For the Theory that is so strange, stupid or satirical that it makes you want to yank your hair out.

The Ogier Award
For the theory with an abundance of information to prove a simple point.

The Semirhage Award
For the Theory that is so bad, you'd rather be in Semirhage's tender clutches than read it.

Fourth Age Award
Theoryland's Highest honor for the Theory with the most insightful, ingenious, developed, unique idea that has never graced these pages before, that also turns out to be true.

Theorist Awards

Darkfriend Award
For the Theorist that blindly posts and continues to believe in the theories that Robert Jordan has already stated are false.

RJ Award
For the Theorist that leaves you with no answers, just more questions.

Recycled Chosen Award
For a Theorist who takes a theory that's been discussed, preferrably to death, and calls it his/her own.

Ishamael Award
For the Theorist whose theory everyone thinks is bogus, and turns out to be true.

Padan Fain Award
For the Theorist that can't choose a side for a theory so he/she creates a whole new one.

Herid Fel Award
For the Theorist whose theories are highly philosophical, so much so that the average Theorylander might not get it.

Whitecloak Award
For the Theorist that bases all of his/her theories on personal biases, ignoring the facts.

Nine Rods of Dominion Award
For the Theorist that blatantly out shines everyone else in quality and quantity of theories and/or posts.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default It's been a fun ride

Congrats Bela on the decade! It's been one of the most enduring pleasures of my life.

I looked it up - I bought the domain in Feb of 99 (after our stint in Area51 on Geocities in 98). Crazy.

This seems like a good time for the reminder - JordanCon 2010, come support your local Dictator!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

I want the Fain award for my theory that he sent the Shadowspawn attack. And if it turns out that Aviendha killed Asmodean, then who gets the award? I decided that on my own but I know I'm not the first to argue that. Yaga mentioned that he had argued that with Callandor before, and I doubt he was the first either.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I think I won an award for one of my theories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin (a hell of a long time ago)
I think I will have to give you our first Theory award that I am starting with the new site for Originality.
I never got a ceremony though...or a statue or bowl or anything cool.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX
I think I won an award for one of my theories.

I never got a ceremony though...or a statue or bowl or anything cool.
Was that before someone pointed out that the Hall of the Servants was razed?

I can't remember if the place where one of Rand's ancestors met Someshta was specifically called the Hall of the Servants or not but that would be a point in your favor if for no other reason than that RJ forgot too.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin
Theory Awards
I was definitely tempted to bring these back up.

I found quite a number of good threads in my trawl actually...

Some early Raisings

Some two souls threads

A couple of Taimandred threads

Ingtar has a theory that the Horn of Valere will summon the Heroes of the Horn. I argue against it.

The Granting of Asmo's Animal Name (an Infidel Special)

How everyone picked their usernames

The Songs of the Wheel

Some more Raisings

You Know You've Been At Theoryland Too Long When...
(and apparently an earlier edition!)

The Theoryland Awards!

Infidel's infamous critique of the CoT cover

My formerly-famous Timeline of the Bubbles of Evil

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers