art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I have a few of those bookmarked, including all of the raisings threads.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin
Nynaeve Award
For the Theory that is so strange, stupid or satirical that it makes you want to yank your hair out.
I think I should've won that one for my "Mat is the Dragon Reborn" theory.
I can't remember any theory which inspired more hair yanking, to be honest.

Quote:
The Ogier Award
For the theory with an abundance of information to prove a simple point.
And then this one for my "Rand is the DR" theory.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

The construct theory gets the Ogier Award.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
Was that before someone pointed out that the Hall of the Servants was razed?
that was posted on March 31st 1999, which means it was submitted about 1452...BC...so, yeah, probably before someone pointed it out.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
Moiraine = Cadsuane...nuf said.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

John Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really nice
Default Heh! Anyone remember this deathless prose?

All named people are posters from the old days..

"A Game of Stones

The library at the Queen's Blessing Inn in Camelyn was a cozy room, with a warm fire in the hearth, on the early winter afternoon. John Snow was browsing through the bookshelf, while Dragon Thief and Uno concentrated over the stones board. Uno frowned, as he seemed to be making the better moves, yet strangely his stones kept disappearing, losing him territory he thought he had solidly under control. "I can't understand it," he muttered. "The Theif can't play stones worth beans, but he keeps beating me."
"What's this?" John Snow remarked. "Our copy of James Joyce's "Finnigans Wake" isn't here. Did somebody borrow it?"
Dragon Thief snickered, and Uno looked up. Watcher, who had been leaning against the small library bar, polishing wineglasses and watching the stones game, grinned. Rubbing a bruised spot on his mostly bald head, he replied, "Well, actually, we used it to trap a Youngling. You remember how the hedgehog ter'angreal trapped Faile? We did the same thing with Finnegans Wake. Handed it to Valiant, told him he'd enjoy reading it. Off he goes to his room, opens the book, and bam! We haven't seen him since."
Snow chuckled. "Wonder who'll come and rescue _him_? Say, what's all this outside with the green?" Snow was looking out the window that gave a view of the streets in front of the inn. Camaris rose from his easy chair in the corner and ambled over, clanking quietly. "What do you mean, Elder?"
"Well, I just got into town from Baerlon, and politics have always been beyond me anyway, but I don't think green was such a fashionable color."
"Oh, that. If you wrap your sword or wear an armband or a hat decoration in green, that indicates your support for the Younglings. Lot of 'em out there, eh?"
Snow gazed out and it seemed every other passer was a Youngling. "where are they all coming from, are other cities throwing them out?"
Uno lifted his gaze from the board, and remarked, "We wouldn't have let 'em into Norway, that's for sure." While his eyes were off the board, Snow noticed Dragon Thief quickly remove a few strategic stones of Uno's from the board.
"They did realize that green traditionally is a sign of inexperience, don't they?" queried Snow.
"Not likely," sighed Camaris. "They just plunge into everything with no thought."
"Doggone it, I just don't understand!" muttered Uno, staring hard at the stones board.
"Hold on, what's that?" Watcher pointed toward a corner of the public square outside the inn.
Uno craned his neck to look out the window, and a few more stones disappeared under Dragon Thief's quick hands. "That's the doctrinaire bunch, guys. The guy on the soapbox, in the green robe, calls himself Dullness Lousyweather, or some such."
The man referred to harangued the crowds, pointing to a large book in his hands. "And the book he thinks so important?", asked Snow.
"Something called 'Words of the Creator'," replied Uno with a sneer. "I could put anything in that book and he'd believe it if it were in there, and use the pokkers book to beat me over the head"
"Pokkers?" queried Snow.
"Sorry," Uno grinned. "That's a bad word where I come from. In the same family as 'helvetes' "
Musing over that while continuing to look out the window, Snow noticed Layla sliding along the walls on the opposite side of the street. She appeared to have a young woman along with her. They sidled along the street behind the ranting preacher, and even from where he stood Snow could see Layla measuring the distance to Dullweather and touching her knives longingly. Then she seemed to sigh, and continued stealthily, all but unseen by the noisy crowd of greens. Then both women seemed to disappear for a moment, and an instant later the front door of the inn let in some of the noise as it opened and shut again quickly. Then Layla was standing in the door of the library, taking a deep breath and looking around. "Ha, quite a crowd. Let me present our newest addition, Eilonwy." Everyone in the room turned, bowed greetings to the young woman with Layla.
There was a bit of commotion behind Layla, and Moonshadow and Reanne came through, carrying trays covered with napkins. They were both wearing scandolously cut Domani dresses, although Reanne also wore a dagger around her neck. Snow scratched his beard as he attempted vainly to remember what the jewels and color of the handle of Reanne's dagger meant, but gave it up in confusion. Watcher began lining up mugs and pouring mulled wine, fragrant with cloves, orange and some other unidentifiable spices, into heavy mugs. "Okay, looks like the baking is done. It's a batch of Moonshadow's special muffins!" Moonshadow and Reanne whipped the napkins off the trays, showing platters of muffins still steaming from the oven. "Be careful. The ones on this tray are chocolate," she said smiling. A wolf's howl was suddenly heard from the rear of the inn. "Goldeneyes," whispered Moonshadow, the light reflecting yellow from her own eyes. "Don't let him near this," Dragon Thief warned as he did his best to corner the chocolate muffins.
A small window in space snapped open in the center of the room, with an odd flag logo floating in the middle of it. An obnoxious little tune played for a moment, then a well-balanced throwing dagger flew through the window and thudded into the decoratively carved head of the chair in which Dragon Thief was seated, narrowly missing his left ear. Dragon Thief managed to suppress a start, although he turned noticeably paler. The strange window whirred, blinked to a another odd sign about okay to turn off, then winked out. Dragon Thief gingerly plucked the dagger out of the wood, noticed a roll of paper wrapped around the handle, and untied it. He read, then grinned, and announced, "Okay, here it is. Garet Jax says I can borrow his pub for our meeting. Gathering is to be on the old board."
With comments of "Excellent" and "About time", and "What happened to my stones that were over there?", the others prepared to move to the gathering site."
Old 09-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

John Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really nice
Default Or this one?

A Little Tea with Goldie

John Snow ascended to the roof of his lodgings in Tar Valon to check the pigeon cotes for mail. A couple of bedraggled birds sat there, with even more bedraggled message cylinders still attached to their legs. He blinked, frowned, and removed the cylinders from each, and poured some bird seed (of which he had an ample supply in his pantry) into the food bowls. The pigeons began pecking away hungrily, scattering seed messily while doing so, and Snow opened the message cylinders. What was this? Mid-Winters’ greetings written in his own hand! But this was the note he had originally sent to Moonshadow, now Mistress of Novices, in Tear all that time ago. Quickly he cracked open the other cylinder. Egad! His greeting note to the Dark Amyrlin herself, Frenzy, at her abode in Falme. Both messages were stamped with cryptic notations: “Unknown addressee” “Message Refused”. Message refused? What had he done to anger the wolfsister? Nothing came to mind, although perhaps that remark about witches......no, surely she wasn’t that touchy. Noting that the immediate area was getting even more messy as the pigeons continued their meal, he went back down the stairs into his quarters. Relaxing on a blue couch with a book on Legends of the Age of Legends was Lanfear, the young Forsaken who is actually a teenager who was a member of the Circle of Ages, the close-knit group dedicated to the restoration of Theoryland.
“Umm, Lanfear, do we have to have quite so many pigeons? They’re kind of messy, and I wonder if the cats won’t get them.”
“Oh, don’t worry, Elder. The cats get enough to eat with the mice, and the pigeons have them intimidated. They’ll leave them alone.” She replied absent-mindedly.
“Well, one reason for the mice might be all the seed the pigeons scatter. Would you mind cleaning it up?”
“Sure, just a little later,” she murmured, still buried in her book.
“Look, Lanfear – our greetings to Frenzy and Moonshadow came back.” Snow changed the subject resignedly.
“What – with my nice picture and everything? What can we do? Buttered onions! Bloody pigeon-mail!”
“Watch your language – dunno, guess we’ll have to remail them – but those birds are pretty pooped.”
“Okay, okay, I’ll clean up.” Lanfear snapped.
“No, I meant they looked tired,” Snow said with a sly grin, “but don’t let that stop you..”
“Listen, Elder, I think there’s some kind of ter’angreal in the Tower basement for sending messages instantaneously,” Lanfear said, ignoring the Elder’s previous remark. “Let’s go take a look.”
Snow and Lanfear found their way into the dusty sub-basements of the Tower. “You know, I think there might be some instructional aids in here, too, Lanfear. I’m really having problems with that novice class.”
Lanfear pulled a long rod of the shelf with a wicked grin. “How about this, Professor? A cattle prod, it’s called. Would that be helpful with some of your students?”
“Don’t even think it. Tamyrlin would have my hide.” Snow looked shocked. “But still, a little pain can help the process, so Moonshadow says.” He scratched his beard pensively. “Not quite sure what she means, but it’s a thought.”
“Yes, well, pocketbooks might be a place those Younglings could be hurt.” Lanfear noted absently. She was staring at an oddly twisted frame, seemingly made of black stone and free-standing. The sides of the frame were marked with circles, each with a letter of the alphabet next to it. At the top was an inscription in the Old Tongue, which Snow squinted at. It seemed to mean “Seven Days of the End”. Hmmm. Snow scratched his beard. That didn’t sound right. Ah. “Finals Week”. That was it. Snow pulled his tweed jacket a little closer as the breeze drafted around him.
Wait a minute! This is a sub-basement! There is no draft or breeze. “Lanfear,” he shouted, “It’s the White Wind!” Lanfear whirled, and dove away from the doorway. Too late, as the White Wind, a howling negative force, sucked her into the frame, and screaming, she disappeared. In the sound of the Wind, Snow could hear cackling voices. “Bring three sharp number two pencils. Calculators are not allowed. Your term papers are due the week after exams” and the like. Tormented voices of evil. The Wind went silent, and Snow realized it would be at least a week before Lanfear could return, and she would likely be drained by the torments beyond that doorframe. He sighed, and moved on through the storage rooms. His eyes fell upon a shelf of gaming paraphernalia – dice, cards, and the like, and he began to chuckle as an idea came over him for the novice class that was tormenting him so. He selected several of the items, stuffing them into the pockets of his rumpled tweed jacket. Forgetting about the instant mail device he had originally come down there to search for, he headed back up the stairs to his office.

Snow stood in front of the seated group of novices. “Now then, grasp the Source as you have been taught, and allow a small flow to bring to life a flame at your fingertip.” AS he talked, he demonstrated with a small blue flame dancing from a finger, being careful in his choice of flows and fingers. Some of these Younglings were amazingly quick to take offence.
“Oh, come on, I’ve been doing this stuff for years, I can handle the Source as well or better than you so-called Elders.” Tremul sneered from his spot and other Youngling heads nodded in agreement around the room. “Watch this.” A flame the size of a serious Bunsen burner appeared over each of Tremul’s fingers, and then he drew his hands slowly together.
“I wouldn’t do it quite that way...” Snow frowned, and suddenly there was a loud Foooom! as air rushed into the coalesced flames and the resulting ball collapsed. In the afterflash, the other novices could see Tremul covered with soot, looking very much like Wiley Coyote after another encounter with an ACME product. Tremul glared around the room, daring the other Younglings to even snicker.
“Umm, yes, very well, let’s consider the element of chance in the Weaving of the Pattern.” Snow attempted to smooth over the embarrassment. “Now, the laws of probability are such that if a series of events are independent, then by definition what happened previously does not affect the outcome.”
“Just a minute, Professor. What about the Law of Large Numbers?” Bela raised a hoof.
“What law is that, Bela?” asked the Professor in puzzlement.
“Why, Professor – if an event occurs often enough, then even the rare outcomes will happen. It’s like when you’re gambling and have a string of bad luck. Sooner or later your luck will turn.” said Brighton from the back of the room.
“Do you all believe that?” asked Snow with a small sly smile.
As heads nodded around the room, Snow, grinning inwardly, pulled a deck of cards and a box of chips from the pockets of his tweed jacket. “Well, then, would anybody care for a little – game of chance?”
Chairs were eagerly scraped across the floor as the students joined around the table. “You do have – gold, don’t you?” Snow asked with a cocked eyebrow. “That makes the rules of , umm, chance, more interesting.
“Of course, Professor – we’ve managed to keep thieves from stealing it by having chocolate in our other pockets – then the fool theif leaves the gold alone.”
“I see – clever tactic, that.” Snow replied.
And by the way, watch your spelling – it’s ‘thief’” commented Gilshalos. “Not that I care about him.”
.................................................. ....................

Frenzy and Moonshadow strode down the halls of Theoryland, all senses alert. There was a rumor that the Naeblis, Tsoroven m’hael was back and posting. Passing the novice classrooms, they suddenly halted with a jerk, and stared into Prof. Snow’s novice class. The entire group of Younglings were lounging around the table, mugs of ale and pipes in hand, playing cards by all appearances. And Prof. Snow had by far the biggest stack of gold in front of him. Frenzy and Moonshadow stood gaping. This is how Elder Snow instructs novices? And why was Tremul all sooty?
Snow noticed them, jumped slightly, and winked with the eye away from the students. “Elder Snow, ummm, what is this?”
“Well, the novices here are learning about the Laws of Chance. Learning quite a lot about the Laws of Chance, in fact” Snow grinned.
“And the Law of Large Numbers says my turn is coming,” Bela added excitedly.
“Okay, so maybe some are learning a little more slowly,” admitted Snow. “But it’s a very practical lesson.” he said as he restacked his coins garnered in the last hand.
“I see, “ said the Mistress of Novices faintly. “Um, very well, Elder, carry on.”
Snow waved his hand and puffed out another cloud of smoke from his pipe as he contentedly looked at the cards just dealt him.
“Interesting teaching technique,” commented Frenzy as the two continued down the hall, thoroughly bemused.
Moonshadow shook her head in bewildered agreement. “I think we can expect Snow to stand us a round of beer tonight, though. Did you see the cash he was pulling in? I wonder how come the Ferret hadn’t lifted it?”
At the next cross-hall, a sudden racket to the right drew their attention. A group of Newbies, so newly arrived they hadn’t even yet put on the white, surrounded a man dressed in black and red who was shouting in capital letters. “I WILL HAVE RESPECT! I AM THE NAEBLIS OF THEORYLAND! KNEEL BEFORE THE NAEBLIS! YOU KNOW NOTHING!”
“Oh-oh, there he is.” The two swiftly walked up to him. “Uh, Tsoro, could we have a word with you,” chimed Frenzy.
“VERY WELL. THESE IDIOT NEWBIES BORE ME.” he replied.
“And could you moderate your tone just a bit,” asked Moonshadow sweetly, fingering her whip.
He stared at her a moment. “Oh, all right – but the time has passed for restraint – and I expect you Chosen to join me.”
“Well, yes, Tsoro, we’re having a planning session over on Moonshadow’s bored board. Would you join us?” Frenzy asked.
“OF COURSE – ahem – Of course I should be there,” replied the Naeblis, and the two women led him down the hall, through a series of odd passages, and to an odd wooden portal. There was an inscription at the bottom: “Door by Layla De Cogan Chin”.
“HMMM, LAYLA. HAVEN”T SEEN HER IN A WHILE.” mused Tsoroven loudly.
“Right behind you, Sir Bootlicker.”
Tsoraven jumped, and whirled. “SHEEP SWALLOP, LAYLA, YOU’RE AS BAD AS THE BLOODY THEIF. I MEAN THIEF.”
“Thank you, Tsoro – I think. Anyway, here’s where the meeting is. You first.”
The three women sent each other hopeful glances behind Tsoroven m’hael’s back. He stepped through the door –
And found himself in large room, with windows opening on blackness, large hearths at either end of the room that gave off no heat, and furnished only with a couch and a chair. Seated in the couch was the golden-eyed Chosen, Golden-Eyes. His golden eyes caught the light from the fires and gleamed at Tsoraven.
“What is this, Goldie? This doesn’t look like any meeting” He whirled to the door, pulled it open, leapt through it – and found himself in the same room, with Golden Eyes still looking at him.
“You won’t escape so easily, Tsoraven. Sit down on the couch – make yourself comfortable. We have some ... issues to .. work though”. The tone in Golden Eyes’ voice, and his smile chilled Tsoraven m’hael, and with fear beginning to seep into him he eased himself reluctantly onto the couch. Goldeneyes lifted a teapot from the side table by his chair, poured a cup, and handed it to the Naeblis. “Here. A soothing cup of herbal tea will help.....”. Tsorovan numbly accepted the tea and began to sip.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat

lol... I thought it was hilarious.

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 09-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Because it amuses me:

You know you've been at Theoryland too long when...

~ you remember when it was based in Geocities. Yep *shudder*

~ you still shudder at the thought of a hamster attack. They invade my nightmares.

~ you know who the Tsunami Squirrel is. Yep.

~ you can name the Baker Sisters and their culinary specialty. Moonshadow and Reanne, Though Reanne had pretty much stopped posting by the time I became a regular. And it was muffins.

~ you never name the Dumb One. I don't. *looks around fearfully.

~ you've ever encountered a Goatfriend. I think I married one.

~ you can actually follow a lengthy conversation with John Snow. Online and in person.

~ Dragon Thief ever stole anything from you. Never. He's afraid to.

~ you know who the Bootlicker is, and how he got his name. Yep and yep.

~ you automatically associate deer with shrooms.
Online deer, yes.

~ you always keep a wary eye out for penguins. Not really. I married one. And he does steal my beer at every opportunity.

~ you remember when Else was a regular "poster."
Else was a brat.

~ you can explain the significance of "G for G!"
Since I was one of those Gs... yep.

~ you can name all the Chosen of Theoryland. Bonus points for DarkAssociates. I don't know about ALL of them, but I could get about 90%. And no, I'm not one of them.

~ you ever wondered exactly what a banana lounge looks like. Yep. Still not sure.

~ you've ever had an argument with Brighton Merriweather. I WON an argument with Brighton Merriweather and MS and I chased his ass back to the Assmo board.

~ you've actually posted on the Scholars' Board. I have, yes.

~ you have an animal name, or a "bloodname." I have both. The cat and Asmo's Bane, or something like that.

~ you know why Goldeneyes hates monkeys so much.
Actually, this I don't know.

~ you've ever encountered Belafire. I've seen it used. It was, fortunately, never aimed at me.

~ you know what musical instrument Lanfear plays.
I think I know.

~ you know the definition of "srue" and can use it in a sentence. Yep. Worst Typo EVER.

~ you hope to one day collect the bounty on Aldarion's head. Of course.

~ you've actually been in a Theoryland chat. Was an addict.

~ you know not to drink the wine. Found out the hard way.

~ you fought in the Battle of the Boards (or helped start it). I was a decorated veteran.

~ you sit down in your spare time and write stupid lists like this. Or answer them?

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
~ you've actually been in a Theoryland chat.
I think this one goes for just about everyone...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

We need to update that list. Most of that stuff has to do with people who haven't been here in 10 years.

I remember Else, and Brighton, and hamsters and probably could have named the Chosen at some point.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispin's Crispian
We need to update that list. Most of that stuff has to do with people who haven't been here in 10 years.

I remember Else, and Brighton, and hamsters and probably could have named the Chosen at some point.
I think there was a list somewhere. Seem to remember there only being about 6 or 7 people that still post.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nae'blis
Six of the Chosen still post now and then, unless I'm forgetting someone:

Frenzy
DT
Snow
Tamyrlin
Uno
Spidy

Goldeneyes throws a post our way on occasion, I suppose, so that's seven.
My, I must have a good memory. I would rep you for pointing that out, but 1) you don't accept bribes, and 2) you're not a real person anyway.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Snow
“And the Law of Large Numbers says my turn is coming,” Bela added excitedly.
“Okay, so maybe some are learning a little more slowly,” admitted Snow. “But it’s a very practical lesson.” he said as he restacked his coins garnered in the last hand.
Pfft, I was a horrible poster to pick for that mistake. Statistics was the only math I actually did enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
Actually, this I don't know.
There was a story about this. I don't quite remember it, but I seem to recall that Infinite Monkey was pivotal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy
That's kind of the point. We've been here too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nae'blis
Six of the Chosen still post now and then, unless I'm forgetting someone:
I guess I hadn't noticed, does Moony not come 'round anymore? I've got her friended on Facebook, so it didn't really occur to me.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Only ones on that list I even have an idea of are the following:

~ you still shudder at the thought of a hamster attack.
I know the hampsters got ahold of the ezBoards a few times. Not sure if that's where it originated, however.
~ you can actually follow a lengthy conversation with John Snow.
Define lengthy.
~You always keep a wary eye out for penguins.
Only penguin I remember is DT's avatar...
~ you've actually posted on the Scholars' Board.
Yup. Doubtful for the reason that it was created for, however.
~ you've ever encountered Belafire.
Have encountered threats about belafire, but have never encountered it meself. I do know that the 'couch is bale and belafire proof. (and therefore, by extension, everything else proof) helped me out a few times...
*looks at signature* Yup. Member of the TCA, and official TCA Lab rat.
~ you know not to drink the wine.
Not necessarily wine, but I had ta use my one free Zae healing for the Kaf...

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras

Last edited by Matoyak; 09-23-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Define lengthy.
If you need it defined, you haven't done it.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
If you need it defined, you haven't done it.
Nope...he'd know. I think Sven could beat him though...maybe.

Quote:
Yup...I was here for a couple.

Quote:
~ you know who the Tsunami Squirrel is.
I know. She'll kick me if I say though.

Quote:
~ you can name the Baker Sisters and their culinary specialty.
Never had Reannes, but MS's were great.

Quote:
~ you've ever encountered a Goatfriend.
Yeah, no names will be spoken by me though.

Quote:
Online, It takes grit and determination, a merriam websters and assorted medical definition handbooks making them even lengthier. A thesaurus has been known to come in handy too.

Quote:
~ Dragon Thief ever stole anything from you.
Bastard.

Quote:
yeah
Quote:
~ you know not to drink the wine.
I was warned and since I am a good boy...

Quote:
~ you fought in the Battle of the Boards (or helped start it).
I caught the tail-end

Quote:
~ you sit down in your spare time and write stupid lists like this.
SDog...do you still have our list about channeling...or trying to channel?

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation
Default Ah..

Quote:
~ you remember when it was based in Geocities.
Of course.

Quote:
I believe I came up with the idea in my celebrated story "The Hamsters of Theoryland."

Quote:
~ you know who the Tsunami Squirrel is.
Quite.

Quote:
~ you can name the Baker Sisters and their culinary specialty.
I am married to one of the baker sisters.

Quote:
~ you never name the Dumb One. don't.
No, why would you do that?

Quote:
~ you've ever encountered a Goatfriend.
They never understood the true meaning of my revelation.

Quote:
Oh, rather.

Quote:
~ Dragon Thief ever stole anything from you.
Probably did. He was at my house once.

Quote:
~ you know who the Bootlicker is, and how he got his name.
Of course.

Quote:
~ you automatically associate deer with shrooms.
Why wouldn't I?

Quote:
~ you always keep a wary eye out for penguins.
Doobeedooobeeedooo.

Quote:
~ you remember when Else was a regular "poster."
I believe I coined the term Else for posters who did not bother to enter a handle on ISTW

Quote:
~ you can explain the significance of "G for G!"
Indeed.

Quote:
~ you can name all the Chosen of Theoryland. Bonus points for Dark Associates.
I can.

Quote:
~ you ever wondered exactly what a banana lounge looks like.
Spidy sent me a picture once, so I no longer wonder.

Quote:
~ you've ever had an argument with Brighton Merriweather.
Yes..sigh..

Quote:
~ you've actually posted on the Scholars' Board.
Certainly.

Quote:
~ you have an animal name, or a "bloodname."
Yes, but there's no need to go into details.

Quote:
It involved a room mate when he was in college.

Quote:
~ you've ever encountered Belafire.
I try to keep my distance.

Quote:
~ you know what musical instrument Lanfear plays.
Violin, isn't it?

Quote:
~ you know the definition of "srue" and can use it in a sentence.
Sure. Who can't?

Quote:
~ you hope to one day collect the bounty on Aldarion's head.
As the original bounty-offering authority, I do not think I can collect it.

Quote:
Yes, but that's a long time ago.

Quote:
~ you fought in the Battle of the Boards (or helped start it).
I contributed to that little skirmish.

Quote:
~ you sit down in your spare time and write stupid lists like this.
No, that I do not.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Dragon Thief

-You threaten your children with tsovoranmhaelnaeblis. And I say it in lower case, to boot (pun intended).

-You threaten your children with Luthor Blood. No idea on this one.

-A lunar eclipse makes you wonder about the safety of young women.
-A solar eclipse makes you wonder about the safety of sheep. Assuming both are about Eclipse trying to "Behold" something he shouldn't, although typically i'm the butt end of sheep jokes. (Pun intended again! Whammy!)

-You ever actually use the phrase, "Deliciously Saucy." - Eclipse?

-You pray to the Book of Ivhon. I'm actually hoping it gets made into a reality show. Infidel could direct, and it would be awesome.

-You jump into a puddle hoping to hurt Raen. I remember Raen Mhael, but not the puddle reference.

-You have said on multiple occasions, "I don't like this new wave of newbies". Not as politely as that. Swear words may have had a minor involvement.

-You feel the WOW. I try not too, it's contagious. It was a cult by Jalyn/JennIvhon/Sdog, no? Maybe even Gaul?

-You see a Toyota Tercel and immediately start kicking it. Was Tercel bad? I remember the name, not much else.

-You see a lame duck and ask, Who are you?!!? Is it Insane? Fear the wrath of the Duck One.

-When you see a writing error, you look for Gil or Bela to correct the situation. Gil more so than Bela, iirc. She was the (S)Ex Teacher, after all.

-You read the Shayol Ghul Gazette with your morning coffee. With my morning Mountain Dew, of course.

-You see a book on lizards at the local bookstore and it frightens you. Itty bitty lizards with bad breath.

-You ever actually use the phrase, "Deliciously Saucy." Eclipse?

- you've ever harnessed the power of the TP. Not so much harnessed as placed it on the proper roll dispenser.

- you have an irrational fear of monkeys
Not the Infinite type, but of the demon-spawn college-roomie type, yes.

- you are a follower of the Great Goat, or know someone who is.I was the Prophet of the Lord High Goat, Stubborn Be His Name.

- someone keeps *borrowing* your fancloth.Wouldn't that kind of be cheating if I answered yes?

- you've ever walked the Path of Badgers.I was browbeaten on it a few times.

- you have your very own Official Theoryland Banana LoungeYep, a First Edition Collector's one at that.

- you have an irrational fear of penguins.Damn straigh, Beer filching bastards! Doobeedoobeedoo!

- you know better than to drink the wine. Of course. Deer shrooms are bad in wine.

- you're convinced Moiraine will return as a ghost. I was never that dumb. I'm as smart as a two-souler can be. Er, wait.

- you use words like "curmudgeonly" on a regular basis
Sounds like a Snow-ism to me.

- whenever the board is down, you curse the hamsters Hamster-hating, since 1999.

- you've ever seen a deer eating shrooms. Eating, picking, trying to sell, Aram was good about that.

- you've ever had your boots licked. Do I look like Frenzy to you?

- you've ever encountered Else. Many of them.

- you've ever had a run-in with Belafire (trust me, if you haven't, you don't want to) Only in a prophetical sense.

- you're a veteran of the Battle of the Boards I was a commanding officer in it.

- you think Sammael was in Baerlon :lol Nope!

- you've ever named the Dumb One I remember the monker, but who was it for? Did it rhyme with Boda?

- you've met all of the Theoryland Chosen Met and plotted with. I mentored some Dark Asses (Associates) too.

- "G for G!" means anything to you Gilshalos for Greet, you spot-stealing Mad Mule!

- anyone asking "Do you know when the next book comes out?" drives you into an incoherent rage It comes out a week ago from a span’s time less than a turn ahead of now.

- you've ever said "srue you!" Sure, I’ve said Srue. And been srued at too.

- you got an honorable mention in the War of the Hundred Posters Mention, yes. Honorable, likely not so much.

- you've ever had to argue against (or for) the infamous 1.5 souls theory Camaris did that to spite me, I swear it.

- you remember haplo's puppy It was named Trolloc Chow!

~ you remember when it was based in Geocities. Born & Raised!

~ you still shudder at the thought of a hamster attack. Shudder.

~ you know who the Tsunami Squirrel is. Well, I did make (steal) the moniker. Silly steel-toed females and their monthly forces of nature.

~ you can name the Baker Sisters and their culinary specialty. Chani Moonshadow, Reanne something-or-other, and Muffins. Mighty good muffins.

~ you never name the Dumb One. Again? Also Rhymes with Told Ya?

~ you've ever encountered a Goatfriend. Encountered and converted.

~ you can actually follow a lengthy conversation with John Snow. Follow, yes. Understand, not so much.

~ Dragon Thief ever stole anything from you. *Borrowed,* you unwashed limey lout you.

~ you know who the Bootlicker is, and how he got his name. Open Mouth, insert Steel Toed Boots. Rinse & repeat. Poor tsorovanmhael.

~ you automatically associate deer with shrooms. Yep

~ you always keep a wary eye out for penguins. As Above. I blame Sven too.

~ you remember when Else was a regular "poster." Regular and frequent. InsideTheWeb didn’t require you to use a name when you posted, Else was the ‘anonymous’ poster.

~ you can explain the significance of "G for G!" As above.

~ you can name all the Chosen of Theoryland. Bonus points for DarkAssociates. We prefer to call them Dark Asses.

~ you ever wondered exactly what a banana lounge looks like. Nope, I knew. It’s a yard lounge chair – the 3 piece segmented ones that go from chair to bed. I did have to ask about the Esky tho (mini cooler).

~ you've ever had an argument with Brighton Merriweather. Unfortunately.

~ you've actually posted on the Scholars' Board. Used to.

~ you have an animal name, or a "bloodname." I created them!

~ you know why Goldeneyes hates monkeys so much. Demon-spawned moneky of a college roommate who tried to plot world destruction.

~ you've ever encountered Belafire. As above.

~ you know what musical instrument Lanfear plays. Viola. Only fitting, for the Daughter of Snow.

~ you know the definition of "srue" and can use it in a sentence. Srue me, you asked it again!

~ you hope to one day collect the bounty on Aldarion's head. No, that sounds like work. I’ll just *borrow* it from whoever collects it.

~ you've actually been in a Theoryland chat. Yep yep.

~ you know not to drink the wine. Nasty stuff, that.

~ you fought in the Battle of the Boards (or helped start it). CEO of the Dark Side.

~ you sit down in your spare time and write stupid lists like this. Answer them, maybe.

~ you've been here for at least 2 boards ISTW, CGIforME, Ezboards, Yuku, Vbulletin

~ you remember the great tsorovan'm'hael-Moridin X-Spidy flame war on "Is Sammael Dead" Read it, but Moridin-X had already left the Dream IIRC.

~ you know what ESC is I created the original graphic for it!

~ you know what WOW is You mean the WowowowowoW?

~ you remember the Greeter Wars Instigated them after GE became lazy and stopped doing it.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond reputeDragon Thief has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Dragon Thief

More memories:

MS & UNo's WoT Den: (esp the Theoryland sections)
http://www.wotden.com/wot/WOT.html

The Shayol Ghul Gazzette
http://www.wotden.com/sgg/

The Stolen WoT Pages (old site of mine)
http://web.archive.org/web/200006190...icehost.co.uk/

Running Stone Inn - an Old site of Goldeneyes - most of the site doesn't work, but the Artwork on the home page was done by hand by Layla, a former TL member.
http://web.archive.org/web/200309211...ningstone.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/200310051...ory/index.html - The TL story
http://web.archive.org/web/200310051...cle/index.html - The Circle of the Ages - Right-click & Zoom in on flash to make usable

This makes me want to place my wotmastesr site back up. I think I'll do that on some free site real fast.