art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 03-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Dammit. Just got new brakes...can't afford pizza till next month

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivhon View Post
Dammit. Just got new brakes...can't afford pizza till next month
Are you sure you got your priorities right?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
Thanks Camel.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that Chicago style over here except in the frozen section of the supermarket, and even then the one in the picture looks about twice as deep.
I'll just say it is divine. A friend of mine came to visit me in Chicago and we went to a local pizza joint, and he had a foodgasm when he ate the pizza. It was rather humorous. I wish I'd taped it.

"Nice try, Jack!" - Robert Jordan (to Camel)
"Camel must be the coolest TLer ever, by now." -GLotD

A grilled cheese eaten more than five minutes later is just no good. -Crispin

Old 03-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUCamel View Post

Guy with awful hair and icky teeth eating a NY-style slice of pizza:

Those Damn Gadsden Bastards Are Invading NY! Couldn't you find something better than a NY redneck?

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

That Chicago pizza looks absolutely awful.
Just sayin'.
(Granted, I can guarantee it would also make me really sick. Unfortunately, no matter what kind of pizza I eat, if it has too much grease in it, I die. With flat pizza you can mop it off with napkins. Not so with that nasty tomato sauce bread bowl lookin' thing)

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

A Chicago-style pizza is almost more like a casserole than a pizza. I personally prefer a good thin crust myslf, but a nice hearty slice of deep dish is never a bad thing wither.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 03-29-2010, 01:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Hand-tossed. I always feel cheated when I get thin crust.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go, Camel. You picked two of the most unappetizing pictures of pizza I've ever seen.

ETA:

Also, hand-tossed FTW. Thanks T.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Youngling

JanDSedai is an unknown quantity at this point

As jokeslayer says, Pizza Hut can be good pizza, with one major caveat; it has to be made right, or it's just not worth the money. As someone with 10 years experience, albeit 20 yrs ago, I know too many ways to screw it up!

In response to a theory that any fresh pizza is good pizza, Papa Murphy's Take and Bake pizza is growing in the south. They make it fresh when you order it, then you take it home and bake it in your own oven. Same ingredients as Pizza Hut, but at a fraction of the cost. The crust, however, is just fair (or maybe middlin'), so there is a trade-off.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanDSedai View Post
In response to a theory that any fresh pizza is good pizza, Papa Murphy's Take and Bake pizza is growing in the south. They make it fresh when you order it, then you take it home and bake it in your own oven. Same ingredients as Pizza Hut, but at a fraction of the cost. The crust, however, is just fair (or maybe middlin'), so there is a trade-off.
We eat a lot of Papa Murphy's. It's just pretty good, never spectacular. But at half the cost of a decent "restaurant cooked" pizza, it works for us.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Hand-tossed. I always feel cheated when I get thin crust.
Agreed. It's the equivalent of ketchup on a saltine.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram