art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): renorkeit,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light

Anything by the New Belgium Brewing company I'd certainly recommend - I haven't had a bad beer from them yet. I also think that Pyramid Brewery's Hefeweizen is extraordinary.

The other day we had a Red Hook Brewery Sampler Pack, and none of those beers were bad. Rogue Brewery (A PNW company, I don't know if it's all that widespread) makes a variety of very excellent beers.

Recently I also had a Pitch Black IPA that was quite good.
and you were tasty!-Brita
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 03-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominominic View Post
And you can't go wrong with Guinness either but out of a can? You're just asking for trouble there!
Canned Guinness is narsty. But I have found that Guinness just doesn't taste as good outside of Ireland. Friend of mine says it's a matter of distance form the brewery.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Elder

dominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Friend of mine says it's a matter of distance form the brewery.
I would guess it's mostly psychological. I've had Guinness all over the world and it hasn't really differed much. No more than it would between pubs in Ireland anyway.

-Ted Danson
Old 03-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Ancient

Ozymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

And as for beers: I don't drink a lot of beer, but if I do, I'll have a white beer
Haha, not Dos Equis?

and I think a lot of the variation in Guinness or any beer, is not necessarily distance from the brewery, but rather how long a bar has had a particular keg, the cleanliness of the lines, and maybe the temperature they store it at.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Haha, not Dos Equis?
ROFL...Sarevok's mom has a tatoo that says "Son"

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 03-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominominic View Post
I would guess it's mostly psychological. I've had Guinness all over the world and it hasn't really differed much. No more than it would between pubs in Ireland anyway.
I have suspected that for a long time, but your the first Irish person that has said so. They have all come up with reasons why it's better in Ireland. I remember drinking like seven or eight pints in a row because I couldn't get enough of the stuff, on a few different occasions, but now I have a hard time finishing one. I had one in Amsterdam recently, at an Irish pub. There was an Irish guy there drinking Heineken with his Dutchie buddies. I had another one later with another Dutchie (a guy from Malazan; Gonzo had something fancy). Anyway, he drank two while I had one, but I think he was using the Prince Kheldar method of hangover recovery. Either that, or I can't drink like I used to. Or both.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Elder

Yellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to behold

Can't....resist...must...post...in...beer...thread ....

I see so many responses w/ brews I like. Drinking a Murphy's Stout as I write this.

Pyramid Hefeweisen is one of my all time fav's. Haven't been able to find a place that carries it here in ATL unfortunately.

If you ever see these, though, give them a try:
-Erdinger
-Erdinger Dark
-Any of the Delirium's. Delirium Nocturum, Delerium Tremons, and another I can't remember the name of right now...all high gravity and all very good. One even has a nice, big pink elephant on the bottle!
-Salvatore Doppelbock
-Samiclaus (14% alcohol)

And my 3rd batch of home brew just finished conditioning. It's called Canadian High Country...has turned out to be the best attempt at home brewing so far. Can get a buzz off a single pint bottle if my stomach is empty.

And I love the build-your-own six pack places. Somebody deserves saint-hood for tha idea!
Old 03-31-2010, 01:52 AM
Ancient

Neilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant future

I'm currently in love with scotch ale.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

My contribution: Beer

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 03-31-2010, 02:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

I remember when Dahl posted that a couple years ago.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 AM
Elder

reTaardad is a jewel in the roughreTaardad is a jewel in the roughreTaardad is a jewel in the roughreTaardad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
My contribution: Beer
MAGIC FRIDGE
Old 03-31-2010, 07:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pyramid Hefeweisen is one of my all time fav's. Haven't been able to find a place that carries it here in ATL unfortunately.
Ridiculously good. I used to go to the brewery in Seattle all the time. I miss it alot. I also miss being able to go to a Mariners game and have that be one of the domestic beer options.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Guiness is wonderful, but only if don't plan on eating in the forseeable future.

Shiner is best.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai View Post
Guiness is wonderful, but only if don't plan on eating in the forseeable future.

Shiner is best.
That's part of what's so great about it...its like bread in a glass. You dont need to eat if you have Guinness.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 03-31-2010, 09:02 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Ridiculously good. I used to go to the brewery in Seattle all the time. I miss it alot. I also miss being able to go to a Mariners game and have that be one of the domestic beer options.

MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Garlic fries!!!!!!!!!!!

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:36 AM
Elder

Basel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant future

Exactly Dav...a beer, some sort of processed, preserved, mass produced meat product and another beer...viola! A sandwich!

Norm: "Hey everybody."
Everbody: "Norm!"
Woody: "What'll you have Mr. Peterson?"
Norm: "I'll have a glass of whatever comes out of that tap Woods."
Woody: "Looks like beer Mr. Peterson."
Norm: "Well call me Mr. Lucky."
Old 03-31-2010, 10:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
*slaps T*

And as for beers: I don't drink a lot of beer, but if I do, I'll have a white beer (if available).
Never, ever, will I drink Heineken again.
*Slaps Sare*

Ok Sir, before I loose my temper, giiiiiiiiiit out!

A nice cold lager beer is nothing wrong with!
Miller or Corona is really good for those hot summers. Another fav is Becks if I'm going for a lager.

Mostly I'm not so picky when it comes to lagers, but those are really good. (I can chug Carlsberg, heineken or whatever you throw at me too of course).

Other than that I like IPAs. Like those that Brewdog makes. Like Punk IPA.

Newcastle is another one I like, smooth taste and goes down really well. ESB is a fav choice in my local watering hole

Not much of a beer-connaisseur, I enjoy them greatly but I have a hard time remembering which ones I have drunk and which was good. Maybe because I drink to many of them in one go? I dunno.

Mostly stick to the basics though.

From the excellent comedy sketch show That Mitchell and Webb Look: Lager beer

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Last edited by Mort; 03-31-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Elder

Basel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant future

True...a chewy beer after yard work really doesn't work. Miller, Corona, etc. certainly have their place and most brewers will concede that the macro-breweries do a very good job with their product consistancy and quality given that defects in the product are much easier to taste in a light lager such as Bud, Coors, Miller than in some more flavorful beers...
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

New beer coming soon to a pub near you:
Fucking Hell

And Mort, I have nothing against Carlsberg (or Amstel, to name another large brand), but Heineken is just... EWWW.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

gotta say, I'm not a huge fan of beer. I like the ultimate girly beer: Kriekjes, and most double or triple beers.

However, spending time with Dai has taught me to appreciate a good whisky: Single malt, neat - generally I like the salty ones, Arran for example is really nice.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill