art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 03/08 - 09/08
User Name
Password

Old 08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinistrum
That is very interesting that you've actually been able to interact and experiment with behavior in your situation Sei. That sort of activity tends to stick with intelligent type hauntings which is neat. Have you ever had any sort of legitimate investigative effort done in your house? And by legitimate I mean minus any crazy person claiming to be psychic.
We talked about it, but haven't actually called anyone to come a look. I figure those people are looking for real nasty ghosts. You also have to understand that this doesn't happen all the time. Every time I put Jake down for a nap she doesn't want us to get him up. It happens every once in a while and goes on for a day or 2 and then it stops for a while. I've lived there a long time so a lot of that is spread out over the years. The last time we had anything big happen was about 5 months ago and it was just some lights going on and off. I used to have video of it, but my computer that it was on fried the harddrive and I lost it. Next time it happens I'll see if I can get something to show y'all. I've seen on line that if you take pics and they have floaties in them they are supposed to be ghosts, but I don't really believe that. Most pictures...the majority actually, are all good pics with no floaties. We do have messed up ones sometimes, but I had messed up ones like that in other places so I think thats a scam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita
But all these things can be explained away- yours are very convincing.
All my friends who have seen things can explain them away. They still won't come hang out anymore. I used to be a bigshot and talk about how there is no such thing as ghosts...even after I moved into the house I still said there was no such thing. It took several things to change my mind. I had a huge fight with my ex after seeing Esther in the hall because I thought she was trying to scare me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanamama the sarcastic non believer
That's a fascinating story, 'Taer. Really.
Next time you talk to Pop ask him if he's ever seen anything. He's never mentioned it to me if he has so I'm really not sure. Maybe SoE will even pop in one of these days and tell you his story about playing computer games and getting advice from ghosts...course, he could have been and likely was, drunk at the time so that makes his statements suspect...lol.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he could have been and likely was, drunk at the time so that makes his statements suspect...lol.

You mean they're not always?

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 08-12-2008, 04:48 PM

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
You mean they're not always?
Well, there is that.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Elder

tanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to tanaww Send a message via Yahoo to tanaww

I wasn't being sarcastic, jackass. I am not a sarcastic non-believer. I EVEN GAVE YOU REP FOR IT! I want to come to your house and meet the ghost. I'll bring beer and Sarge will make wings! But we can't tell the horde about the ghost or they'll never go for it.

Tanaww,
Mother of Chaos and Debauchery

"Always start a story with 'No shit! There I was' or else no one will believe you" - 1SG

"The Universe hates bitches." - Deiwos the Sky God

All the cool kids read this.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
I've had bad dreams, I know I'm dreaming and there is something, dark, there that is menacing and all I want to do is get away. I know that the only way to get away is to wake myself up. It is always very hard to wake up, like I'm clawing my way up through water, with something dragging me down. Once I'm awake, I can't move and still feel the presence of whatever it is, and I'm still scared. I'm always very sleepy and feel like something is pulling me back into my dream. I struggle with myself until I'm fully awake and can calm myself down. If I go back to sleep without doing that, it happens all over again.
I've had this a couple of times. really scary. but I found a trick way back when I was 10 or so after waking from a nightmare once. no laughing please >_> but I just imagine myself back into the dream as a jedi with lightsabers(I think I'd just seen star wars or something) and it works like a charm. if the nightmare continues I make short work of whatever monster it was

not that I've had nightmares like that for years though. but basically just go back and kick the scary's @ss

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaww
I wasn't being sarcastic, jackass. I am not a sarcastic non-believer. I EVEN GAVE YOU REP FOR IT! I want to come to your house and meet the ghost. I'll bring beer and Sarge will make wings! But we can't tell the horde about the ghost or they'll never go for it.

SWEET!..We can scare the beejeezus out of 'em! I love wings too!

Old 08-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Ancient

pops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to pops taer
Default My story!!

I can't say for sure about Esther cuz I've never seen her. However, I can say that I've come awake at weird hours and felt like someone was in the room with me. So there is the possibility. I have had some of those unable to move type dreams. I seldom recall a dream now and I lay that off on my crazy working hours. I firmly believe after talking to some of my Postal Service cohorts that the crazy night hours make you sleep and not remember the dreams. Of course in the case of the 'taer clan it might be the "White Lightening" that creates the inability to move. You know the old story. My Grandad only drinks to settle his nerves. Sometimes they get so settled he can't move..

Officially adoptive Theoryland father of Birgitte, Cary Fairy, Sarafelle, leanne, Salem, Paige from New Mexico and J'Lo.

Lord but not Master to - Lady tanaww, Lady Tru, Lady Anaiya, Lady Aly, Lady Ishara, Lady Teri, Lady Jen and Lady Gina.

You can never do something again. You are only able to do something similar.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

DeiwosTheSkyGod is just really niceDeiwosTheSkyGod is just really niceDeiwosTheSkyGod is just really niceDeiwosTheSkyGod is just really niceDeiwosTheSkyGod is just really nice

You guys have me fascinated with this thread. I've never had sleep paralysis, but I've had a few lucid dreams. I had no idea that you could force them, though. Learning to do this is a new life project.

SDog, I spit water all over my computer, too. That was classic.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've had this a couple of times. really scary. but I found a trick way back when I was 10 or so after waking from a nightmare once. no laughing please >_> but I just imagine myself back into the dream as a jedi with lightsabers(I think I'd just seen star wars or something) and it works like a charm. if the nightmare continues I make short work of whatever monster it was
That's lucid dreaming, Dahllia.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
That's lucid dreaming, Dahllia.
oh. guess we need another thread about male dreamers then ^_^

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 08-14-2008, 08:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
oh. guess we need another thread about male dreamers then ^_^

I really don't think we need to discuss those dreams.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sinistrum

Quote:
I really don't think we need to discuss those dreams.
What, you don't want to hear the one I had about tricia helfer last night?

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

~full body dry heave~

Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sinistrum

Quote:
~full body dry heave~
Victory is mine.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam