art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 03/08 - 09/08
User Name
Password

Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

jason wolfbrother has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jason wolfbrother Send a message via MSN to jason wolfbrother Send a message via Yahoo to jason wolfbrother

Granted but your boss only pays you when he wants to.

I wish I had a real lightsaber

Wash:"Things are about to get interesting"
Mal:"Define interesting..."
Wash:"Oh God! Oh God! We're all gonna die!?"

"If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space"
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason wolfbrother
Granted but your boss only pays you when he wants to.

I wish I had a real lightsaber

Granted but you lose both your hands in an industrial accident the first day you have it.

I wish I had some Taco Bell for lunch...

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93

I wish I had some Taco Bell for lunch...
Granted, but it's from the resturaunt where one of the employees is using the ground beef for a toilet...

I wish I had a bathtub big enough to actually immerse my whole body when I bathe...
First-sister to Nazbaque, Great Lord of the Flame
Near-sister to Terez, Quotemistress
Lady of Chaos, official member of LoC, Big-sis to Rand & Myr...Woohoo!
Un-official adopted daughter of Pops'Taer, a.k.a. Cary'Taer
Cary Sedai, The first ever, Fairy of the TCA
Old 08-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Granted, but you don't realize your apartment isn't built to support the weight of the water, and as soon as you slip into the luxurious bath the floor gives way and you crash down to the first floor apartment where Multi-millionaire Peter Dushop is packing his belongings. Shocked and shaken, you blurt out "What is your sign? I was just wondering because I am also the cautious type..."

I wish I was a Jumper and could teleport...

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 08-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Granted, but it's from the resturaunt where one of the employees is using the ground beef for a toilet...
Wouldn't that be every Taco Bell?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

Quote:
Wouldn't that be every Taco Bell?
Hey, I could live at Taco Bell.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita

I wish I was a Jumper and could teleport...
Granted, however you can't control where you will end up when you teleport and for some reason your clothes just won't make the transfer. You wind up in the middle of a televised soccer match.....better teleport again, quick!

I wish I could move tomorrow!
Old 08-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by irerancincpkc
Hey, I could live at Taco Bell.
I'm not bashing Taco Bell (its one of my favorite fastfoods)...just stating fact.

Old 08-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Sedai
I wish I could move tomorrow!
Granted... you can move to Mexico. I hear it's nice and warm there.

I wish I had a job as a pilot.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok
Granted... you can move to Mexico. I hear it's nice and warm there.

I wish I had a job as a pilot.
You're hired. Now take this 1958 single prop and fly 400 kilos of coke into Miami.

I wish I could use the Force. Darkside/Lightside...don't matter.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 08-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

You can but you live in 1690's Salem, Ma and you're burned as a wizard before you learn to master your newfound powers. (1)

I wish it is 1630 so I can go home.

Footnotes
(1) Davian93: http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/...ote=1&p=12859; August 1, 2008.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain

Last edited by Brita; 08-01-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

granted. but you get home and find that your keys and your phone are inside, noone is in, and all doors and windows are locked, so you need to wait 4 hours for the locksmith to turn up.

I wish I had something nice to eat in my fridge.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I wish I had something nice to eat in my fridge.
Granted...You have a complete meal from Cheesecake Factory (courtesy of SoE) but your fridge died while you out all day and its all spoiled now.

I wish I was hiking right now.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future
Default Poof!

Quote:
I wish I was hiking right now.
...You're High King -- but the peasants are revolting and that guillotine looks pretty sharp.

I wish I had exact change for anything I wanted to buy in my right front pocket whenever the sales person gave me the total.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold

I wish I had exact change for anything I wanted to buy in my right front pocket whenever the sales person gave me the total.
Granted, it's all in pennies though.

I wish someone would steal my wifes chihuahuas (don't even think you can put a worse dog in here...it's not possible).

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer
Granted, it's all in pennies though.

I wish someone would steal my wifes chihuahuas (don't even think you can put a worse dog in here...it's not possible).
Granted, but they're replaced with 20 ft long crocodiles.

I wish this wish was incorruptible.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

Very well - your wish remains as stands. How perfectly useless.

I wish I had a ticket to Europe (First Class all the way!)
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Ancient

Purple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworiverswoman
Very well - your wish remains as stands. How perfectly useless.

I wish I had a ticket to Europe (First Class all the way!)

Granted... you have a first class shipping crate... complete without airholes.

Iz wishes i has a cheezburgers...(nom)
Adopted Big Brother to Birgitte (the lazy git
Adopted Big Brother to Sarafelle - The Brave
Master Asha'man Dragon of Cary the Fairy and T'rubarb
Old 08-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

Quote:
Granted... you have a first class shipping crate... complete without airholes.

Iz wishes i has a cheezburgers...(nom)
... WITHOUT airholes? Trying to lose a warder? ~sniff~

Grants two wishes --- improves English AND gives you a cheeseburger, but the cheese is Rancid Yak Butter Cheese, with a side of Gorgonzola and you are evicted from every building you try to enter due to the lingering aroma coming out of your pores...

I wish the shipping crate had air conditioning and was on a luxury liner -- and had a door I could open.
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 08-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworiverswoman

I wish the shipping crate had air conditioning and was on a luxury liner -- and had a door I could open.
Granted, but you are so excited about the door, you open it and fall right out into the sea, watching as the liner keeps going....

I wish I could play a match of quiditch