art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/2010 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps the funniest part of that 'joke' is the fact that I actually read half that and checked the edit history, because I thought you put something in there about the undead.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:30 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
Perhaps the funniest part of that 'joke' is the fact that I actually read half that and checked the edit history, because I thought you put something in there about the undead.
And I thought Gonzo was a muppet.

ETA: I tried to rep you for that, but apparently I need to spread it around like a greenstocking first. Therefore, have some Youngling Rep.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 02-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

So, what part of the last 7 messages could not have been conducted over PM?

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 02-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishara View Post
So, what part of the last 7 messages could not have been conducted over PM?
Are you now seriously expecting us to conduct all conversations which are of no particular privacy but which are essentially a dialogue between two people to be conducted over PM? Because if that's the case, it's going to get very quiet around here, and I'm not just talking about myself and The Unreasoner. It's not even as if the discussion was off-topic - this is a joke thread* and we were making jokes. I use PMs if I feel a particular need for privacy, not just because I'm talking to someone.

*although admittedly less well-policed for non-jokes than the old thread, but whether that's good or bad is a separate conversation.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
and we were making jokes.
overall I agree with Zombie, but this part is simply incorrect.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 02-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
overall I agree with Zombie, but this part is simply incorrect.
I can confidently say that every single post I made in the seven under discussion contained some element of humour or joculation.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly chuckled at least twice. But not as hard as I laughed at Ishara's post in my other thread. She disapproves of me as a general rule of thumb..I don't need reminders. I had already understood I screwed up from yks's reply.

Honestly though...at least I thought I deserved Terez's ire...to a point.

Really...banning me would be more subtle.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can confidently say that every single post I made in the seven under discussion contained some element of humour or joculation.
my my, you've taken lessons from Res in presenting opinions as facts. Good job!

Edit: now THAT was a zinger

Bonded to JWB

-- Winston Churchill

Last edited by yks 6nnetu hing; 02-28-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Elder

Quote:
my my, you've taken lessons from Res in presenting opinions as facts. Good job!
Res has always wanted me to start listening to his opinions on the way things ought to be done. Apparently I wasn't the only student in class, though.

Being as serious as I can be in a joke thread, I have at least tried to keep it light-hearted throughout apart from my one response to Ishara. I'd recommend moving the whole thing to a separate thread if it's widely felt that we're just not funny enough.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Res has always wanted me to start listening to his opinions on the way things ought to be done. Apparently I wasn't the only student in class, though.

Being as serious as I can be in a joke thread, I have at least tried to keep it light-hearted throughout apart from my one response to Ishara. I'd recommend moving the whole thing to a separate thread if it's widely felt that we're just not funny enough.
well... to be fair, I did *get* that the back-and-forward was supposed to be joke-y. The problem is though, the jokes were bad (and not in a good way where you snort in your coffee and blush at the same time for finding it funny. Because you shouldn't. Because it's BAD), they were just... a back-and-forth exchange of inside jokes.

me, I'm happy to have all sorts of things out in the open, and it would be hypocritical of me to deny you two your bromance, seeing as I've engaged in similar or worse in my past (ahem. would like to forget those tickle threads happened... but they did). it's just a bit toomuch if you expect others to participate and find your inside jokes funny. For that sort of thing, Facebook is an excellent medium. ETA: and then, when it's actually funny, Failbook

Bonded to JWB

-- Winston Churchill

Last edited by yks 6nnetu hing; 02-28-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Quote:
well... to be fair, I did *get* that the back-and-forward was supposed to be joke-y. The problem is though, the jokes were bad (and not in a good way where you snort in your coffee and blush at the same time for finding it funny. Because you shouldn't. Because it's BAD), they were just... a back-and-forth exchange of inside jokes.

me, I'm happy to have all sorts of things out in the open, and it would be hypocritical of me to deny you two your bromance, seeing as I've engaged in similar or worse in my past (ahem. would like to forget those tickle threads happened... but they did). it's just a bit toomuch if you expect others to participate and find your inside jokes funny. For that sort of thing, Facebook is an excellent medium. ETA: and then, when it's actually funny, Failbook
This.

It's not that I generally disapprove of you, btw, although that made me smile. But we have certain cultures in certain fora, and would prefer that we recognize that it's for a reason.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Bats not in the belfry.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

Quote:
Are you Peter Garrett in disguise?
"Jocular" always makes me think of this excerpt from a satirical show in Australia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J9iNSwV2T4

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Traveling through New England, a motorist stopped for gas in a tiny village. "What's this place called?" he asked the station attendant.

"All depends," the native drawled. "Do you mean by them that has to live in this dad-blamed, moth-eaten, dust-covered dump, or by them that's merely enjoying its quaint and picturesque rustic charms for a short spell."

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Two cosmopolitan ladies were sitting on their loungers on a hot beach

One turns to the other and says, "My fantasy is having to men at the same time. . . ."

The other lady was speechless but nearly choked on her drink.

The speaker continued, "One cooking and the other cleaning. . ."

Old 03-07-2012, 06:47 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

Dustin Hoffman likes to tell semi-dirty jokes.

Nr 1.

Nr 2.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

MY LIVING WILL:

Last night, my kids stopped by and were sitting in the living room when I said to them, 'I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.'

They got up, unplugged the Computer, and threw out my wine.

They are SO on my shit list ...