art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future
Default How to get banned from Target

My sister sent me a funny in teh emailz today, and while I normally scoff at such n00b behavior, this one was pretty funny. I srsly cracked up at a few of them.

So, I share.

Quote:
Dear Mrs. Samsel,

Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Samsel, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice,"Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away". This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.
6. August 14: Moved a "CAUTION - WET FLOOR" sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers he would invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department, to which twenty children obliged.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if she could help him, he began crying and screamed, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?" EMTs were called.
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.
12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his "Madonna look" by using different sizes of funnels.
13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled "PICK ME! PICK ME!"
14. October 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed "OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!"
15. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, "Hey! There's no toilet paper in here."
Old 10-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

jason wolfbrother has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jason wolfbrother Send a message via MSN to jason wolfbrother Send a message via Yahoo to jason wolfbrother

seen that before with Wal-Mart as the store. still just as funny. even more so since I work at Wal-Mart and know how many of those would actually work. lol

Wash:"Things are about to get interesting"
Mal:"Define interesting..."
Wash:"Oh God! Oh God! We're all gonna die!?"

"If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space"
Old 10-03-2009, 03:05 AM
Elder

Leanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the rough

Maybe I am easily amused, but I laugh everytime I read something like this. Mine was more like, "what do people do to amuse themselves when they retire", so I picture little old ladies and men running around doing these things.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne
Maybe I am easily amused, but I laugh everytime I read something like this. Mine was more like, "what do people do to amuse themselves when they retire", so I picture little old ladies and men running around doing these things.
seen it as that too. really funny

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 10-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the clientele, I don't think its actually possible to be kicked out of a Wal-Mart. This far better fits a Target.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

I know some people who got kicked out of walmart.

They would stand at the back of the store and chunk eggs as high and far as they could, and then sprint out the back exit. Took them 4 or 5 times before they got caught.

They had someone video tape it from the middle of the store...one time one of the eggs landed in a shopper's cart...heh. The shopper was like "O_O!!"

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 10-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

I used to have sword fights with plastic bats up and down the aisles when i was a teenager
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 10-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
I know some people who got kicked out of walmart.

They would stand at the back of the store and chunk eggs as high and far as they could, and then sprint out the back exit. Took them 4 or 5 times before they got caught.

They had someone video tape it from the middle of the store...one time one of the eggs landed in a shopper's cart...heh. The shopper was like "O_O!!"
I believe that People of Walmart needs to be linked at this point...

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93
I believe that People of Walmart needs to be linked at this point...

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
Dapple works at the local Walmart Pharmacy. I SO have to show her this site.

My favorite so far.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future

Now, I am guilty at times of matching my underwear to what I wear, but smiley face underwear and a yellow dress with a black belt? That's taking it too far, IMO.

Yeah, that site is awesome. I'll have to forward it around. It's like lolcats for the fashion crowd.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man- that's a great site.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 10-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Elder

This one is...yeah.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one of my favs.

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it. This will only become more commonplace as the weather warms.
A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular Lowes, Home Depot, or Costco customers. This one caught me by surprise.

Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking 20-something girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the trunk.. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' and instead ask you for a ride to McDonalds.

You agree and they get into the back seat. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet. I had my wallet stolen June 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th,17th, 20th, 24th, & 29th. Also July 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 28th, three times last Monday and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful. What a horrible way to take advantage of older men. Warn your friends to be vigilant.

Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found cheaper ones for $1.99 at K- Mart and bought them out. Also, you never will get to eat at McDonalds. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth to Lowes, Home Depot, and Costco.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

This one is amusing on so many levels:

Old 10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Only problem with it being a Target is Targets don't sell guns, Wally World does.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett