art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 03/08 - 09/08
User Name
Password

Old 07-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

~Sigh~

I go away for 12 hours and miss this.

Terez, I don't have a problem with your attitude, and you've never really done anything to make me mad at you. But if so many other people are making the effort to say that you are bothering them to a certain degree, maybe you could agree to calm it down a bit? And then maybe everyone else would stop overreacting, as you put it, and we could all be friends?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by irerancincpkc
Terez, I don't have a problem with your attitude, and you've never really done anything to make me mad at you. But if so many other people are making the effort to say that you are bothering them to a certain degree, maybe you could agree to calm it down a bit?
Calm what down a bit? Seriously...like I said, I am the way I am, and I can't change it, and I've learned from experience that being nice doesn't help much. That doesn't stop me from being nice most of the time, now does it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammer
And then maybe everyone else would stop overreacting, as you put it, and we could all be friends?
Like I said, it doesn't seem to matter if I'm polite - people overreact to everything I do anyway. Perhaps if people stopped being so paranoid about me being out to get them, and reading mayhem into my every intention, then we could all get along? Perhaps if, every time someone has a minor issue with something I say or do, the whole board doesn't pile on to the hate bandwagon against me, then we could all get along?

I am not by far the only person on this board that loses their temper from time to time - why am I the only one that gets persecuted for it?

I'm not impressed by the fact that the group of haters is so large either, because I know a little bit about how groupthink works. I can't see a logical reason for why my flaws are deemed to be so much worse than everyone else's, and no one has managed to convince me that mine are worse than everyone else's, so what can I do but attribute it to groupthink?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

You are who you are. Great. As long as you are comfortable with that, which you seem to be, keep being who are you. I was just saying if you know something is going to bother someone, try not to do it; I don't think that is taking away from who you are.

You say everyone else will still overreact, well if that happens, ignore them. Don't pick a fight. I do think you've been treated unfairly, but I don't think all the blame can be put on everyone else. And I don't see what good arguing does about it. It seems to have gotten everyone madder. I know you want to get it out there, so it can be over with, but I don't think that approach is working.

Like I said, don't get me wrong; I have no problem with you, I'm just attempting to be diplomatic here.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

You're attempting to appease the lynch mob is what you're doing.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Bryan Blaire has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC7
Where I come from, saying first Cholly, now this (=Terez's comments) is definitely a comparison.
That's funny, 'cause where I come from, someone saying "Why not? It's fun." is a refusal to stop doing something based on the speaker's own amusement. However, that has been deemed to be irrelevant by one person, so in the same vein, this has to be deemed irrelevant.

There's truth in your lies, doubt in your faith, what you've built you lay to waste...

Great Bumper-sticker: Stop Repeat Offenders - Quit Re-electing your Congressmen and Senators
Old 07-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Oh god, that comment right there just makes my entire argument for me...

Are you serious? How on earth does asking "why not" equal a refusal? I've asked you before but you seem to think that saying it over and over will make it true.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sinistrum and I have agreed on something. Two somethings, actually, now that I think back on it. I can't remember what the first something was, anymore. But the second one was that we were both horrified at having to admit the other was right. I handled it better, of course.
I ain't gonna drink no beer. I've tried that before, and I have no inclination at all to repeat the experiment.

There's always The Lake House.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light

^^^Theoryland Retro Cat

Ok. Honestly? 200+ posts about this? Is this really Theoryland? 200 posts about the war in Iraq, understandable. 200 posts on whether or not Terez was out of line? Who gives a shit! This has dominated the last... what? Three days? Don't we have anything better to do?

So what if it's only like 170 because the thread needs to die and so I LolCat-ed it. If I were Terez right now, and the whole board had ganged up on me, regardless of whether I was wrong or not, I'd be pissed enough to drag it out. That's why threads like this get locked. Clearly I'm inable to do so. I'd hoped enough LolCats would scare you folks away, but clearly I was wrong.

Tony Snow is Dead

The Pope is worried about Climate Change

North Korea has agreed to Disarm

Pick one, and hate each other's beliefs. This is Theoryland - we aren't supposed to hate each other. Find their beliefs, and criticize them. Son of a bitch...

and you were tasty!-Brita
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland

Last edited by RogueSavior; 07-12-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
that doesn't mean we have to go out of our way to antagonize people. It gets really old...
I find this ironically amusing as it seems you're the one doing the antagonizing.

Now, it's probably not intentional on your part, but I seem to recall several instances where several posters have been antagonized by stuff that you've done. "Smart ass" attitude, if taken wrong can seem like antagonistic, I should know, I share the same attitude.

Thing is when I pull that routine with alot of people, it usually garners laughs (even when I think I've gone over the line). When you try to pull it off, it seems like antagonism. Don't entirely know why, but perhaps people are only responding to what they're sensing in your, not just going out and being crotchety old asshats on general principle.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Bryan Blaire has disabled reputation

I hate RS and his attitude.

There's truth in your lies, doubt in your faith, what you've built you lay to waste...

Great Bumper-sticker: Stop Repeat Offenders - Quit Re-electing your Congressmen and Senators
Old 07-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Ancient

Purple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
Like I said, it doesn't seem to matter if I'm polite - people overreact to everything I do anyway. Perhaps if people stopped being so paranoid about me being out to get them, and reading mayhem into my every intention, then we could all get along? Perhaps if, every time someone has a minor issue with something I say or do, the whole board doesn't pile on to the hate bandwagon against me, then we could all get along?
so... which is it now? are we out to get you or do we think you're out to get us?

schizofrenic paranoia much?

seriously... decide then move along. why do you even stick around if everyone is so horrible?
wouldn't it be better for you to find somewhere else to go, and stay away from TL?
Adopted Big Brother to Birgitte (the lazy git
Adopted Big Brother to Sarafelle - The Brave
Master Asha'man Dragon of Cary the Fairy and T'rubarb