art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 03/08 - 09/08
User Name
Password

Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coolest Avatar

Besides my own (of course I like it, I picked it afterall), I think SBX has the best Avatar on the board. Here is my reasoning:

1. Its WoT related on a WoT board.

2. He's kept with it for years and years (I've never seen another one in the 4.5 years I've been here.

3. It moves!!!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 07-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

Wow, I think the contest is over. You sealed it for him there. The only way the case for it could get stronger is if he came on and explained it had a deeply personal connection to him as well.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by irerancincpkc
Wow, I think the contest is over. You sealed it for him there. The only way the case for it could get stronger is if he came on and explained it had a deeply personal connection to him as well.
There are other cool ones...that's just my favorite.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

This is how little I apparently pay attention to the avatars: I have no idea what his looks like.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
This is how little I apparently pay attention to the avatars: I have no idea what his looks like.
Its the moving Age of Legends AS symbol (i.e. Yin/Yang)...I've always thought it was cool looking. I like Brita's as well and I loved when Frenzy had the Hobbs one.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Ancient

NargsBrood will become famous soon enough
Default i agree

i've always looked at the names anyways.

what was callandors? i mean what IS callandors? or is "was" correct since he probably hasnt made an account for the new board?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NargsBrood
i've always looked at the names anyways.

what was callandors? i mean what IS callandors? or is "was" correct since he probably hasnt made an account for the new board?
He's got an account and has even posted once or twice but I have no idea what his avatar actually is.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Ancient

i just recalled it was a little "almost southparkish looking" japanese guy with a slick mustache with some weird make-up on it's face. i'd have to look it up to know for sure... it was short i recall whatever it was.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Ancient

I found it on the yuku board:

I was just imagining the whole thing and not just the head... and that the red lense thing was make up but i had the mustache right in my mind and I couldnt decide if it had a hat on or not... guess it does
Old 07-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

What is it, exactly? Or rather, who is it supposed to be?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Ancient

Default probably i think

i imagine it is someone from his favorite obscure japanese cartoon i'm sure someone around here may know. if not... would it be worth bugging callandor and asking him? or would he be offended we're trying to make contact? anyone know him very well since he left?
Old 07-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Ancient

Purple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of light
Default it's just...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irerancincpkc
What is it, exactly? Or rather, who is it supposed to be?
one of those "make your own hero" kind of things.
Adopted Big Brother to Birgitte (the lazy git
Adopted Big Brother to Sarafelle - The Brave
Master Asha'man Dragon of Cary the Fairy and T'rubarb
Old 07-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Ancient

PD - your's looks like white dragons? It is very small for me to see correctly but if white dragons it is... why white? does it change with your mood? are you feeling exceptionly well today? or this week?

or is it a black and white picture of a purple dragon?

Last edited by NargsBrood; 07-11-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

I don't even know what my own avatar is at the moment...
Old 07-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Callandor's avatar was something I found a few years back. It was an avatar generator. It gave you a head that you could change and customize, add stuff to. I made one for myself at the same time and still have it.

As for the avatar I use, nah, no deep personal reasons. I found it while searching for WoT stuff, sometime back in the late 90s. Found it, loved it, and when TL came around with avatars I used it myself.

A quick look around t3h intarwebz gives this link which credits the original creators.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Hummph

4.5 + years of use... check
only avatar ever used anywhere... check
vaguely symbolic... check
Moves... well. For some reason the animated part of the gif ain't working... check minus.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 07-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

actually Ivhon, I see it moving.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

some days it moves...some days it doesnt.

Must be getting crotchety in its old age.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 07-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

You should retire it. (Or reload it.)

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sinistrum

Quote:
I don't even know what my own avatar is at the moment
It looks like a penguin with bat wings. I wonder if DT is concerned by this evolutionary development...

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam