art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): eveningdesigner,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 03/08 - 09/08
User Name
Password

Old 07-13-2008, 11:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold
Default Denmark meet

Around 8:30 last friday Lurk turned up at my place. After a cup of coffee we drove off to PD

*10 hours later*

I stand in front of PD appartment building and call him, to ask wich floor he lives on. "Hey PD, could you look outside? I can hear you talk from here." PD waves and tells me to come in and say hi. The first thing I see is some guy waving a sword at me, wich turned out to be Naz. And then a big surprise: what seemed like a 16 year-old girl standing there. It was that much a surprise because Lurk told me in the car that Isa would be staying in Copenhagen.
After telling Lurk I'd found them and getting the luggage from the car, we went to have some pizza. At the pizza place Isa and Naz got into a pretty heated discussion, that starten whith a remark from Naz about KoD. I told PD I thought the entire discussion would have fitted perfectly on the board, here.
That evening we had some beers/wodka/whiskey/cola/fanta, while playing some game with dice and a game Lurk came up with, wich involved throwing a non-existant ball around. It was really fun.

The next day after breakfast we went shopping for the evening, where we had a barbecue planned, and then we went to Copenhagen in Lurk's car.
After we found a parking spot, we walked through the city, for wich I'll let the picture speak for itself. I'll just say we went on a sightseeing bus and saw the little mermaid, the harbour and climbed a tower wich gave us a great view of the city.
PHOTO'S

After we got back to PD's town we were worried about possible rain and the hard wind, so we decided to not have a barbeque, but to just cook the meat in the kitchen. For this PD used a sause he got from Gil... It was quite taste, though a little hot with the steak, but both me and Isa had to stop eating the chicken after a few bites... Somehow Naz managed to finish my piece somepletely, with the help, but then had enough.
Lurk and PD, though, took some chicken, ate it... and then took some more... I just went with another (and less spicy) steak.
After that, we watched some DVDs: Monty Python and From Dusk Till Dawn .

That night Naz snored so loud, that Lurk decided to move his matress into PD's room. I think I was too tired to care...

The next morning after breakfast and chatting on Skype with Tru, Lurk and PD brought Isa to the trainstation to catch her train to the airport.
In the meantime, I and Naz started a Guild Wars session with Tru.

Currently we're playing PS2, and I'm writing this post and uploading my pics.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset

Last edited by Sarevok; 07-13-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

Sounds awesome! Hurry up with those pics!

Wait... Ya'll were drinking!? No wonder I felt funny! Between the bond to m'Dragon, the bond to you, and the bond between me and my Brother.... Sheesh!
First-sister to Nazbaque, Great Lord of the Flame
Near-sister to Terez, Quotemistress
Lady of Chaos, official member of LoC, Big-sis to Rand & Myr...Woohoo!
Un-official adopted daughter of Pops'Taer, a.k.a. Cary'Taer
Cary Sedai, The first ever, Fairy of the TCA
Old 07-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Sedai
Sounds awesome! Hurry up with those pics!
All done now:

In case anyone missed the link halfway through the text:
PHOTO'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Sedai
Wait... Ya'll were drinking!? No wonder I felt funny! Between the bond to m'Dragon, the bond to you, and the bond between me and my Brother.... Sheesh!
*hugs Cary*

Old 07-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Cool pics, Sare. And it sounds like ya'll are having fun. Coolness

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 07-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

sounds like an awesome weekend

still pissed I missed it :<

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 07-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

8 pics added

Old 07-14-2008, 06:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok
After we got back to PD's town we were worried about possible rain and the hard wind, so we decided to not have a barbeque, but to just cook the meat in the kitchen. For this PD used a sause he got from Gil... It was quite taste, though a little hot with the steak, but both me and Isa had to stop eating the chicken after a few bites... Somehow Naz managed to finish my piece somepletely, with the help, but then had enough.
I did manage to eat almost the whole chicken
You did eat way less than me :P
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pictures. Just a nitpick (should that be nitpicture, in this case?):
Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, somebody invented compas directions. Those might've been more useful in naming the "round tower view" pictures than the numbering system you now employed.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok
And then a big surprise: what seemed like a 16 year-old girl standing there.

Sixteen?? Awww . . . . our little Isa is growing up.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I did manage to eat almost the whole chicken
You did eat way less than me :P
That's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo
compas directions. Those might've been more useful in naming the "round tower view" pictures than the numbering system you now employed.
Well, iirc, no.1 starts at North-East. I went counter-clockwise after that.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Ancient

Purple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of light

so... to sum up...

Nice Dragon makes yummy spicey foods

Dutchies argue about who could eat the most of it

Mr. Frenzy's Death Wings are a puny, weak thing in comparisson...

and last, but not least, Sare can't tell direction... not sure i dare fly with him

good luck tomorrow anyway Sare... just remember: if you get the job; don't drop by
Adopted Big Brother to Birgitte (the lazy git
Adopted Big Brother to Sarafelle - The Brave
Master Asha'man Dragon of Cary the Fairy and T'rubarb
Old 07-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Dragon
Dutchies argue about who could eat the most of it
Uhm... not really... I already admitted Isa ate more of it...

Old 07-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Ancient

lurk has a spectacular aura aboutlurk has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to lurk
Talking

Well... dragon did confide that he wanted to check your strength of will Sare with that chicken!

And I will be uploading some pics too asap but I have to find out which photosite I used to use.

Anyhow, I did manage to get some decent sleep the third night

allrighty now to upload those pics...

Quote:
will be continued

"a fox knows many tricks, a hedgehog knows a single good one" by archilochus

Hodie mihi cras tibi (roman epitaph) meaning: today it is me, tomorrow it is you
Old 07-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Ancient

Thumbs up I think it worked...

well this shows that you can still learn an old dog new trickses

I made a selection because Sare already had a lot of pics up so Here you go!

Hodie mihi cras tibi (roman epitaph) meaning: today it is me, tomorrow it is you
Old 07-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Ooh, Lurk is a cutie!
Old 07-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

Great pics, guys. Where are Emma's? I already know PD was a slacker at taking pics.... hmph.

I enjoyed chatting with them a couple of times, and playing GW with Sare and Naz was a blast. It was hilarious listening in while PD played some point and click adventure game -- I have no idea what it was, but it was making them all howl with laughter. And, of course, singing the Pirate Song from Monkey Island on YouTube .... lol.

That spicy chicken sounds too hot for me, thanks, though I think PD is now planning some kind of showdown against the Dark Father's Death Wings... Should be fun -- to watch -- from a distance (to avoid the flame breath weapons).
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

I'm a little confused, how do you play scandinavian chess? Either I've actually never learned, or I have always lost big time and gotten hammered hard

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:15 AM
Ancient

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort
I'm a little confused, how do you play scandinavian chess? Either I've actually never learned, or I have always lost big time and gotten hammered hard

Well Mort that just depends on your own goal

win at chess or win at drinking

perfect game you always win!