art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): canadaexpeditio,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 08-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guild Upgrades & Crafting

So for Guild upgrades, anyone against going with Guild Storage first? If anyone is, any other suggestions for upgrades?

Also, who got Tomes of Influence? If we can figure out how much influence we have to start with we can queue up the upgrades and let them just roll out.

I think we need 2500 influence to get it Guild Storage (Arch I: 500, Arch II: 1000, Storage: 1000), so that's 2.5 Tomes.

Also, do we want to go with the Guild Crafters idea? We'd have only a few people that the rest of us would feed supplies to allowing them to get the skills leveled faster and then they make gear for everyone else. The option is that everyone just grinds it up separately and uses their own stores or whatever spares would be left in Guild Storage.

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 08-23-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Youngling

C S Queen will become famous soon enough

I'm in favor for a guild stash
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

Guild Stash is fine. I know Z will have a tome of influence. I will be interested in crafting. However I do not know which toon/class I will be playing first. But this is my thought.

Warrior: Weaponsmith and Armorsmith
Necro: Tailoring and Jeweler
Ranger: Leatherworking and Huntsman
Guardian: Articifer
Ele: Cooking.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I'll probably do:
Guardian: Armoursmith & Cook
Mesmer: Tailor & Jeweler
Thief: Leatherworker & Huntsman
Elementalist: Weaponsmith & Artificer

Although that's if we do individual crafting. If we do Guild crafting it could well go another way.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

It would be ideal that we split up the crafting professions between the ones who would like to be crafting for the guild, such as myself. I might be leveling two characters. One will be when I play with Z and the other would be when she is not around. Soo I might be able take on 4 crafting professions.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Classes resume for me on the 5th, so I'll likely only be leveling one character for the foreseeable future.

That said, if we all just put a common supply of materials into storage we can power-level a few of us very quickly and then those people can supply everyone else with gear. Unless some of the stuff you can make with food is a lot better than what I've seen so far, I don't imagine we'll be needing a cook, but I suppose we can still stockpile stuff for people that want to do that.

Also, I'm not saying that this will prevent people from doing all the crafts. Eventually I intend to have all my characters have maxed crafting professions, I'm just saying that at the start this is probably a very efficient way of doing it.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

I will have a tome, and guild stash sounds good.

So does the guild crafters idea. My plan is for my primary to be weaponsmith/huntsman, but I will be happy to focus on only one of those to start, to maximize crafts-levelling/material usage.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 09-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

So Upgrades & Monthlies now.

Some people were complaining about WvW part of the monthly Achievements. So, I was thinking, if we get Art of War I (500), Politics III (5,000) we can then get +10% Influence PvP (100), +10% Influence Events (200) and then have a Guild Weekend of romping around through WvW.

We can group up to get people their monthly Achievements and hopefully rack up a pile of influence in the process. We might be able to get 2 of those 24 hour things and make it so it lasts the entire weekend, but even if it doesn't 24 hours should be plenty. This would be for October though.

If other people need the WvW kills we can group up and do that for September, but this coordinated upgrade thing would likely be for October.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post

Some people were complaining about WvW part of the monthly Achievements. So, I was thinking, if we get Art of War I (500), Politics III (5,000) we can then get +10% Influence PvP (100), +10% Influence Events (200) and then have a Guild Weekend of romping around through WvW.

We can group up to get people their monthly Achievements and hopefully rack up a pile of influence in the process. We might be able to get 2 of those 24 hour things and make it so it lasts the entire weekend, but even if it doesn't 24 hours should be plenty. This would be for October though.

If other people need the WvW kills we can group up and do that for September, but this coordinated upgrade thing would likely be for October.
Sounds good, I will second this - would be fun to play WvW with guildies (went in for a bit last night, late, no queue, but we were getting stomped and lost our keep).

As for crafting, it turns out that I haven't really leveled Huntsman too much yet due to lack of trophies (though I am planning on working on this), but I have maxed out Weaponsmithing, and am close to maxing out Jeweler and Chef (375+ in both). I have lots of spare food buffs and accessories/rings/earrings of various levels if anyone is interested- PM me in game.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 09-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post

I think WvW would be much more enjoyable if there were at least a few trusted folks to run around with other than the zerglag fests that i have jumped into so far.

But hey...I did that on my own, which is, you know, HUGE growth from someone who usually avoids pvp at all costs.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 09-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

Well, Guild Vault is well underway...although it takes a week+ so it's still likely got a few days. No idea what we're going to do with the storage space, I could suggest leaving extra crafting matrials in there for other people, but they could just as easily sell those for their own personal profit.

Not that entirely matters, we could just stick junk in there or whatever. If anyone's got any constructive ideas for the space, well, say so and we can consider it.

Art of War I is done and Stormy also queued up Guild Armourer so you can wander around with our crest on your chest, or buy guild backpacks (I think they're 5 gold each), but they offer some nice stat bonuses and they've got an upgrade slot.

Right now I think we're saying up 5,000 influence for Politics III. Once that's done we can get the PvP & Event +10% influence and then take a whirl through WvW. Probably won't be done this weekend, and perhaps an outside chance for next weekend. I would think that we'd have it by October though.

Once that's done I'll probably take on the Asuran Lab so we could research 3 upgrades at the same time so we can start cranking out banners and 24-hour upgrades and the like.

Is there any interest in Guild Weaponsmith, or anything else, really?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 AM
Elder

123seem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 123seem

the only reason i can see for a guild weaponsmith is for the people running with sheilds. not because i play warrior but because it would be very small on most weapons ( the guild logo )so i vote no. the asura lab is a good idea , bonuses are nice and Queing 3 at a time should we need it is just smart play.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

I've done some more research into it and it looks like the Asuran Lab is a one shot deal. So you spend the extra 200 influence and day or whatever it is and then they'll research one (and one only) extra upgrade for us, so it's probably not that worthwhile, unless there are three upgrades we need at once.

Like, right now, we've got +10% Event Influence & +10% PvP Influence. They last for 24 hours and take 24 hours to research, so if we want to we can activate it on say Friday evening, research a new set which will be done Saturday night, then fire off those and queue up a new set for Sunday, etc. If we wanted to do that, but also have a third item going, that's when we'd get the Lab...otherwise it's not really needed.

We pretty much have all the permanent upgrades (except for the level up stuff), the only one we're missing is the Deep Cave, but we'd need 30,000 influence to get that.

I think the only other stuff we could use would be limited duration stuff like +10% Magic Find for 3 days or Banners. +20% Dungeon Influence would be nice, but we'd need Politics IV for that (10,000 Influence).

The other option is to start upgrading the Art of War stuff which gives bonuses within Fortifications we hold (there's an option to go and claim something for the Guild, I think anyone can do it) in WvW for 12 hours...but I don't think we WvW enough for that sort of stuff.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Youngling

nepasterse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Guild Upgrades Crafting

If donations gave you everything on the list, how would the guild replenish items sold? With more donations?
Old 11-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepasterse View Post
If donations gave you everything on the list, how would the guild replenish items sold? With more donations?
Pretty much. I mean, you bumped a 5 year old thread, and we've pretty much got all the upgrades we need/want, so that's kinda weird, but yeah, people put items into a treasury and then we use those items to get the upgrades we want. You can only donate items that are relevant to upgrades, so you can't accidentally waste items by donating them.