art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): nartnoahc,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 05-20-2011, 08:06 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

Finally have a profession for my charr. Charrgineer!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking either Elementalist for Charr, perhaps Necro, although that might go to an Asura. Either way, they're like 6 or 7th down the list, with like 8th being the Engineer. I think I'll go for all the other classes first.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Bryan Blaire has disabled reputation

Wonder if a Sylvari Thief would be too weird.

Gil says that someone actually is writing a Mass Effect/Guild Wars cross-over fanfic. Yay tentacle headed, boobed mono-gendered species in Tyria.

There's truth in your lies, doubt in your faith, what you've built you lay to waste...

Great Bumper-sticker: Stop Repeat Offenders - Quit Re-electing your Congressmen and Senators
Old 08-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, not weird. Despite the fact that they creep me the hell out, I like the idea of a Sylvari Engineer. I was playing with someone during the beta and you knew when he showed up because you'd just hear explosions getting louder and louder. Gotta love a tree-hippie that loves blowing stuff up.

I'm going to be starting with 5 characters although I think my main will be human guardian. I'll likely also be going with a Mesmer, Thief, Elementalist & Ranger. The first 3 also human, the last an Asura.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

I changed my mind on what I will be playing to start.

Necromancer: Human
Guardian: Norn
Warrior: Charr
Ranger: Asura
Elementalist: Sylvari

Then possibly Thief: Asura
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Oh, one other thing to consider: jumping puzzles are quite a bit more difficult with Charr & Norn, than the other races. If you're interested in doing jumping puzzles, you might want to do it on a human, sylvari or asura.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

I am thinking of making a elementalist sylvari
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Elder

I want to remind people that we are choosing Yak's Bend as our home server.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Good idea. I edited the guild announcement on GW1 to say the same thing...really should have thought of that earlier.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

I'm going to create 5 toons at first though I will concentrate on my primary in game play and just use the others for crafting/muling to start.

Primary: Charr Ranger
others: Human Ele
Norn Guardian
Asura Engineer
Sylvari Thief

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 08-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

So far I have had some kind of event for all of the beta weekends.

How is the crafting system (for someone who has never found a tolerable crafting system)?

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 08-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm... I was sure I'd posted here what I intended to play, but apparently not.

Main: Human Guardian, Armorsmith/weaponsmith
Secondary: Sylvari Elementalist, Tailor/artificer
Third: Char Ranger(?), Leatherworker/huntsman

Mule: Norn or Asura Necro, Chef/Jeweler

*goes sulk about there being no monk*

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

The Guardian is pretty much a monk with heavy armour & a great sword. It's what I'll be starting with.

Ivhon, the crafting system is pretty easy. For example, let's talk armour. There are 6 or 7 mods, each one deals with a specific stat or stat combination (as you level up). Each of these is tied to an item, claws (precision), scales (toughness), blood (power), venom sacs (condition damage), fangs (critical damage), totems (healing power) & bones (condition damage). You combine these with some bolts of cloth to make the insignia. You then make a coat lining (1 bolt of cloth) & a coat section (several bolts of cloth & some leather) and combine that with the insignia to make the actual armour piece.

The cloth, leather & crafting materals are usually all drops. For the weapons it's very similar save that the wood & metals used are all farmed from nodes. These nodes exist in the same place for everyone, but everyone can use them. For instance you can walk up to mine it and then it's all gone for you. Then Stormy can walk up and mine it, then it's gone for him, but it's still there for Bryan, Gil & myself to access. No one can camp the nodes to deny it to other people. You harvest wood logs and then turn those into wooden planks. Wooden planks become wooden dowels which are then combined with the other mats, (claws & scales, etc) to make inscriptions which are combined with, say a sword hilt & a sword blade to make a sword.

The crafting items, scales, blood, etc, all come in tiers. Tier 1 is tiny, tier 2 is small, etc. Tier 6 is the max.

Cooking is different. I haven't experimented too much with it, but it's listed as an advanced crafting skill.

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 08-24-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
The Guardian is pretty much a monk with heavy armour & a great sword. It's what I'll be starting with.

Ivhon, the crafting system is pretty easy. For example, let's talk armour. There are 6 or 7 mods, each one deals with a specific stat or stat combination (as you level up). Each of these is tied to an item, claws (precision), scales (toughness), blood (power), venom sacs (condition damage), fangs (critical damage), totems (healing power) & bones (condition damage). You combine these with some bolts of cloth to make the insignia. You then make a coat lining (1 bolt of cloth) & a coat section (several bolts of cloth & some leather) and combine that with the insignia to make the actual armour piece.

The cloth, leather & crafting materals are usually all drops. For the weapons it's very similar save that the wood & metals used are all farmed from nodes. These nodes exist in the same place for everyone, but everyone can use them. For instance you can walk up to mine it and then it's all gone for you. Then Stormy can walk up and mine it, then it's gone for him, but it's still there for Bryan, Gil & myself to access. No one can camp the nodes to deny it to other people. You harvest wood logs and then turn those into wooden planks. Wooden planks become wooden dowels which are then combined with the other mats, (claws & scales, etc) to make inscriptions which are combined with, say a sword hilt & a sword blade to make a sword.

The crafting items, scales, blood, etc, all come in tiers. Tier 1 is tiny, tier 2 is small, etc. Tier 6 is the max.

Cooking is different. I haven't experimented too much with it, but it's listed as an advanced crafting skill.
That's good to know, I've never played in a game with crafting and didn't really look into it during the bwe's or research whatever is on the wiki so far.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon