art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): uausnaughbroo,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/08 - 09/09
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future
Default your good thoughts and prayers please..

I don't usually do this much, but maybe you'll forgive me.

A very close friend of mine was admitted to hospital yesterday, in premature labour (24 weeks), and in a bad state, health wise.
Her bloodpressure went up to astronomical heights, and she lost her sight temporarily, and her little boys heartrate dropped so dangerously low that after several hours of trying to stop the labour, the doctors decided that they would both have a better chance of survival if they perfomed an emergency c-section.
Rhys was delivered in the evening, weighing just 1lb 6oz, and he was not expected to make it through the night, even on a ventilator and several drips to try to get his circulation going.
At around 2 am he was put in his mothers arms after his heartrate dropped to just 20 beats a minute, and the doctor told her that she should prepare herself to say goodbye to him, as he was unlikely to survive the next few hours.
My friend held him for several hours, talking and singing to him. The contact must have been amazing, because his HR went up to around 50 beats. A little while later it dipped again, but it seems to have now settled at 55.
They are now saying he might have a chance, it looks like he's a born fighter, and a true little miracle, as my friend was told she was infertile after a spot of messed up surgery.

Please send good thoughts and prayers this way.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

I will. Stay strong little Rhys!

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit, Ana, you made me cry. Poor kiddo. I'll add him to my prayers.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 03-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
Dammit, Ana, you made me cry. Poor kiddo. I'll add him to my prayers.
sorry gil. I cried a bucket when her boyfriend texted me this morning with the update on their little boy.
I really have everything crossed for the three, I think they need all the good thoughts and prayers they can get.
Will be going to see them later in the afternoon.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Wow, that is TINY. Also, he has a lovely name. I'll be thinking of them.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be pulling for him and for the family. Stay strong, indeed!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

my god, I have never seen such a tiny human being ever before. it's terrifying, and so very amazing.
they say he's pretty big for being so premature, which is a good thing, and he even managed a couple of cries..

edit: I got a piccie if anyone should be interested...
Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

He will be in my thoughts. Buck up, Boy...be strong!

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

DeiwosTheSkyGod is just really niceDeiwosTheSkyGod is just really niceDeiwosTheSkyGod is just really niceDeiwosTheSkyGod is just really niceDeiwosTheSkyGod is just really nice

Keeping my fingers crossed for him! Hope it turns out okay!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Ancient

pops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to pops taer
Default Anything for my Lady Anaiya...

Rhys has already been in our prayers in an around-about way. We have friends here that have a grandchild in a similar situation. Not quite as small but very tiny. Our prayers will continue for Rhys and family and for my Lady and 'bump.'

Officially adoptive Theoryland father of Birgitte, Cary Fairy, Sarafelle, leanne, Salem, Paige from New Mexico and J'Lo.

Lord but not Master to - Lady tanaww, Lady Tru, Lady Anaiya, Lady Aly, Lady Ishara, Lady Teri, Lady Jen and Lady Gina.

You can never do something again. You are only able to do something similar.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

yeah, 24 weeks is really tiny. I do know the border nowadays is around 25/ 24 weeks.
It's good to hear that they encourage contact with the mother nowadays. When I was born they didn't do that.
I am sure that will help a lot. Keep us updated.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

I'll be sending all the good vibes I can their way.
First-sister to Nazbaque, Great Lord of the Flame
Near-sister to Terez, Quotemistress
Lady of Chaos, official member of LoC, Big-sis to Rand & Myr...Woohoo!
Un-official adopted daughter of Pops'Taer, a.k.a. Cary'Taer
Cary Sedai, The first ever, Fairy of the TCA
Old 03-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

good thoughts

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 03-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

thanks guys, I've passed it all on.
likkle rhys has somewhat stabilised and seems to be doing well, considering the circumstances. next few days will tell.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Elder

Sarafelle will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Sarafelle
Default For Rhys...

Thinking about your friends and their little one. Prayers and good thoughts their way!!

BONDED TO BANE DARKWULF

Near-Sister to Birgitte
Unoffical Adopted Daughter of Pops Taer- Sara'Taer
Princess of the TCA
Official Adopted Sister to Purple Dragon
Old 03-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Anaiya: It will be weeks before you can say anything for sure.
Rhys will be very susceptible for illness and infection.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

I know, but at least his heart seems to be working a little better now.
Even being as close to my friend as I am, I can't imaging what it must be like to see your child like that..
Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Elder

123seem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 123seem

I hope that everything goes well for your friend and her family. Actually well wishes all around too.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

jason wolfbrother has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jason wolfbrother Send a message via MSN to jason wolfbrother Send a message via Yahoo to jason wolfbrother

In my prayers. Good thoughts all around Anaiya. Keep us posted on how Rhys is doing

Wash:"Things are about to get interesting"
Mal:"Define interesting..."
Wash:"Oh God! Oh God! We're all gonna die!?"

"If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space"
Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Elder

greatwolf will become famous soon enoughgreatwolf will become famous soon enough

do hope he makes it.