art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Youngling

Lost One is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have have the same thought..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalyn View Post
It's possible that we live in an age where the Dragon turned and The Lord of the Morning became a champion of the DO. It's also possible that the stories have merely become so incredibly corrupted that we no longer understand that The Lord of the Morning really was the champion of the light.

Although, given my personal little hope that Ishy is a former "dragon" that turned, this gives me a bit to think about. Thanks, Lost One.

(Regarding the world ending and the loss of the last book, I've decided that this is inevitable...
Around CoS coming out, I hooked my dad on the series. Once he was well and truly into it, he asked me "when does it end?"
I said, "Well, RJ says three books. RJ has been saying three more books since TGH."
My father then decided to tell me that either he was going to die before the series ended, in which case he'd haunt me or the author was going to die without finishing it, in which case he'd kill me.
You get where this is going... I've decided that the world will obviously end on the 21st just to make my father's prophecy of not being able to finish the series true. I keep telling him that the book is written and it WILL be in a library in heaven...
Also, thank you Brandon Sanderson for saving my life.)
I have had the same thoughts.. the same feeling of doom.. that the world will end before the final book comes out. I mean it basically IS about the end of the world, and here we have prophecies about the end of the world being eminent.. (I love my relatives, but if I hear about the end times, the apocalypse, rapture, ect one more time, I think I will scream)as well as us effing up the place with global warming..ect).. To a cynical person like me.. it makes sense..lol. Which sucks, because I REALLY want to read this book. On the other hand, I did not consider a library in Heaven
Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Ancient

Jalyn is a glorious beacon of lightJalyn is a glorious beacon of lightJalyn is a glorious beacon of lightJalyn is a glorious beacon of lightJalyn is a glorious beacon of lightJalyn is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Jalyn Send a message via MSN to Jalyn Send a message via Yahoo to Jalyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttree View Post
We know Rands soul is the creators champion and that him and Ishy are linked/often spun out together a la Birgitte/Gaidal. When you say Ishy was the creators champion are you suggesting they switch place occasionally?
It's been so long that I don't remember any of the evidence or specifically what the theory was, but no, I believe my thought process was that if the lights champion falls to the DO, he/she stays a fallen champion and someone else is raised as the champion of the light. In other words, Ishy was the champion of the light, figured out that this whole thing just royally sucked and changed sides (probably in a 2nd age.) Someone seals the bore or does whatever they do to lock the DO away for an age and than that person (the dragon soul) is pulled back to be the light's champion in the 3rd age, Ishy finds himself tied in as the DO's champion.

I didn't say that it made a lot of sense, but I rather like it. It allows for change in circular system. It also parallels the fact that Lucifer was the brightest of angels before he fell.

LO, with my dad, the joke ends with "yep, so neither of us will get to read it." Of course, Hell probably has the book, with everything from the last battle on ripped out and unavailable.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:40 AM
Youngling

boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sort of assumed it was a given that the Dragon in this age was Jesus.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy View Post
Sort of assumed it was a given that the Dragon in this age was Jesus.
Why not Spartacus, Galileo Galilei, or, for that matter, Justin Bieber?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Youngling

hippie-joe will become famous soon enoughhippie-joe will become famous soon enough

the idea that the ability to channel is in any way connected to the soul has been proven false. consider this, ishamael could channel but moridin cannot. same soul, different body.
i don't have the passage handy but i do recall moridin thinking of the irony of not being able to channel anything but the true power after the DO transfered him over.

on another note there is evidence that souls are gender specific, aran'gar for example was still a man yet in a beautiful womans body. the body had the ability but because the soul was male he she used saidin.

there are too few new ideas out there. most are just reworded, evolved or used in a different context than the original...
Old 01-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie-joe View Post
i don't have the passage handy but i do recall moridin thinking of the irony of not being able to channel anything but the true power after the DO transfered him over.
Now that is a prime example of a claim I won't accept unless you (or someone, at least) can actually produce a relevant quote.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Youngling

hippie-joe will become famous soon enoughhippie-joe will become famous soon enough

while i may be wrong about this i feel that i remember something very close to what i previously mentioned. through further investigation i can not find it however i did find this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar Valon Library
Little is known about Moridin's abilities with the One Power since witnesses have only observed him using the True Source. We do know that that power comes directly from the Dark One, and that its use has heavy, if unspecified, consequences. He has been observed to have saa in his eyes. These small moving black specks can be seen floating through his eyes, especially when he is actually touching the True Source.
we only ever see him use the true power and never the one power.

there are too few new ideas out there. most are just reworded, evolved or used in a different context than the original...

Last edited by hippie-joe; 01-29-2013 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie-joe View Post
we only ever see him use the true power and never the one power.
But that may be because he was eager to become a Ba'alzamon look-a-like again.

The fact that he didn't use the less addictive saidin does not prove that he couldn't have.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
But that may be because he was eager to become a Ba'alzamon look-a-like again.

The fact that he didn't use the less addictive saidin does not prove that he couldn't have.
yeah i know...

i'm still sure i read it some where how he couldn't