art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default 4th Age Podcast and Yours Truly

A month or so ago I was invited to participate in Dragonmount's 4th Age Podcast. The topic? Verin. While I flub one or two thoughts and stumble over my words at the beginning...that's live podcasting for you...it was a great time and actually stretched to around three hours.

By the way - I realized I suck at marketing Theoryland...like wtf. I need to practice a more concise and inviting way to encourage people to check us out...because as it went I was like we are freaky and we can be uninviting and we like to kill ideas...heh.

You may not learn anything new, but I came out with a long list of questions that I should have asked Brandon about Verin and never did. So, go listen already (Episodes 73 and 74.)

http://www.dragonmount.com/Podcast/
Old 07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Listening to it now Won't listen to it all, but fun so far.

About Verin and Lanfear: it is really to bad that we can't ask RJ any more about why he answered 'No' to if Verin and Lanfear were ever in contact.
From what I remember from Dragon Con is that RJ answered that question quit quickly.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default I asked him a poorly constructed question

"have contact" was a stupid way to phrase it. When I had Brandon to listen to that answer, he smiled and then made one of those, "I'm always impressed with RJ's ability to speak around the truth" or something like that. That doesn't mean anything, but it gives me hope.

But more so - there are many questions that have not been answered and it would help to come up with a Verin Question List.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future
Default Verin's manipulation of Salidar Aes Sedai Embassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
"have contact" was a stupid way to phrase it. When I had Brandon to listen to that answer, he smiled and then made one of those, "I'm always impressed with RJ's ability to speak around the truth" or something like that.
Laugh, you might say the way Brandon spoke around his own 'slip of the mouth' to you, regarding Lanfear and Cyndane differing saidar strength levels is right up there with RJ's.

It's not like either author has an incentive to confirm reveal major mysteries, unless its within a book for sale. Ongoing mysteries and questions in a readers minds help sell books.

Quote:
But more so - there are many questions that have not been answered and it would help to come up with a Verin Question List.
How about this, do you recall, Merana's point of view noticing that Verin manipulated the Salidar Aes Sedai Embassy into challenging Rand in Caemyln? Well, who was Verin watching like a curious bird after everything occurred? Kiruna Nachiman.

Who did Beldeine Nyram look up while under Verin's Compulsion? Kiruna Nachiman.

Notice when Verin's manipulation of the Salidar Aes Sedai and the attack upon Demira occurred? After Kiruna Nachiman arrived.

Kiruna Nachiman and Bera Harkin were suppose to go to the Aiel Waste to find Rand. Recall who help pick these two Aes Sedai to go in the first place? Sheriam, who's the top Black Ajah in Salidar. Do you really think Sheriam would not plant a B.A. in every party attempting to find Rand?

One might suspect Bera Harkin, however Min said she is in Rand's Hand and that she is loyal to her Oath to him. Kiruna Nachiman on the other hand lacks this foretelling of trust towards Rand.

Verin's letter to Rand in KoD Book, implies directly that there are more than 2 Black Ajah sister near Rand. Elza is one, but who is the other? Fera likely is not the B.A. in question, because she's in Cairhien not near Rand. Nor is Fera trusted by Rand in KoD, as she's still with the Wise Ones. Kiruna Nachiman, though is near Rand now.

Quote:
By the way - I realized I suck at marketing Theoryland...like wtf. I need to practice a more concise and inviting way to encourage people to check us out...because as it went I was like we are freaky and we can be uninviting and we like to kill ideas...heh.
Dragonmount basically is crashing once a week recently. So a bit of targeted marketing would help increase the activity around here.

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com

Last edited by FelixPax; 07-21-2010 at 12:59 AM.