art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 11-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy
Default Another Great Hunt

So... 30 minutes ago, Brandon Sanderson posted "Wheel of time fans. Big news for you. We are going to do a great hunt this tour. Details to come on my website soon."

nothing on the website yet.

He also posted, "I will give out the first Great Hunt Code at the midnight release tonight. I will tweet how you can get it soon."

UPDATE

Great Hunt 2011 code-entry page
Great Hunt blog post
Go to the new WOTGH page to keep up with open clues and solved clues.
Decoding Project (the excerpt from RJ's notes about Cadsuane)

CODE LIST

1. FORSAKEN EVENTS
2. TREES BY COUNTRY
3. WILD HUNT, THE
4. AFTER HAWKWING
5. FORCED-LINKING-STUDIES
6. THIEF NAMES
7. WORDS USED WITH THE ONE POWER
8. PERRIN RAMBLE
9. WHAT ARE THEY UP TO
12. SCENES FOR REVIEW AND MINING
13. ???
14. ???
15. ???
16. ???
18. DAYS SINCE - EXPANDED
19. ???
20. SITUATIONS IN VARIOUS LANDS
21. FURYK KAREDE NOTES BK10
22. AIEL (NON-SHAIDO) BASE NOTES
23. Q1_QUESTIONS FOR ALAN
24. THREAT, GENERAL ANALYSIS OF - BK 10
25. DEAD MAIDENS RAND REMEMBERS
26. VALAN LUCA'S CIRCUS
27. INSECTS CATERPILLARS WORMS ETC BK10
28. ???
29. GUNPOWDER
30. ???
31. AES SEDAI - INDIVIDUAL
32. 1-NOBLE HOUSE BY NATION
33. ???
34. PROMPT2.Z
35. RUMORS.BK5
COS-CHECK,01.BK7-???
LONG DAY BY DAY, BK9, IN CONVERSION-???

Summary:
Total, known codes entered: 24
Total, unknown codes entered: 8
Total, codes to be entered: 3
Total, codes: 35

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram

Last edited by WinespringBrother; 12-22-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: code 30 entered
Old 11-08-2011, 02:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

He said anyone at his signing tonight should guess a WoT character who will get their first POV in AMOL. I told people to guess Taim or Logain since they're the most likely, but I wonder if he meant 'only the one I happen to be thinking of'.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Youngling

TyranAmiros is an unknown quantity at this point

The site seems to be up and maybe even working already:http://brandonsanderson.com/thegreathunt
Old 11-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
He also posted, "I will give out the first Great Hunt Code at the midnight release tonight. I will tweet how you can get it soon."
What timezone? Also, are you guys still on DST or not?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
He said anyone at his signing tonight should guess a WoT character who will get their first POV in AMOL. I told people to guess Taim or Logain since they're the most likely, but I wonder if he meant 'only the one I happen to be thinking of'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon on Twitter
It has been guessed. The character with a viewpoint for the first time in AMOL is Tam.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

It's looking like the clues are something about Brandon's books...but the criteria for the clues are WoT-related things. Assuming he sticks to the same criteria-type things. He wasn't exactly consistent on it last time, but he might have a plan this time.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Any reason those two are the most likely other than that we expected a Black Tower scene/plot line in ToM and didn't get one?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post
Any reason those two are the most likely other than that we expected a Black Tower scene/plot line in ToM and didn't get one?
Because both seem to be set up for it. Certainly a lot of fans want to see a POV from one or the other, probably more than anyone else. We've had POVs from most important people. It could be that RJ was planning on never doing a Taim or Logain POV, though.

Peter said on Twitter that all the clues are WoT-related, so we need to keep up with them. How about this - I don't expect Frenzy to keep up with this, since it's a lot of work, so how about those of us who can just edit Frenzy's OP when necessary to keep a running tab of the clues? They need to be in the OP so that Brandon or whoever can link to it and people can see what all the clues are without reading the whole thread.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Okay, I thought I posted about this earlier, but apparently not. So that we can have a place to link people for all this info, I figured this thread would do, so I just added it to Frenzy's post. I hope that's okay - if not, I'll move it to another thread. But this way others can help.

eta: it's good --Frenzy

Last edited by Frenzy; 11-09-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
eta: it's good --Frenzy
Awesome. I just added a bunch of info, mostly from Peter's tweets. Still waiting to hear back from this dude who supposedly got the code. He's coming across a bit jerkish at the moment.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Suggestion: should this thread be stickied?
Old 11-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Brandon has updated his blog with a post about The Great Hunt, including the reveal, which looks AWESOME!!!

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog...derson+Blog%29

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Youngling

mccullough is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Awesome. I just added a bunch of info, mostly from Peter's tweets. Still waiting to hear back from this dude who supposedly got the code. He's coming across a bit jerkish at the moment.
Hey Terez. You probably don't remember me, but we met last year in Provo, if I recall correctly. It was a really quick introduction.
That's not why I'm posting, though. I happened to be standing in line behind the guy that guessed Tam the other night and I got a picture of the clue. What will be the best way to get it to you? It's on my phone, and it's pretty easy for me to upload to facebook, but let me know.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullough View Post
Hey Terez. You probably don't remember me, but we met last year in Provo, if I recall correctly. It was a really quick introduction.
That's not why I'm posting, though. I happened to be standing in line behind the guy that guessed Tam the other night and I got a picture of the clue. What will be the best way to get it to you? It's on my phone, and it's pretty easy for me to upload to facebook, but let me know.
If you could post it here for everyone, that would be awesome. I've never been to Provo though!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Youngling

Quote:
If you could post it here for everyone, that would be awesome. I've never been to Provo though!
You bet. The code is FORSAKEN EVENTS.

Hmm, I met a site admin. I thought it was you. Guess not.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccullough View Post
You bet. The code is FORSAKEN EVENTS.

Hmm, I met a site admin. I thought it was you. Guess not.
Well, it might have been Frenzy, though I think she had attended. Maybe it was Jenn from Dragonmount; I'm pretty sure she was there. Anyway, thanks so much for saving the first code for us!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Youngling

Default Index for Robert Jordan's notes?

I'm wondering if based on Brandon's tweet that he did not 'write' the codes if the codes are sections of Jordan's notes. Topic headers, maybe, or something similar.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah, that was my thought. I will brainstorm some more later; for now I have to attend a GA.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Hero of the Horn

Someone found Brandon at the airport - the second code is TREES BY COUNTRY. I'll update the details in a little bit with tweets.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Youngling

The Angry Druid is just really niceThe Angry Druid is just really niceThe Angry Druid is just really niceThe Angry Druid is just really niceThe Angry Druid is just really niceThe Angry Druid is just really nice

Excited. This is getting my back into fantasy mode.

My enthusiasm took a bit of a hit with no BT plotline in ToM (and other issues), and then Martin's Dance with Dragons.

Hoping 2012 will be much better. And I'm certain it will be.

I'm thinking the guess about the clues being Jordan's (or Harriet's, or BS's) section titles for notes is on the money.

Forsaken Events
Tress by Country.

Show us the breadth and scope of events RJ kept notes on. From the large impactful doing of the Forsaken, to the close up world detail of the types of trees in each nation.

I'd expect the others to be somewhere in-between.

List of Darkfriends. AS/WF/Aiel/Damane and Asha'man OP strength lists. Cities and towns by country. Known blademasters. Lists of Ter'angreal and their forms and functions. List of angreal and sa'angreal and their forms. How were AS raised in the AOL.

Anything. Of course, we aren't going to get a list of DF's before the final book comes out, but Verin's was a good start.

Tags
wotgh