art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (3): imichelinirandy, legavulaprinc, schwassfore,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
Would that be this thread?

Searching on Yuku seems to be broken now But I found this thread mentioning Siuan, via google:

http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/3386
no, actually this one
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 05-09-2012, 04:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Are we certain that Berelain walks in the Light?
How about Aludra?
I know! Olver is a darkfriend!

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 05-09-2012, 06:05 AM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

I've always suspected one of the Sisters once with Mat (the whole weighing two Sisters thing, which has likely been done with Verin/Mo) and at least one of the Sisters with Perrin (via Shiny Dragon "Man" theory), although I have not thought on these two pets for a while.
I love the concept of Sorilea as DF (BS was a little too quick on the uptake with my qs on that one, lol). Dobraine I have also favoured, simply because he's so... dependable.

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, Dobraine was nearly killed by Darkfriends looking for the Seals...that would be one hell of a way for him to prove his loyalty. He shouldn't have survived that attack.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Elder

Landro is just really niceLandro is just really niceLandro is just really niceLandro is just really niceLandro is just really niceLandro is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Of course, Dobraine was nearly killed by Darkfriends looking for the Seals...that would be one hell of a way for him to prove his loyalty. He shouldn't have survived that attack.
I agree. Dobraine walks in the light
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 PM
Youngling

Lost One is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who could it be..

I think it might be one of the non-allied AS that were with Perrin or Cadsuane, those withe borderlanders are not really named. I would not even list them as tertiary/third-tier. But when they get to Merrilor, they will all be pulled aside and re-sworn. I might guess Alanna, but too easy.

What about Timolin? Or is he not a high enough ranked character?

I might guess Elyas because his AS found out, but the wolves would have torn him apart.

Hope it is not Dobrain

What about Balwer? Deals in secrets, worms his way close to leaders, offers advice to them.. kept wanting Perrin to focus on the Children of Light.. Why. Because he was pissed at valda or.. maybe some Dark Prophecy indicates the CoL will be instrumental at TG. YEP I am going with Balwer
Old 12-16-2012, 05:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost One View Post
What about Balwer? Deals in secrets, worms his way close to leaders, offers advice to them.. kept wanting Perrin to focus on the Children of Light.. Why. Because he was pissed at valda or.. maybe some Dark Prophecy indicates the CoL will be instrumental at TG. YEP I am going with Balwer
If it had been Balwer, then he would have eaten Perrin long since. And perhaps killed him too, somewhere in the process.

I don't think that Dark Balwer would be all that much nicer than Padan Fain, he would be smarter and consequently almost certainly a lot more effective.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:13 AM
ReadandFindOut.com

Dom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
If it had been Balwer, then he would have eaten Perrin long since. And perhaps killed him too, somewhere in the process.
I agree on Balwer.

And given all the efforts put on killing Perrin and Mat, you'd think if the Shadow had an agent in either's inner circle, they would have used it by now.

It's especially true for the AS. Moridin seems to know or have a way to identify the BA.

There's also the fact the Borderlanders's thirteen, the sisters with Perrin, Cadsuane's group are all a Merrilor. Egwene won't lose much time before she's got them all tested with the Oath Rod. It's a bit pointless to have unrevealed BA in that lot, unless we're about to learn one or more of those sisters have suddenly vanished.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

1. Sorilea
2. Masuri
3. Would be surprised if anyone above those two in importance is a Darkfriend.

Annoura is another possibility but I can't make up my mind about her for some reason.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Youngling

Lost One is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Asalam

What abot him?

1. He is a new Character
2. As king, he would be someone of importance, especially with all the effort in finding him
3. Iturade will do whatever he says.

However, this does not work as he has been subjected to Rand-o-vision
Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost One View Post
What abot him?

1. He is a new Character
2. As king, he would be someone of importance, especially with all the effort in finding him
3. Iturade will do whatever he says.

However, this does not work as he has been subjected to Rand-o-vision
Rand-o-vision doesn't work the way you think it does. It is neither a new power, nor an infallible detector of Darkfriends.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Youngling

frenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud of

Evidence points towards Alsalam not being a Darkfriend . Graendal doesn't use Darkfriends as her pets, and when Sammael commented that he was surprised Alsalam wasn't within her pets, she dismissed the suggestion, as she only used the finest looking, and he wasn't up to her standards.

Galad: Not the face!

Gawyn: Yes, the face.

Last edited by frenchie; 12-17-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Youngling

Mimi is an unknown quantity at this point

What about Faile?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 PM
ReadandFindOut.com

Dom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
What about Faile?
Faile had POVs proving she's not a Darkfriend.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
ReadandFindOut.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
2. Masuri

Annoura is another possibility but I can't make up my mind about her for some reason.
Because of the dealings with Masema?

It's about something else than them being DF, I think.

It relates to the whole matter of whether Rand's orders regarding Masema should or shouldn't be obeyed.

Annoura participated to that jointed WO-AS initiative in Berelain's back. Annoura thus placed other interests before Mayene's, as Berelain is convinced her interests lay in her service to the Dragon Reborn. Berelain probably didn't get a straight answer from Annoura, or got one of those "WT business" ones. Berelain can be very Paendrag at times. She seems to have seen this as a betrayal, and she's given the cold shoulder to Annoura since. Those two seemed fairly close, with Annoura having been before a loyal accomplice in Berelain's schemes. With her dealings in Berelain's back, Annoura ruined it.

It's still ongoing, Brandon referred to it again. We'll probably see before the end why it's relevant that Berelain distrusts Annoura now, and possibly this changed her favorable views on Aes Sedai in general. This has Hawkwing-ish overtones.

RJ set up a few things with Berelain that have not really played out yet.

*shrugs*. Now that they've "returned to civilization" and the WT leaders are close, perhaps Berelain will officially dismiss Annoura and tell the Tower she refuses to have another advisor. Berelain is throwing her lot with Rand, that's almost for certain. I guess it's well to remember that another thing RJ set up mid-series is that Egwene and Berelain really don't like each other much.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Because of the dealings with Masema?
Yes, and mostly because we know that whoever was causing the visions was female. But also for some other reasons. Masuri's great knowledge of Darkhounds, for example.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 PM
ReadandFindOut.com

Quote:
Yes, and mostly because we know that whoever was causing the visions was female. But also for some other reasons. Masuri's great knowledge of Darkhounds, for example.
Everything points to the visions having come from Cyndane/Lanfear, though - from how it originally began in TDR (where it all began with dreams) to Graendal's reference that Cyndane and Moghedien were mustering DF for TG but also occasionally busy south trying to accomplish Moridin's orders (almost certainly a reference to Perrin/Mat).

Moghedien was the one Moridin kept using in Caemlyn - and she doesn't know Perrin and we know she's not looked into Rand early on, so it's probably Cyndane who made an attempt with Masema, after the attempt in Amadicia failed. She's most likely the one who manipulated his dreams before, so she knew how to operate.

The one who sent the visions had to know how to manipulate Masema. She pretty much had to be a skilled dreamwalker and possibly one with a Dreaming talent if that's required to enter other people's dreams.

It's also not like Moridin much to let go. If Annoura failed with Masema, she'd have gotten orders to try again and not fail this time. Annoura/Masuri were involved in fairly chaotic events, they had plenty of opportunities to deal with Perrin.

As for the DH, it's not so surprising knowledge from a Brown from the Borderlands, and if she's BA she didn't have Verin's excuse to find ways to pass information to the Light like that. There's Sheriam who passed some, but Sheriam is a known blabbermouth who talked way too much when she was upset (and both times she blabbered about Shadow stuff to the girls, she was quite upset).

I'll be surprised if one of Perrin's three is BA. They've not been used much by RJ (like most of the other "hidden" BA were... Sheriam, Alviarin, Elza, Verin, Careane etc.) and coming to Merrilor they'd be about to be caught by Egwene if they're BA anyway. Egwene won't let an Aes Sedai advisor who's close to Perrin beside remain untested long. Cadsuane and her circle are others Egwene won't let long remain unproven.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. Sorilea
2. Masuri
3. Would be surprised if anyone above those two in importance is a Darkfriend.

Does Roedran count as a guess??

anyway, as some of you know, from probably my first days on this site i've been behind the idea that both Rhuarc and Berelain are darkfriends. I would love at least one of them to be....

Also, T, maybe this is inappropriate to ask but have you a copy of the book? I kinda assume you do and therefor i'm taking your suggestiins with a grain of salt!

Also,

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 12-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
Does Roedran count as a guess??
Nah, he's Demandred, which is different from being a random sleeper Darkfriend.

Quote:
Also, T, maybe this is inappropriate to ask but have you a copy of the book?
Not yet. If I get one early I will announce it. I won't continue to theorize.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah, he's Demandred, which is different from being a random sleeper Darkfriend.

Not yet. If I get one early I will announce it. I won't continue to theorize.
Class act as always T.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire