art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Trump is flailing tonight...really badly.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-09-2016, 10:11 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus Christ. Does this man not have any concern for civilian casualties? If we conducted that kind of attack on Mosul we would massacre civilians that are essentially hostages of ISIS. There's a reason why we have trouble with the Russians and the way the are conducting their operations.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
Jesus Christ. Does this man not have any concern for civilian casualties? If we conducted that kind of attack on Mosul we would massacre civilians that are essentially hostages of ISIS. There's a reason why we have trouble with the Russians and the way the are conducting their operations.
He couldn't even find Mosul on a map...

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 10-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
He couldn't even find Mosul on a map...
He'd look for it on a Taco Bell menu.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
He'd look for it on a Taco Bell menu.
He strikes me as a Del Taco type of guy...

Old 10-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Trump is now down 11 points in the latest polls and sinking fast. And apparently there's more damaging dirt out there to the point where he's making threats to "go personal" on more attacks of Clinton should those new tapes be released.

Also, Trump supporters are calling Paul Ryan a Democrat now. Seems like things are going well on the SS Trumptanic. Full speed ahead, right Donald?

Old 10-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trump is now down 11 points in the latest polls and sinking fast.
Thank the Lord.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 10-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Old 10-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
Yeah. But the issue is, it isn't politicians that are the problem as much as the system they inhabit. And even if they were, a moron like Trump isn't the solution.
Most of the people rabidly for Trump can't tell the difference between the system and the politicians...and if they can they believe that the system is fine, it's the people running in that are the problem.

They know that at some time in the past things were fine (they couldn't point to an exact time though) and life was good. Then the Politicians got involved and screwed everything up. America is great if they get someone into the White House that will stop serving minority and/or foreign interests, and just let America be America again.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Ancient

Ozymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to allOzymandias is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw2012 View Post
What Trump said is disgusting and disgraceful, and if he were smart he would pull out. But he won't, so it doesn't matter. That being said, it's interesting how much the liberal media, aka the media, is going after Trump for these comments, yet ignore all the accusations that have been made over the years against Bill Clinton for sexual harassment. Trump is disgusting, but if Clinton goes after him for that, it's fair game to go after her husband who she has stood by time and time again.
This has been replied to but I'll add my two cents

One, the allegations against Bill Clinton were most certainly NOT ignored. There was a Congressional investigation that was widely covered, which is far more serious. That his alleged crimes (and I for one think he did sexually assault a bunch of women) happened before the internet does not mean that less attention was paid to it, or it was considered less serious, but the internet is an echo chamber and all noise is louder now than 20 years ago.

Two, and this has been said so often, but lets repeat it:
Quote:
Bill Clinton is not a candidate for President
. He could murder someone tomorrow in cold blood and that would not make Hillary Clinton on whit more or less qualified to be POTUS. I think Hillary Clinton is a liar and a power hungry narcissist, in I would have voted for McCain or Romney over her, but she's eminently qualified for the job and understands, at the very least, the responsibilities, duties, and decorum of a President.

Third, and knowing you, this is a distinction that will not be understood, but the right wing conspiracy media has ignored a very important fact. Bill Clinton is an alleged rapist, and even beyond that conjecture, it is still only conjecture that Hillary had any part in hiding that or coercing his victims into silence. Even if you believe those allegations to be true, and believe that Hillary is complicit, there is still a massive difference between that and Trump's situation. Trump has admitted that he is a sexual predator, in his own words. That makes a world of difference. I'm a strong supporter of a woman's (or man's) right to be believed when s/he makes an accusation of unwanted contact with someone (though obviously burden of proof should rest in favor of the accused). But even that is just duty to give a hearing to, compared to a statement from an actual predator himself.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That his alleged crimes (and I for one think he did sexually assault a bunch of women) happened before the internet does not mean that less attention was paid to it, or it was considered less serious, but the internet is an echo chamber and all noise is louder now than 20 years ago.
All of the charges against him are tenuous. Paula Jones sued him for sexual harassment, not rape. How much truth there was to her allegation is ephemeral, but the fact that he paid her off to make her go away isn't evidence of guilt so much as an attempt to shut her up. She doesn't seem particularly credible, but that doesn't mean that her accusations were simply extortion (though this still seems what is really going on in all three of these cases). The Juanita Broaddrick thing, the actual rape allegation, is much older, from '78. She gave sworn testimony in '98 saying that nothing had happened, then in '99, changed her story again when talking to Ken Starr. She seems even less credible than Paula Jones. Kathleen Willey is another sexual assault accusation (groping), and again, even Ken Starr apparently didn't find her credible, and he was looking for any bs charges he could even remotely try to pin to Bill, so when even Ken Starr thought it was too transparently bs...

And let's be blunt, none of these allegations was what caused the impeachment, it was Monica Lewinsky. And while that was arguably perjury, it was also consensual. Bill came out the winner in all that nonsense for good reason, because all the allegations seemed like bs. Seemed that way then. Still seems that way now.

http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37612453

Last edited by Kimon; 10-12-2016 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Two women have now come forward saying Trump sexually assaulted them...per a New York Times report that just broke.

He, of course, denies the allegations and has threatened to sue.

Personally, I doubt the NY Time swould place itself in a situation that would leave them open for libel so I would imagine they vetted the story pretty well and feel that both women are credible enough for them to publish.

And it begins....

Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

A 3rd woman has come forward now...interesting.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Ancient

Quote:
A 3rd woman has come forward now...interesting.
From a marketing standpoint, he still might emerge from this circus disturbingly well. He and the Breitbart crowd do seem to be going scorched earth on FoxNews as well as all the establishment republicans, and positioning themselves to build a rival cable empire for the tin foil crowd.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Ancient

There are also stories coming out about his shenanigans at the Miss Teen USA pageants...

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...iverse-w444634

Quote:
Mariah Billado, Miss Teen Vermont 1997 told BuzzFeed, "I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, 'Oh my god, there's a man in here.'" Three other teenage contestants from the same year confirmed the story. The former pageant contestants discussed their memories of the incident after former Miss Arizona Tasha Dixon told Los Angeles' CBS affiliate that Trump entered the Miss USA dressing room in 2001 when she was a contestant.
"He just came strolling right in," Dixon said. "There was no second to put a robe on or any sort of clothing or anything. Some girls were topless. Others girls were naked. Our first introduction to him was when we were at the dress rehearsal and half-naked changing into our bikinis."
Dixon went on to say that employees of the Miss Universe Organization encouraged the contestants to lavish Trump with attention when he came in. "To have the owner come waltzing in, when we're naked, or half-naked, in a very physically vulnerable position and then to have the pressure of the people that worked for him telling us to go fawn all over him, go walk up to him, talk to him, get his attention..."
How did his Republican opponents fail to unearth this stuff?
Quote:
When he bought the Miss Universe pageant family, Trump told Stern in 2005, the pageant was "a sick puppy." The relative hotness of contestants had seriously deteriorated in the preceding years, he explained to Stern, because the judges had begun placing a greater emphasis on brains over beauty. "They had a person that was extremely proud that a number of the women had become doctors," Trump said. "And I wasn't interested."

Last edited by Kimon; 10-12-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Shows what utter amateurs they all are compaired to Team Clinton.

I mean, 90% of this crap isn't even well hidden. I mean, this is basic opposition research. Shows what an utter clown car the GOP was in the past year.

It also didn't help that they were so fractured and several of them (like Cruz for example) tried to use Trump to knock out the others not realizing he was the strongest candidate for their base of crazies.

But, on the other hand, it sure is hilarious to watch from the outside.

Old 10-13-2016, 12:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Quote:
But, on the other hand, it sure is hilarious to watch from the outside.
i don't want Drumpf to come in 2nd in this election, i want him to come in 3rd. Go Johnson!

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 10-13-2016, 09:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

Apparently we're up to 5 women including some People magazine reporter.

If the accusations are all BS, its pretty ballsy given how that opens them up to massive lawsuits and all.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out in the next week or so on how many others come forward and how much, if any, corroboration there is for the accusations.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Just goes to show you how many assaults are unreported, and how many offenders do simply get away with it.

Why? Because if a rich, powerful narcissistic grabbed me by the pussy- there is no way I would ruin my life by reporting it. Even though a pussy grab is clearly an assault and incredibly offensive, it pales in comparison to what the perpetrator, the justice system and social media would do to me afterwards.

And until that changes, very little will change.

ETA: the offender doesn't even need to be rich or powerful actually. It could be any loser with a sense of entitlement and the repercussions of reporting it would still pile misery on top of misery. In Canada (not sure about the US) the accuser must testify in court. That means cross examination, which means character annihilation. The accused does not need to testify. If they choose not to (which most do for obvious reasons) no other "dirt" can be brought up during cross examination to "discredit" the offender. So it really becomes a trial of the victim, and not of the accused. Jian Ghomeshi: case in point.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain

Last edited by Brita; 10-13-2016 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

I remember reading a study that said over 90% of rapes/sexual assaults went unreported overall.

How scary is that to think about?

On your other point, its basically SOP for any defense attorney to attack the victim and put the victim on trial in such cases. Clearly she was asking for it. Clearly she had it coming. I mean, look how she was dressed, look how she acted.

My wife went through a very very nasty sexual harrassment litigation against a former employer years ago. Her POS supervisor never physically did anything (not for lack of trying) but he was super freaky. He tried to barge into her hotel room a couple times right after she relocated to Germany for a job (this was right before we met actually). He sent her repeated photos of his junk. He used to graphically joke about her body (and the things he wanted to do to her) with his fellow supervisors and managers. It was pretty graphic and disgusting and we got to see it all after the discovery motions and supoenas. It dragged on for 3 years before she won both the initial arbitration (woohoo for BS restrictive employment agreements and mandatory arbitration over a courtroom), their immediate appeal where they claimed the female arbitrator (WHO THEY PICKED) was biased due to her own gender and when she finally "won" her complaint. By "winning" i mean, she got a smallish cash settlement (3 years salary...of which she saw 40% after her attorney's cut) and she has never worked in that industry again since then as a result. Not official blacklisting but basically de facto blacklisting after the fact...all for being the victim and actually saying/doing something about it. Her boss wanted to fuck her and she said no...so clearly it was her fault.

And yes, they continually tried to put her on trial. They tried to say she dressed slutty (she didn't and never has), they called her all sorts of names in court and in their emails (who the hell emails crap like that in a workplace?!?) and the dumbass supervisor was the only employee who didn't attend the mandatory sexual harassment training they held the week AFTER they fired her...they only held the training as a CYA for themselves knowing full well she'd likely sue and the dumbass didn't attend.

Last edited by Davian93; 10-13-2016 at 11:48 AM.