art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > A Memory of Light
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother
Default AMOL Cover art revealed

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/05/mic...light-revealed

It really is the beginning of the end!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like an eclipse after all?

And...are they in the Waste?

Anyway, I like it.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

I'm gonna assume that is Moiraine and Nynaeve, so someone did well with their choice of faction!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 05-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Youngling

NaeffOfDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

Moiraine and Nynaeve? It looks like the woman in the yellow has shorter hair, but she is wearing yellow for her Ajah.
Quote:
Two Aes Sedai follow the Dragon Reborn into the mouth of darkness, two women who have been with Rand since the very beginning.
EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it while I was pulling the quote.

Last edited by NaeffOfDreams; 05-03-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Youngling

Aulis Vaara has a spectacular aura aboutAulis Vaara has a spectacular aura aboutAulis Vaara has a spectacular aura about

I'm going to cry, or at least choke up, in every chapter when reading this book.

I totally thought Alivia was going to be there, but apparently not. Holy spoiler!

Has someone made a countdown timer for the release yet?
Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

The left arm is behind the rest of his body, just to tease with us, I think.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

never figured that Moiraine would actually be one of the ones using Callandor.

guess the difference in OP-strength isn't that important when using it?

EDIT: oh, and yeah. loved the cover.

probably just because I'm looking so much forward to the book

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 05-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post

EDIT: oh, and yeah. loved the cover.

probably just because I'm looking so much forward to the book
Unless Nynaeve does a miracle healing and restores Moiraine's full power
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Note to Rand: if you hold up your sword in a guard position, hold it in such a way that it actually protects you. The way you're holding it now an attacker could take a sizeable chunk out of your arm without even touching your blade.

Question for Rand: if you only have one hand, what do you need three* swords for?

* Or two swords and a knife. I'm not entirely sure whether the third is a shortsword.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post

With her angreal, she's stronger than she was before.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Youngling

padfoot89 will become famous soon enoughpadfoot89 will become famous soon enough

Awesome cover. It looks like Rand is marching off to the Pit of Doom while Moraine and Nynaeve are chasing ?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Youngling

Grig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant future

He looks like Tom Cruise with a wig.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Youngling

Master Ablar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Note to Rand: if you hold up your sword in a guard position, hold it in such a way that it actually protects you. The way you're holding it now an attacker could take a sizeable chunk out of your arm without even touching your blade.

Question for Rand: if you only have one hand, what do you need three* swords for?

* Or two swords and a knife. I'm not entirely sure whether the third is a shortsword.
Dreamspike? Could have been the Dragon scepter except Semirhage destroyed. And it probably would not have been much use in this situation anyway. The sword must be Justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeffOfDreams View Post
Moiraine and Nynaeve? It looks like the woman in the yellow has shorter hair, but she is wearing yellow for her Ajah.

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it while I was pulling the quote.
Nyneave had her braid burned off in her testing.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Youngling

Grig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant futureGrig has a brilliant future

Quote:
You're assuming that's a defensive posture. He could be using it to light the path ahead (not wanting to weave the OP to make a light, or something).

Also, if anyone is questioning whether one of the women is Nynaeve, one of the sketches has a ki'sain.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Wait... Moiraine? I don't see her kesiera at all.

And the woman in the yellow dress seems to have lighter hair. I'm tempted to say Elayne and Egwene...
Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

That is FREAKING AWESOME. I will *fully* admit to being a) really concerned about the new artist, and b) really sad that the last cover wouldn't "match" the rest. Well, fears abolished. That cover is epic.

I will caution people that covers are almost never spoilers - they are teasers. It looks like the women are Nynaeve and Moiraine, and the description certainly pushes us that way, but it's just a picture guys. An awesome, well done picture, but a picture nonetheless. The real book is inside that glorious cover.

Personally, I'll just enjoy the taste of what's to come!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ablar View Post
The sword must be Justice.
I think that the sword is Callandor, considering the fact that you can see through it. Grig's idea does make sense, though. Of course, in that case, he should've held the sword a bit differently, so that the light did not shine in his own eyes.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

That cover is beyond amazing . . . . what comes after "perfect"?

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

So is Whelan redoing the rest of the covers?

Because...DAMN!!!

I mean, here I thought Firefly was cool...who knew he could draw too?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 05-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

it's good both on its own right and as a part of the series

and Nynaeve isn't as teeny tiny as Harriet made me think

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill