art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > A Memory of Light
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother
Default Slighly spoilery cover blurb for A Memory of Light

Click here

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 05-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

So...Mat's going to Ebou Dar. I guess that's interesting. Is he going to lead the Seanchan forces in the LB?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

One was pretty obvious, another is a major spoiler IMHO (The Mat one)

Interesting.

Also, Mat going there seems a bit out of the blue...what does Moiraine tell him to make him change his plans like that?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot

Last edited by Davian93; 05-21-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
One was pretty obvious, another is a major spoiler IMHO (The Mat one)

Interesting.

Also, Mat going there seems a bit out of the blue...what does Moiraine tell him to make him change his plans like that?
And what does this mean for those of us who thought Moiraine will be mediating between Egwene and Rand? And will Mat be in time to stop the invasion of the Tower? I guess so. Remembering that this is supposed to be a single book, I doubt RJ planned to have two Seanchan invasions of the Tower.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
And what does this mean for those of us who thought Moiraine will be mediating between Egwene and Rand? And will Mat be in time to stop the invasion of the Tower? I guess so. Remembering that this is supposed to be a single book, I doubt RJ planned to have two Seanchan invasions of the Tower.
Perhaps Grady drops Moiraine off at Merrilor and takes Mat to Ebou Dar...wouldn't be much of a stretch really.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 05-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Perhaps Grady drops Moiraine off at Merrilor and takes Mat to Ebou Dar...wouldn't be much of a stretch really.
Yes, but from the end of ToM, it really looked like there was set up for Moiraine to be involved with Mat's storyline for sometime. And Moiraine has unresolved... issues, with the Seanchan. I would love to see Fortuona get a touch of Moiraine Sedai.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

Maybe Rand sends him off to try to get the seanchan on their side for the last battle.

He may succeed where Rand failed.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 05-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp View Post
Maybe Rand sends him off to try to get the seanchan on their side for the last battle.

He may succeed where Rand failed.
I think Jesus Rand would do just as well...though perhaps Mat goes to the Seanchan after Rand is killed to try and rally what's left of the forces of the Light.

That would be interesting.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Elder

sleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
I think he'll head to Merrilor first to drop Moiraine off and tell everyone about that nice foreign girl he just got married to. Then Bode (because there needs to be a dramatic and hilarious Cauthon sibling reunion) arrives with news of the Seanchan attack. Rand asks Mat to find Tuon and convince her to call it off.

At least that's how I'm hoping it plays out... Merrilor won't be half as fun without Mat there.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepinghour View Post
I think he'll head to Merrilor first to drop Moiraine off and tell everyone about that nice foreign girl he just got married to. Then Bode (because there needs to be a dramatic and hilarious Cauthon sibling reunion) arrives with news of the Seanchan attack. Rand asks Mat to find Tuon and convince her to call it off.

At least that's how I'm hoping it plays out... Merrilor won't be half as fun without Mat there.
The forces of the Light will be at a impassable deadlock over Rand and Egwene's plans for the Last Battle. Rand will convince everyone that a simple roll of the dice should decide the plan to go with...and then he'll pick Mat to roll for him.

Then its off to Seanchan after Bode's hilarious interjection.

Last edited by Davian93; 05-21-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

I saw a Brandon tweet recently where he answered a question.

Q: Will 1/3 of aMoL be fights and battles?
Brandon: At least 1/3.

(not verbatim, but the essentials are there)
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp View Post
I saw a Brandon tweet recently where he answered a question.

Q: Will 1/3 of aMoL be fights and battles?
Brandon: At least 1/3.

(not verbatim, but the essentials are there)
Sweet, a veritable tempest of battles and action.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Sweet, a veritable tempest of battles and action.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I want astonishing revelations more than I want fight! fight! fight!. I hope that doesn't mean boring descriptions of cavalry formations and means, say, Rand vs Moridin to the death and Asha'man blowing stuff up good.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Youngling

Here it is, I found it. (may 16th)

@DFaninFla:
@BrandSanderson @Terez27 im truly hoping this book is 1/3 battles/fights

@BrandSanderson:
@DFaninFla @Terez27 More than 1/3, I'd say...

I guess it soon will be up in the int db.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

It's been in there since it was posted. AMOL Writing and Editing Process, last entry.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Youngling

I didn't find it earlier, but that's probably because of my incompetence.

Back to topic on cover.

I like the foreshadowing of Trollocs in Caemlyn in EoTW.
In that sequence Mat's dagger had a certain pull on them, I wonder if Mordeth will be there (probably not).

Last edited by Tomp; 05-21-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispin's Crispian View Post
So...Mat's going to Ebou Dar. I guess that's interesting. Is he going to lead the Seanchan forces in the LB?
I predicted this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me View Post
6. Beslan and mat will commandeer seanchan forces for the last battle
Old 05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

No one is impressed...
Old 05-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
It's been in there since it was posted. AMOL Writing and Editing Process, last entry.
After reading some of the past Twitter strings on there (I don't use Twitter, so haven't seen most of that), and poking around some of the links given in the midst of the Twitter convo's, I realize how sheltered a life I live by pretty much frequenting only Theoryland. Some of the verbal attacks about release dates and other logistical topics are ridiculous.

Thanks for being an enjoyable fan group to be a part of (if on the outskirts ^_^), Theoryland.

Re: OP, I thought that was an interestingly spoilerish mention of Mat in that text. Did I totally miss something in the last book? I, and I'm sure most others, assumed Mat and Tuon would come together again - that isn't the issue. The shock is that this seems to imply an immediate event in the beginning of the book, though I suppose I could be taking too great a meaning in its inclusion with that list.

On the other hand, didn't someone theorize that Mat would convince Tuon to help defend Caemlyn rather than attack the White Tower again?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

People have theorized all sorts of things. The Seanchan truce is one of those topics we wander around on a lot; there are many possible solutions. I also wonder about the apparent immediacy of that plotline; it seems strange for him to abandon the Band even for something as important as talking to Tuon and perhaps soliciting her help.

Tags
amol