art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > A Memory of Light
User Name
Password

Old 08-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Youngling

Cortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Mysteries We Won't Find The Answers To?

I know, its unthinkable, but obviously RJ/BS want to leave some things up to mystery. Anyone have any ideas about what they might be?

I for one think the Tinker's Song will remain lost. Something like this wouldn't be too bad if we never saw it solved, but it would still leave that little bit of mystery in the books.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:06 AM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

From memory BS said that one of the Aelfinn questions at least would not be answered.

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortar View Post
I know, its unthinkable, but obviously RJ/BS want to leave some things up to mystery. Anyone have any ideas about what they might be?

I for one think the Tinker's Song will remain lost. Something like this wouldn't be too bad if we never saw it solved, but it would still leave that little bit of mystery in the books.
Well, all that needs to be done is that Rand, the Aiel Chiefs, or Wise Ones need to teach them the songs that the Aiel in the AoL sang to help grow things.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:51 AM
Youngling

boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dicatesd 10.35

Honestly, at least some of the Tinkers must be descended from Aiel; you should just be able to run one of them through the crystal pillars and see it themselves.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy View Post
Honestly, at least some of the Tinkers must be descended from Aiel; you should just be able to run one of them through the crystal pillars and see it themselves.
That's what Aram was going to do; then he would be the Tinker clan chief. But he went and got himself inconsiderately killed, thus wrecking my excellent theory.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:37 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy View Post
Well, outside of new additions, most probably are Aiel, just that they also would have the blood of numerous other groups of people that joined them over the last 3000 years or so.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Youngling

Fain Farstrider is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately with the demise of RJ and the decision to do no further books concerning the WoT universe I'm sure we will get not true lasting answers about Shara. It has always been a part of the series I wanted fleshed out or at least explained more than what could be found in the glossaries.

Another aspect that I wish could have been fleshed out is the island of Seanchean and their blight
Old 09-03-2012, 12:37 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fain Farstrider View Post
Unfortunately with the demise of RJ and the decision to do no further books concerning the WoT universe I'm sure we will get not true lasting answers about Shara. It has always been a part of the series I wanted fleshed out or at least explained more than what could be found in the glossaries.

Another aspect that I wish could have been fleshed out is the island of Seanchean and their blight
I think it said in the Big White Book that Artur Hawking's son smashed the trollocs there. Either that or it was never the threat that the one in Randland was, considering SG is on the Randland side.
Old 09-03-2012, 04:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

There are suggestions that the Trollocs in the Seanchan Blight were exterminated with the help of the exotic animals (Grolm and such) that had been brought there after Traveling was lost, but before the knowledge of going to other worlds disappeared.

Of course, if there are Portal Stones in Seanchan (as seems likely), then it is quite possible that some Trollocs and other Shadowspawn have been diverted there, just to keep the Seanchan occupied while the real battle is fought elsewhere.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fain Farstrider View Post

I honestly don't think that even if RJ had lived, we'd ever really learn anymore about Shara than we have. If anything we'll learn more about it in the encyclopedia
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Youngling

Tedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to allTedman is a name known to all

I agree I Don't think we would have learned all that much more than we already knew.

I think we just might have had some tangential details from the "Tam Al'thor look alike" washes up in Seanchan trilogy he wanted to do.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Youngling

Cabadrin is a jewel in the roughCabadrin is a jewel in the roughCabadrin is a jewel in the rough

I´m connecting the Tinker´s song with the song-activated ter'angreal Avienda found, and of course the singing agriculture of AOL-aiel.
Tinkers singing safe passage through the Blight?
Old 10-06-2012, 05:49 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I don't think we'll ever really find out who killed Asmo.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 10-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

Or whether Taim is posing as Demandred.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabadrin View Post
I´m connecting the Tinker´s song with the song-activated ter'angreal Avienda found, and of course the singing agriculture of AOL-aiel.
Tinkers singing safe passage through the Blight?
There is one known ter'angreal that is activated by singing of non-channelers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWB
WAYGATES
The Talisman of Growing is a ter'angreal which is triggered by certain kinds of singing, such as Ogier Treesinging. It allowed the Ogier to expand the Ways after the Aes Sedai had gone. As lost stedding were found, the Ogier grew Ways to them. The Talisman cannot create an entirely new Way between two spots, but it can make a branch “grow” from an existing Way, and the Ogier can sing this growing into a “flower,” the “flower” of the Waygate, the only part of the Ways that is actually in the world. Waygates are worked in such intricate organic detail that they resemble a wall of living vines and flowers covered over with very fine stone dust. When activated, usually by moving the “key” sculpted as a removable Avendesora leaf, the carved foliage changes slowly to living shrubbery, and the gate’s double doors swing outward to reveal a glassy, mirrorlike permeable barrier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoD
Chapter Fifteen
A Different Skill
A stone carving the size of her hand, all deep blue curves-it felt like stone, at least, though somehow it did not really look carved- was for growing something. Not plants. It made her think of holes, only they were not exactly holes. And she did not believe anyone had to channel to make it work. Only sing the right song! Some ter'angreal did not require channeling, but really! Singing?

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Youngling

Cabadrin is a jewel in the roughCabadrin is a jewel in the roughCabadrin is a jewel in the rough

Weird Harold, thanks.
Holes that are not exactly holes sounds like the Ways, but according to Loial (TSR ch 43) the Talisman is safe with the Elders, so we still have a song-related loose thread. And the Tinkers should have a role to play. I´d leave this open for now.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabadrin View Post
Weird Harold, thanks.
Holes that are not exactly holes sounds like the Ways, but according to Loial (TSR ch 43) the Talisman is safe with the Elders, so we still have a song-related loose thread. And the Tinkers should have a role to play. I´d leave this open for now.
Its very possible that there was more than one.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Youngling

Tsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to all
Default What then?

So, seriously folks, what becomes of Theoryland when all the words have been written, all the important questions answered and someone, either the forces of The Light or The Dark, declared the winner?

Will Theoryland soldier on?

Tsofu

Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Well, it started out as a Wheel of Time/Buffy site, and we've barely discussed Buffy at all, so far.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:20 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsofu View Post
So, seriously folks, what becomes of Theoryland when all the words have been written, all the important questions answered and someone, either the forces of The Light or The Dark, declared the winner?

Will Theoryland soldier on?

Tsofu
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Well, it started out as a Wheel of Time/Buffy site, and we've barely discussed Buffy at all, so far.
It didn't start as a Buffy site. The Buffy portion was added after it had been up for a year or two. I remember it appearing, and being excited as both a WOT and Buffy fan, but then... nothing. So I'd be happy to start a Buffy thread if anyone wants one. Or you could just follow my re-watch on Twitter (I'm introducing Lupus to it).

As for whether the last book is the end of Theoryland... pfffft. After AMOL is when the real theorising begins. Do you really think there will be no questions after AMOL as a result of AMOL? That it will answer every question we Theorylanders can think of? That it will settle the Egwene debate? I think it will not! And there is yet an Encylopedia to wait for, a book that we hope will trump the BWB in every imaginable way with revelations from the notes and answers to questions we never even thought to ask. And every answer leads to a new question, and each question to a new theory. THEORYLAND WILL NEVER DIE!

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known