art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7652

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 09-22-2009, 10:08 AM
ReadandFindOut.com

Dom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
Some more foreshadowing:

The mirroring motifs of Rand's eyes being like blue ice, like chips of ice, cold as winter and similar metaphors like 'death on a winter morning', "like winter's heart" etc. and Ishamel's caverns of fire is not new. It's been around for a long time (as far as ACOS for sure, perhaps before). RJ also used his mouth/words/voice this way too.

Last edited by Dom; 09-22-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti
Default I love it

I love it when the uber-arguers on the board start getting goofy with their responses. All we need is for Callandor to tell a knock-knock joke and the circle of life will be complete.

Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 09-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Nice bit of foreshadowing here (might have already been brought up in another thread. Probably has...but I am currently working my way through aCoS and this caught my eye):
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ aCoS paperback Chapter 7 page 165
Rand felt the Dragon Scepter in his hand, felt every line of the carved Dragons against his heron-branded palm as clearly as if he were running his fingers over them, yet it seemed someone else's hand. If a blade cut it off, he would feel the pain---and keep going. It would be another's pain.

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 09-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti
I love it when the uber-arguers on the board start getting goofy with their responses. All we need is for Callandor to tell a knock-knock joke and the circle of life will be complete.

I figure there's not much point in being deadly serious all the time.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 09-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
I figure there's not much point in being deadly serious all the time.
Yeah, that'd be tearfully boring.

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Powerslave
When Rand Balefired Rahvin, he actually erased the event of Mat's death from the Pattern. Cause if he didn't, Mat would be dead. But he is very much alive. So Mat never went to the afterlife, cause he never got struck by lightning, his death never happened. Oh but everyone saw, they have memories of him dying! And many will probably see Rand die, Alivia will make sure of it. But the question is, if a tree falls in the forrest, and no one is there to hear it, did it make a sound?
Balefire makes it as if these things didn't happen, but they still happened. It doesn't erase memory - just consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1PS
As to the *finns. Yes, they always speak the truth, but they never give straight answers. Even the example of Mat you bring up, isn't very straight forward. And Rand's answer aren't either. "The West and south must be as one, the east and north must be as one". Now, exactly where do you divide those two halves on the map. What cites need to be Seanchan controlled exactly for them to have spoken truth? Rand is interpreting it like "you can say the east and south are controlled by the Seanchan...".
All the 'Finns said here, when you add it up, is that the whole of Randland must be one. Pretty simple.

Also, Min's viewings aren't tricksy at all, and she says Rand will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH
Are Aginor, Balthamel and Ishamael dead or alive?
Balthamel and Ishamael are alive, again. Aginor is dead (again). Not sure why you asked - that's obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
Or you could be "Three on the boat, and he who is dead yet lives". I say if his body dies he is dead so that satisfy's the "dead" bit. You say as long as his soul has not passed on he is not dead which satisfy's the "yet lives" bit.
Birgitte says that Heroes in the afterlife are 'not dead as others are dead'. That works well enough to explain the paradox - better than anything anyone else has come up with, I think.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know, right. I love this place.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 09-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

It would probably take him the circle of life to tell it, but sure ... sounds great! hehe

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Youngling

creepybob has a spectacular aura aboutcreepybob has a spectacular aura aboutcreepybob has a spectacular aura about

Oh God, I accidently stumbled into the Rand-Moridin body switch thread.

Run Away!

Pirate > Ninja
Old 09-27-2009, 03:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Is that what this thread is? I'd forgotten!

*runs away*