art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): ekoatleyfred, ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 12-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Youngling

Maze is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
I looked on selexyz.nl (the site of a chain of bookstores), and if you search for "Robert Jordan Gathering Storm", and then click on the right book, then you can find a "Bekijk de voorraad in de winkel" link, which lets you know in which shops of that chain the book is and isn't found.
The first two days it was only two shops, but now it is quite a few more. Unless you're living in Drente or Overijsel, there should be one reasonably close by. And, let's face it: hardly anyone important lives in those provinces.
well, it was a bit more complicated I ordered the book from the signed page after an article on Dragonmount. But I figured "why wait over a month on a signed book, when you can buy another copy right away" ... so a few days after the release I started looking in the book stores. I find it more enjoyable just browsing stores to see if I can find the book... in my opinion, web shops are the easy way out. All though I'll order sooner at a web shop than a book store.

And i live in (province) Utrecht, but just barely its a 15 minute Walk from my home in Veenendaal (grand total of 68.000 inhabitants ) to the border with Gelderland.

Of course I did browse bol.com, blz.nl, selexyz.nl ect. in the progress of the book becomming available. and after aswell.

Eventually my girlfriend told me that if I wanted to get the book that bad, I should just order a second copy online, and so I did... and I still haven't received the copy from the signed page, signing was somewhere late November, so i'm still waiting on it .

Last edited by Maze; 12-03-2009 at 08:20 AM.