art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions
User Name
Password

Old 10-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Montreal - Remembrance Day

I'll be in Montreal Nov 10-11 for Remembrance Day weekend. Any Theorylanders interested in a coffee meet-up or beer? Who's nearby? Khoram? Dom? others?

I'll be around West Island and Downtown, i.e. flexible.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Well, I'm always in the West Island. So that works.

Sunday works best for me (I'm on the ice at 8 and 9 pm - the rest of the day after 11:30 is fine for me).

Saturday I have a small window, unless you wanna go to, say, McKibbon's at around 9 pm.

Let me know what you wanna do.

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.

Last edited by Khoram; 10-31-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: My original post made me sound like an overly-excited schoolgirl. XD
Old 11-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Excellent!

Khoram, I sent you some contact info. Looking forward to meeting you!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Likewise. I replied to said info, in case you haven't received it yet. It should be awesome.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Default Theoryland North - Meeting notes

I was wearing the Great Lord's colours, Khoram had a flight jacket, neither of which was suitable for the cold evening air. Fortunately, we arrived within minutes of each other, and set off to a local pub whose Saturday night-clientele heavily favoured MILFs and those desperate to get to know them better. Beer, nachos and whiskey were ordered, and we got down to Theoryland business.

It was great fun talking about pet theories, remembering favourite Theoryland moments, and least favourite ones as well. It's always nice to meet someone who feels their life has been touched by the Wheel of Time as much as your own. I may have tried to offer some life advice with the caveat that I am consistently at least 70% wrong. Having fully explained my reasoning, I have great hopes that Khoram will join me in proclaiming that RJ is wrong, Demandred IS Mazrim Taim.

The live band eventually cut down on talk, but for an hour we enjoyed some loud classic rock while shielding our eyes from the dancing man we never want to become, and diligently trying to finish every last bite of the most expensive nachos ever served.

Back in the cold night air, away from the noise, we somehow manged to talk for another half hour about RJ, life, Sanderson, Lan, and how Theoryland made us better people. It was past midnight by then, I hardly saw the time go by, what a totally fantastic fun night. Makes me eager for a real JordanCon, or larger scale Northeast get together.

The invite will go out again, sometime in the not too distant future.

Looking forward to the next time around Khoram!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Elder

I don't know if I'm quite ready to jump on the RJ-is-wrong bandwagon, but I will say this: I am fully under the impression that he once said that the books wrote themselves; that the characters had minds of their own. Take that as you will.

Hopefully that guy got some. Although I'm still holding to pity. And don't worry: when we meet up again in the future, if you end up like that, I'll shoot you if you start dancing.

Those nachos were pretty good, though. And the largest plate I've seen. So they had that going for them, even if they were bloody expensive.

I'm definitely looking forward to future meet-n'-greets, and hopefully I'll find the money (on my student budget) to make it to JordanCon in April. Especially for the celebrating of fifteen years of us crazy people here at TL.

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, GL. Next time we'll have to make sure Dav's in the area, too (which apparently he was).

Edit: Maybe I'll write up a looney theory (or create a faction) about the hopelessness of the Last Battle, all because of Fedwin Mor.

Last edited by Khoram; 11-12-2012 at 11:42 PM.