art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (3): ebraceletscharm, schwassfore, tevarttelli,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 11-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Perhaps someone could ask if Egwene's Seanchan woman and running person dreams have been fulfilled?
Old 11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Youngling

drakenwulf is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to the signing in phoenix on monday. if anybody has a question they would like me to ask then speak up, I can't think of anything intelegent myself. so pm me if you'd like and I'll post the response I get here, if I get a chance to ask it.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Turns out I might be able to make it to the signing in Dallas this Saturday. Any questions that need asking? Any tips on when I should get there? (AKA, do I need ta get there early or sommat like that?)

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Turns out I might be able to make it to the signing in Dallas this Saturday. Any questions that need asking?
^^^
Old 11-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
^^^
Duly noted. Any others in case that gets asked or something crazy happens?

Old 11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

Dunno, would you be willing to ask a Lews Therin question? If so, ask him why the voice was gone when Rand was in Tel'aran'rhiod. Well, we know it's because the pieces of himself fit together better there, but maybe he'll say something else about it. And as a follow-up question, ask him if the same would be the case if Rand went to Tel'aran'rhiod in the flesh.

I'd say the question about the dreams would take priority tho. He's been pretty reticent on Lews Therin, but he has confirmed that the Rand-beggar vision is fulfilled, so there's a good chance he'll answer the dream question straight out.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Mayo: Confirm again that in RJ's notes there wasn't anything that said if LTT was real or not.
and can you confirm that RJ didn't intend to reveal anything about it?
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Terez, I don't think that the meeting with Elan took place in TAR. More importantly, perhaps: Rand thinks that it didn't, he remarks to himself that it feels differently.
Which is ironical, in a way: when Ishamael was trying to figure out which of the three boys was LTT, he did so in a place where that would be less easy to determine than almost anywhere else we know of.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
Mato: Confirm again that in RJ's notes there wasn't anything that said if LTT was real or not.
and can you confirm that RJ didn't intend to reveal anything about it?
fix'd

And I might be able to do that. I'm not a big fan of the real vs. construct debate, but I guess I can try to confirm that. Also, it's Mato.

Gonzo, so what, was it in a Vacuole or something?

Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Gonzo, so what, was it in a Vacuole or something?
Good question, to which we can only answer: we do not know.

Until tGS, we had not much reason to doubt the seemingly obvious assumption that it happened in TAR. I think there is one Forsaken meeting which takes place in a similar (or the same) place, and of that it is thought by one of the Forsaken that it is close to Shayol Ghul. But I don't think that we had been given reason to think that is where Ishamael met the boys, until this scene.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

I think it's probably the 'near Shayol Ghul' bit that makes it feel different.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Elder

Yellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to behold
Default Atlanta Signing

I'm probably going to a signing tonight w/ BS (and Harriet I think) in a 'burb NE of Atlanta.

Looking for a suggestion on questions. Not sure which from this thread have been asked already.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Well, there's a faction war you could put to rest. Ask him if all Heroes are ta'veren at some point when they are spun out, or not. In other words, is ta'veren the means by which Heroes are 'corrective mechanisms', or are they corrective mechanisms in some other way?
Old 11-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Well, there's a faction war you could put to rest. Ask him if all Heroes are ta'veren at some point when they are spun out, or not. In other words, is ta'veren the means by which Heroes are 'corrective mechanisms', or are they corrective mechanisms in some other way?
Faction war has been put to rest. Heroes are not always Ta'veren. Go looky at the Dallas Signing thread for more info.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

jason wolfbrother has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to jason wolfbrother Send a message via MSN to jason wolfbrother Send a message via Yahoo to jason wolfbrother

Thx for asking that question Mato

Wash:"Things are about to get interesting"
Mal:"Define interesting..."
Wash:"Oh God! Oh God! We're all gonna die!?"

"If you are not living life on the edge, you are taking up too much space"
Old 11-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Default Moar questions!

Most of these are from factions. Some aren't.

Did the reintegration constitute a 'death' for Lews Therin? Does this fulfill Min's touch/merge viewing? Does this fulfill the 'Finns' 'to live you must die'?

In the Age of Legends, was Lanfear artificially enhanced to be either stronger in the Power, or more beautiful?

Why is Lanfear weaker in the Power now that she's been transmigrated as Cyndane?

Was the Warder bond originally created as an attempt to control male channelers?

Did Verin have anything to do with Alanna bonding Rand?

One previous (and contested) signing report says that RJ stated the time loop trap (with the flies) in The Great Hunt was set by Fain. Is this true?

In the lives where Heroes don't do 'anything extraordinary' (BS's words), are they still 'corrective mechanisms'?

Can Darkfriends be Heroes of the Horn? (I think this is a dumb question, but some people actually argue that they can be.)

Was Tuon already aware that sul'dam could learn to channel, or did she just learn that after arriving on the Randland continent?

Are the gholam also immune to the True Power?

Possible RAFOs, but it can't hurt to ask:

Since all of the rebels' ter'angreal were confirmed missing, why was Sheriam missing a finger (or possibly more than one finger)?

Can burned-out channelers be Healed?

Is the Book of Translation a guide to the Portal Stones?

Did transmigration (as in, the way some Forsaken were brought back from the dead) have anything to do with the way Slayer was made?

Is Taim a new Forsaken?

Who sent the Shadowspawn attack to Lord Algarin's manor?

I have a friend who is going to a signing tomorrow - if he gets answers to any of these, I'll edit the post to remove the questions.

Last edited by Terez; 11-16-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Are the gholam also immune to the True Power?
Bonus question: how about Mat with his fox head medallion?
Old 11-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

RJ RAFO'd that one, but I suppose it won't hurt to ask again.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Question: Did Rand gain access to the True Power via his "strange link" with Moridin, or did he access it some other way?

I'm sure it's up there somewhere, but I'm lazy. I'm also pretty sure it'll get a RAFO, but I'd like to at least get that before I start a faction about it.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Elder

Yuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really niceYuri33 is just really nice

Actually, I remember a rather involved debate between myself and Marie about the CK, and why the female CK broke without the male one breaking. Now that they are both gone, maybe BS is willing to tell us why.

Marie claimed that there was a flaw in the female CK. I claimed there was more stress on the female CK because of the involvement of Rand, an inexperienced saidar weaver.

It's also interesting to note that while we all thought the CK were being used to their limit during the Cleansing, that was apparently not the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ/BS
TGS, Veins of Gold:
"Why?" Rand whispered to the twisting winds around him. The Power coming to him through the access key was greater than he'd held when cleansing saidin. Perhaps greater than any man had ever held. Great enough to unravel the Pattern itself and bring final peace.

Tags
questions