art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): icatozierfran, ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 11-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tercel
Although that said, it's pretty telling that Rand sees Moiridin's face whenever he experiences the dizziness! So I think BS is trying to lead us up the garden path with this one.
Yeah, I think he is. There's a possibility that something else is causing the sickness, but what could it be? Also, Moridin appears to be nauseous once when Rand sees his face through the link.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Elder

Lord Bloodpath is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Rand is sick because of remnants of the Taint and Moridin is experiencing it because of the fact that they are linked. Just like his hand hurts.

Berelain: You were frozen, so I helped you by taking off your clothes and putting you in my tent.
Perrin: You have a unique way of helping people. I feel strangely satisfied.
Berelain: Oh, I helped myself too. Abracadabra.
*By ISAM*
Old 11-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Youngling

ArtK is on a distinguished road
Default Is Mesaana Posing as Aes Sedai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tercel
Obviously the most trivial way for Mesaana to escape is for her to believe that 'darkfriends' and 'choosen' are significantly different.

Another completely different way to defeat the Oaths, which has annoyed/intrigued me (as a Philosophy grad) for some time is this: "I swear to speak no word that is not true", implies literally that no single word spoken will be false. Well, philosophically speaking, individual words have no truth values, truth values are complex relations between phrases, context, meaning and reality. If I took the oaths, I could quite easily say 'chalk is cheese' while holding the conviction that no words in that sentence are false.

Another way which comes to mind as I think about it is potentially to be wearing thin gloves.

Any other ideas?
I've always suspected she wasn't, rather was pretending to be one of the non-channelers. If she is/was posing as Aes Sedai, she would have to use illusion to provide the "Aes Sedai face". But if she's going to use illusion anyway, why not pretend to be a non-channeler. I've long suspected the "Mistress of the Kitchens" (whose name I don't remember at the moment), and this book has intensified this suspicion.

Note that this approach, while not defeating the oaths, would defeat the oath rod, since nobody would be expecting her to participate.

Another point of interest is that Alviarin thought her face was familiar, but couldn't bring the context (of her recognition) to mind. This probably wouldn't square with the "mistress of the kitchens" notion, but she could be posing as a servant of one of the black sisters.

Last edited by ArtK; 11-15-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtK
I've long suspected the "Mistress of the Kitchens" (whose name I don't remember at the moment), and this book has intensified this suspicion.
Welcome to the fold.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers