art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): qrbevacquawerne,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 03-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Youngling

halo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to all
Default any word from LA signing on 3/22

i would have gone and videoed the thing again but my mom came home from Israel this weekend...
Old 03-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Look at RAFO or DM.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

there is a thread on readandfindout.com but not really a lot of new information... mostly rafo's and that it turns out that Sulin was not supposed to be with Rand's group after all LOL

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that last overturns quite a lot of speculation, so it is worth knowning.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Youngling

halo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to all

i dont know who did the reporting but man does it not make any sense. im not sure if we can actually rely on whoever it was that they heard brandon right. i mean, i know ogier accents and everything could be an interesting side thread, but two "shadow sworn" ogier steadings.... guy sounds like felix...
Old 03-25-2010, 08:22 PM
Elder

Tree Brother is a jewel in the roughTree Brother is a jewel in the roughTree Brother is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo6819 View Post
guy sounds like felix...
I believe it is. FelixPax = Dida. At least I believe that is the case, if you follow the posts at the 13th Depository forum.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Yup, it's Felix. I didn't add anything from his last signing report do the database, and I probably won't add this one either.

Do you post at 13thD, Tree Brother?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Youngling

damn, i was hopeing to meet him IRL... guess it will be next signing.

btw, i posted on brandons facebook about sulin... so hopefully he will reply
Old 03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Elder

Tree Brother is a jewel in the roughTree Brother is a jewel in the roughTree Brother is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Do you post at 13thD, Tree Brother?
Rarely, but I read it. I actually responded to Dida's thread about Elayne's dreams. For some reason Dida/Felix seems to believe that everyone is a dreamer. And the Luca theory is like nails on a chalkboard. I sure hope that doesn't come to pass. (Besides, if he cannot make money off it, there is no way he is going into the ToG).
Old 03-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Luckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really nice

Mmm. I've been in contact with Bob at Encylopaedia WoT about this. Given it opposes three distinct signings and it's from Dida--not reliable.

That being said, I emailed Brandon as well. I'll let you know if he replies.

It's a problematic piece of information on another level. I was using Sulin's presence with Rand to answer another question--specifically, if Cadsuane and the Wise One's needed to find Perrin, why did they go through Nynaeve? Why not simply have the Wise One's find Edarra or one of the others dreams and ask her directly? Amys, Bair and Melaine all have met Edarra in person, and knew her [LoC:19], which is all you need to find someone's dreams, though it can take time if over a distance (time they had).

Additionally how did Cadsuane know where Perrin had been at the beginning of tGS? She states that she'd assumed Perrin would go eastward into lands Rand held--but what gave her the basis of where she'd thought he'd begun? Of course it could be that the Wise One's knew he'd been sent after Masema, but that still doesn't answer the question of how she knew he'd be on the move anywhere.

My answers, in my head, had been that Sulin, the Wise One's (and perhaps the entire Aiel contingent) had left Perrin some time since (thereby explaining all the talk on gateways). By the time Cadsuane knew she needed Perrin he'd moved far from where Edarra had last seen him--ergo the need for Nynaeve.

Last edited by Luckers; 03-27-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:18 AM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Brother View Post
Rarely, but I read it. I actually responded to Dida's thread about Elayne's dreams. For some reason Dida/Felix seems to believe that everyone is a dreamer.
I never claimed everyone was a "Dreamer", in both ways, whether the Talent of entering the TAR or the Talent of entering other individuals Dreams.

All I said was that Aviendha had some amount of Talent to enter the TAR, and that the Wise Ones were trying to train her in entering other individuals Dreams. Aviendha had not been able to enter one of the Wise One's Dreams in tFoH book, for example.

I agreed with Brandon Sanderson in Woodlands Hills event, that none of the six Wise Ones with Perrin's Group in CoT or KoD books is a Dreamwalker. Meaning those six cannot find other people's Dreams, nor enter the TAR on their own. Nor do they have a ter'angreal item to aid entry into the TAR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree Brother View Post
And the Luca theory is like nails on a chalkboard. I sure hope that doesn't come to pass. (Besides, if he cannot make money off it, there is no way he is going into the ToG).
Doubter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckers
Mmm. I've been in contact with Bob at Encylopaedia WoT about this. Given it opposes three distinct signings and it's from Dida--not reliable.
Get over it, the rest of the audience and the organizer of the event heard the same thing twice at the Barnes & Noble in Woodland Hills, CA: that "Sulin was an Error" in tGS Book.

Brandon said one thing in Pasadena, CA in November 2009 and another in Woodland Hills, CA in March 2010 about Sulin.

I am accurate about this fact. Very accurate. Have any money to gamble, Luckers?

Cause your going to lose it all...if your did.

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com
Old 04-04-2010, 02:12 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Luckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really nice

Kathana spoke to Brandon and confirmed it anyway.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Confirmed what? (Just to be clear.)
Old 04-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Here is her quote.

Quote:
Alright, I asked Brandon about Sulin this evening. He said that he had originally place Sulin like that very intentionally, intending to do "something" with her. However, after a conversation with Maria, he became convinced that his original plans regarding this character were not workable, so Sulin will be edited out of future editions of TGS.

So not a misstep as so many have thought, but rather a rethinking of her role. These things happen. They've even happened in this series before, the most notable example being Robert Jordan's shifting of the Three Oaths to allow balefiring the ever loving frack out of Darkfriends, along with Shadowspawn.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah, I actually went over there and found it right after I posted (figured there would be something there). Anything else from Minicon?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Not yet. I'm going to pop up a thread for it. I'll let you know if I get anything extra. What about you? Got anything yet?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nope, everything I get goes here immediately. Even though it's not the TGS book tour any more, this will probably be my drop place for any interview-related stuff until JordanCon.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Youngling

i wonder if we are going to find out what his "something intresting" was
Old 04-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Incidentally Terez, in the database you've listed Sulin as an error--that doesn't seem to be what Brandon has stated--an error implies Brandon put Sulin there without thinking. He put her in intentionally, and later changed his mind.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckers View Post
Incidentally Terez, in the database you've listed Sulin as an error--that doesn't seem to be what Brandon has stated--an error implies Brandon put Sulin there without thinking. He put her in intentionally, and later changed his mind.
But leaving her in was an error, wasn't it?