art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Oh, and just so you know...Sodas is my self-proclaimed arch-enemy, so I'm quite sure he's only agreeing with you because you disagree with me. He typically goes out of his way to find things to paint Brandon in a negative light. I do not.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

The only thing Terez is good at is slandering others. When did I ever proclaim Terez my arch-enemy? Yeah right. I'd never consider Terez my "arch-enemy," because I'd require someone actually intelligent and challenging. Obviously, Terez considers me her "arch-enemy", always obsessing about my purpose. Afterall, Terez did have to have me quoted everywhere in her signature to harass me, and when her posts got edited on Theoryland, she went to talk more crap in the Dragonmount thread on Asmodean. In fact, she is probably rolling at joy that I'm even replying to her in a way, like a kid that pulls crap to gain attention. As it stands, I'd suggest that you ignore her and keep your own collection of quotes/books on hand, so you don't have to listen to her misrepresent quotes, slander people, and eventually slander you, just because you disagree with her. So no, I'm not out to paint Brandon in a poor light. I disagree with some of his decisions and don't particularly like his writing style. But an error is not the same thing as an edit or change of mind.

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.

Last edited by Sodas; 04-09-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.

That is all.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Luckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really nice

Look Terez, i don't much care--I just think you have claimed upon yourself a responsibility to which you are not living up to, but you don't much seem to mind. It's clear that you like being the one to declaim what's what, so good for you, that's fine. Just understand that I'll be directing people to take your addendums with a grain of salt. Don't feel bad, it's no less than I did with Thus Spake the Creator.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Ancient

Neilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
All right, I'm a non-native speaker of english. Could you explain to me why it being a mistake but not being in any way at all an error makes sense?
As far as I knew until now, the words are synonyms.
Clearly the language evolved while I wasn't looking.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckers View Post
Look Terez, i don't much care--I just think you have claimed upon yourself a responsibility to which you are not living up to, but you don't much seem to mind. It's clear that you like being the one to declaim what's what, so good for you, that's fine. Just understand that I'll be directing people to take your addendums with a grain of salt. Don't feel bad, it's no less than I did with Thus Spake the Creator.
So now it's just an excuse to denigrate the interview database. That's hardly surprising, but childish, really (just like it was childish of you to refuse to add it to your list of resources on Dragonmount in the first place....for well over a year, actually). I mean, your motives here are really clear, Luckers. All the outside observers can see that you are twisting Brandon's words around....to what purpose? To be an ass-kissing fanboy? To try to make me look bad? And I'm quite sure that most of the users of the database can use their own brains to figure out what is going on. The whole point of linking to the original source is so that they don't have to take my word for it.

Last edited by Terez; 04-10-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Luckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really nice

Just a point, but I did not refuse to add the database to the list of resources on the general forum--I, a) did not know of the database when that list was set up, b) did not manage that thread. It was Maj's baby, and c) recieved no requests to put it up there.

I'll put it up now, since you've asked so nicely.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Pssh, I asked nicely in the thread in question. Twice.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:44 AM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future
Default Ogier language Q&A, at the B&N Woodland Hills event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Luckers, there is a difference between paraphrasing and removing something. Also, IIRC the only bit I removed was Kathana's personal opinion on the subject which apparently had nothing to do with what Brandon actually said.
Quite interesting, that you would add Katherina's paraphrasing of Brandon words. Meanwhile totally ignore my direct quote of Brandon's words "Sulin is an Error", from the Woodland Hills event.

Likewise, the database ignores other direct quotes Brandon gave in the B&N Woodland Hills event. For example, about the Ogier language:

Question: "Do Ogiers have accents, dialects among the steddings?"

Answer: "Its a three part response, its partially RAFO, partially MAFO, and partially I can't say because if I did it would break my N.D.A. with Tor Inc."

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com
Old 04-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

Felix, this all stems back to your misrepresentation of the pre-TGS signing, which we have discussed before. I will try to clear up the question about Sulin at JordanCon. I have a tendency to trust you on this one, despite your history, but I'd rather be sure. The question about Ogier doesn't really reveal anything, so I'm not too concerned about omitting it.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Indeed Dida, I did not ignore your quote, I discussed it in quite a lot of detail--I even conferred with Bob Kluttz who agreed with you, and sent requests to Brandon to substantiate it--but based on the fact that it was in opposition of three seperate quotes on the issue, combined with the way you presented it--mixed in with all your own preconceptions--I reguarded as an unreliable citation. Without seperate substantiation I held it as suspect. But I did not ignore it.

In point of fact this is not a different situation at all. I'm very stringent on the issue of citations of what the author has said. This attitude lead to my unwillingness to trust your citation just as it did to my dissaproval of Terez's.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Youngling

halo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to all

thats why i take video
Old 04-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default You all make me chuckle

Hilter (otherwise known as Hitler) and the Nazis.

Doesn't that end the discussion?

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 04-15-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

No, it just means we get to point and laugh at you for Godwin'ing the thread.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Or perhaps he's Gwodinning it. I'm not entirely sure whether or not he intended to make a spelling mistake.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Does calling someone a Grammar Nazi count as Godwin'ing?
Old 04-16-2010, 03:39 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Go on facebook Tam.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Elder

Casabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Or perhaps he's Gwodinning it. I'm not entirely sure whether or not he intended to make a spelling mistake.
I suspect it was rather deliberate.
________
Medical marijuana card

Last edited by Casabamelon; 04-04-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I'd forgotten about that one, I have to admit.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ahh, this is cleared up at last:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Rob Trotter on Twitter
Any chance you could clear up Sulin in The Gathering Storm? Was her appearance a typo or deliberate (Varied answers exist on the web?)
Brandon
Sure, you guys deserve an answer on this one.
Brandon
Sulin began life as a simple typo. When I saw it, I shrugged, and had a good reason. Maria thought that reason would not work.
Brandon
So we decided to retcon it out. Mistake was mine all along. Really nothing special to report there, I'm afraid.

Or at least, it should be. LOL. Wouldn't be surprised if some still insisted on arguing that it was not an error.