art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > Bug Reports
User Name
Password

Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Communist reputation

I tried to give Terez some rep, and found that the only option available is "I approve." (Which I did, but still...)

I find this amusing, but is reputation even turned on? It would be nice to have the ability to give negative rep to...er...certain posters.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I've been trying to talk Tam into allowing neg rep for a while now...good luck. I think I just convinced him to allow Younglings to rep though...

hmm....your rep showed up as neutral rep rather than green rep. I think that's because you don't have any rep power yet. Tam's test rep showed up as green.

I think we should fix it to display rep in each post, too. There's no point in having the system activated if you can't see it. Well, you still see your rep messages - that's cool - but the numbers in the posts would be nice too. It's a fun game, even with neg rep activated (in my experience, it's rarely used, even though you can give it anonymously).

Last edited by Terez; 05-27-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Elder

caladanbrood will become famous soon enoughcaladanbrood will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to caladanbrood

Elitist rep barely ever works. I've had experience with the system on other boards, and unless you give all options to everyone, it falls apart pretty quickly.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Youngling

Gandelail is on a distinguished road
Smile

I'd like to rep...

thanks for your work on behalf of us Younglings terez!

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."
"It's only a weave, Egwene."
Old 05-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

How come I can't see my own rep? What is going on here?!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Youngling

if you go into user CP it's underneath your subscribed threads.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Because Tam can't figure out how to make it show in the posts. Yet.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

I found it. It's not where I was expecting it to be....but that makes it more interesting.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

I only have 12 points, though...according to the thing...and brood says he's got 29. That's messed up, since I'm the only one that's repped him!
Old 05-27-2008, 03:06 PM
Youngling

@ crispy for some random reason that I don't know...

haha
Old 05-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

actually, rep is right below your post count....

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 05-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok
actually, rep is right below your post count....
hmmm... "Sarevok is on a distinguished road" ...

Old 05-27-2008, 03:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

hmmmm....I don't see it! Maybe it's a setting in user CP somewhere...

Oh, you're talking about the green squares. I'm talking about this (example):

Old 05-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Youngling

hover over the little green block and the alternate text for the image will show you your rep status, but no explicit definition (rep power = 30) yet here in this forum

Last edited by Gandelail; 05-27-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

Yes, I know. At Malazan, mine says "Rep-Whore".
Old 05-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

It's a little red (or possibly green, in extreme cases) box. If you float your cursor over it, then it gives a comment like "Terez is on a distinguished road". That is probably inaccurate: driving and posting shouldn't be combined. Much safer to do it from inside your home, or something like that.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

All you farts need to look at my example. ^^^^
Old 05-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
It's a little red (or possibly green, in extreme cases) box. If you float your cursor over it, then it gives a comment like "Terez is on a distinguished road". That is probably inaccurate: driving and posting shouldn't be combined. Much safer to do it from inside your home, or something like that.
@Gonzo - maybe terez is not driving and posting... maybe she's posting while tied to the roof of a car? Or... maybe she's posting after she out on the side of that distinguished road? hahaha

Last edited by Gandelail; 05-27-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

See?

Old 05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Elder

irerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really niceirerancincpkc is just really nice

That's great.

You don't need much to be on a distinguished road; I just joined and I'm crusing on it!