art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 06-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future
Default Hey

Hi there TL. I'm a long time lurker, and when I say long time, I'm talking like 8 years on and off. I love the site you guys have here, and I have no idea why it's taken me so long to actually make an account, but I just thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm very well versed in WoT lore, have read all the books several times and I'm familiar with just about all of the major theories. So... nice to meet you.

P.S. Graendal killed Asmodean. It's obvious.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Nice user name. Welcome.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Well hello Abbey! I lurked for a while too before signing up, but not quite as long as you!

Since you have lurked for a while, you should blend in nicely. Knowing the personalities ahead of joining definitely helps, I found

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 06-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Love the user name...it lends itself to the obvious avatar to go with it.

I agree about Graendal...Welcome!!!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm no stranger to the site, but I would always just read the theories to get a little extra insight to add to my own crazy theories. Anyways, it got to the point where I was too frustrated with some of the dialog and decided to make an account to add my voice to the debates.

I've probably picked a bad time to join up, with most of the horses already flogged way beyond death, rebirth, and reanimation, but at least there might be some good discussion when the new book comes out this fall. Plus I have some theories of my own I would love to get some feedback on.

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Wow... a real new user!! I think we haven't had one of those in months... :|

Welcome

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 06-25-2009, 05:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Could be a real clever spam bot, of course.

If Graendal tried to sell you a fake Rolex, would you buy or not?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

welcome abbey *waves*
Old 06-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Elder

Quote:
If Graendal tried to sell you a fake Rolex, would you buy or not?
Depends, of course, on the price and quality of the Folex. And if she was wearing that flimsy, see-through AoL streith gown.

Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Abbey. Have you ever considered giving the love of fire a place in your soul?

*Sets himself on fire*

Good Me, I've missed this.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to TL, ~insert stolen welcome here...I thinks me I stole it from JWB?~ Straitjackets are to the left, insanity wards are down the hall and to the right (second door, don't enter the first, that's Room 101). Ignore the crookedjackets, those haven't been touched since JWB's intro, IIRC.

Good to see you already know the ropes. I would have to wish you good luck otherwise. And I like to keep what little of that I have to meself, heh

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 06-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Elder

Quote:
Welcome Abbey. Have you ever considered giving the love of fire a place in your soul?
Who isn't a pyro at heart? Fortunately for my well-being, my fascination with fire is just a visual fetish, and I haven't burned anything *significant* down... yet.

Although I do burn all my useless med school notes in a giant bonfire after the end of each year. Quite satisfying.

Abraham Lincoln

Old 06-26-2009, 12:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you don't need to set yourself on fire to be a Friend of the Flame. Just me. Or just roast whatever happens to take your fancy on me.

Which reminds me: Brita! Have I promoted you to Firelady yet?
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 06-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

*sings*

And so I quit the p'lice department
And got myself a steady job
And though she tried her best to help me
She could steal, but she could not rob...
Old 06-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Elder

Quote:
Didn't anybody tell her?
Didn't anybody see?
Sunday's on the phone to Monday
Tuesday's on the phone to me
Oh yeah
God, I love my life. And Terez, you have good taste in music. Are you studying any music theory or are you a musician, because I've never met anyone quoting She Came In Through The Bathroom Window who didn't know what they were talking about musically.

EDIT: Spelling, again. I'm sure there are many grammar policemen among you all.

Abraham Lincoln

Old 06-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeyRoad
God, I love my life. And Terez, you have good taste in music. Are you studying any music theory or are you a musician, because I've never met anyone quoting She Came In Through The Bathroom Window who didn't know what they were talking about musically.

EDIT: Spelling, again. I'm sure there are many grammar police among you guys.
Yes she is. Don't inflate her head anymore than you have to though

Old 06-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ha, yes I'm studying music theory, and yes, the second side of Abbey Road is only for the hard core fans, lol. Though I want to say that the second side of Abbey Road is what MADE me such a hard core fan...
Old 06-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Yes she is. Don't inflate her head anymore than you have to though
Hmph, it's impossible to deflate my head, so there's no harm in it.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
Hmph, it's impossible to deflate my head, so there's no harm in it.
Maybe a good sharp dart or two thrown just right...

Old 06-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

It's been tried. It didn't work.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen