art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice
Default New News about GW2

Hey all,

Last week I promised you’d get your first glimpse of Guild Wars 2 “very soon now”. That day is almost here.

I want to thank all our fans for their patience as we developed the game to the point where we can start talking about it publically. I know you’ve all been anxiously awaiting this moment. You’ll soon understand how ambitious we’ve been and what we’ve accomplished during these past two years of development. We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but from here on out we’ll be able to provide you with more regular updates.

Guild Wars 2 is going to be a huge leap beyond the original. We have the best team in the industry executing at the top of their game, and I’m very proud of what our team has accomplished so far. As I said last week, I’m confident that when you get your first look at what we’ve been working on, you’re going to love what you see. Stay tuned for an exciting week ahead.

--Mike O'Brien 20:31, 17 August 2009 (UTC)

Link to the new GW2 site. Atm is just the logo. http://www.guildwars2.com/
Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Cryptic for sure.

I wonder if they are going for next-gen like graphics, ala Assassin's Creed, as has been recently rumored over at n4g.

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

Anet is at the Game Con in Cologne,Germany. Most likely they will release info about GW2 then. August 19th through the 23rd is the convention.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodas
Cryptic for sure.

I wonder if they are going for next-gen like graphics, ala Assassin's Creed, as has been recently rumored over at n4g.

I dunno about what sort of rumors are going on at N4G. However it has been stated that GW2 will have better graphics but not out of the realm for machines that are about 3 to 4 years old. Also stated that GW2 will be able to use DX 10.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

That'll be nice. We know we'll need to upgrade, just don't want to upgrade THAT much.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 08-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Elder

Thursday is the day we get to see a trailer and possibly more news about GW2.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by czymann
Thursday is the day we get to see a trailer and possibly more news about GW2.
It sounds like you're as rabidly following GW2 as I'm following Star Trek Online.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Elder

123seem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to 123seem

we are..
Old 09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Elder

Anet is at PAX. They will be releasing youtube vids and more info about GW2. As I find more info and links to vids I shall post them here.
Mursaat will be returning. Been stated that not right away but we will see them in GW2 at some point.
Apparently the devs are having a lot of fun jumping off cliffs without the damage mechanics at the moment.
A question was dodged about there being 'boats' in GW2. Said that was for gameplay discussions. Sounds like boats can be used for battles? Man the cannons!

Last edited by czymann; 09-04-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Elder

One of the more well known Guru members attended PAX and he and others asked a few questions considering GW2.
He heard an answer about will jumping ,sliding or other actions affect skills. The answer was that they had to scrap that idea because of severe latency issues. However jumping ,sliding and other actions will still be in the game but will not be part of combat actions.
Also there will be skill combos in the game. Sounds like they are staying with what they have now in GW just more refined and with less skills.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Elder

Classes will not be race restricted. Races will have some race specific skills but can be any class.
Guns will not be restricted. Any race can use them.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Elder

Confirmed that the Norn can shape change into 4 spirit forms. Wolf,Raven,Bear and Snow Leopard.
Characters can actually walk in to buildings.
The air ships we saw in the video. Can walk inside them too.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Elder

Apparently difficult levels will depend on party size and most likely levels of the characters. Which means large scale raids possible.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Elder

Default More New Info

Interesting stuff.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ons-t1336.html
Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Elder

More news.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ook-t1391.html
Old 09-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

now it just needs to be released

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury