art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 08-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future
Default Howdy

Hi everyone. I'm new here on TL, but I've been a lurker on various WoT boards, newsgroups, blogs, etc for about 10 years now. I keep seeing postings and theories from TL show up, so I decided to finally bite the bullet and join you all over here.

I started reading WoT 10 years ago, right after PoD came out in paperback. I currently have WH, CoT, and KoD in hardback and the rest in paperback, so that more than anything should tell you how long I've been in the fandom. I just finished my first reread (yes, I know), and I'm just biding my time until the end of October (my oldest daughter turns 3 on 10/26)... j/k, but I hope I can carve out a few days between her birthday and our annual Halloween party to do justice to the new tome.

Nice to meet you all, and I hope to come up with a few theories on my own, since most of my thoughts have already been well hashed and rehashed by this time.

Ciao.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to TL!!!

I hope you stick around as its quite a nice board to discuss WoT on among other things.

So, can you explain the bowls?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!!!!!

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 08-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Welcome to Theoryland! Please ignore the current snarkiness over on the Non-WoT. And come join us in the lovely chat!

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 08-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitte
Welcome to Theoryland! Please ignore the current snarkiness over on the Non-WoT. And come join us in the lovely chat!
Yeah, we play nice with new members...don't worry about any of that affecting you as a Youngling. Its an old disagreement.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93
Welcome to TL!!!

I hope you stick around as its quite a nice board to discuss WoT on among other things.

So, can you explain the bowls?
It's a holdover from my IRC nick in college. My friend was feeling asexual, said she felt like a bowl, so all of us sitting in the computer lab next to each other (but only talking via IRC like the proper geeks that we were) promptly changed our nicks to something bowlish in order to properly mock her. Mine stuck.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlwoman
My friend was feeling asexual, said she felt like a bowl
Well, I gotta say, you guys must not have the good bowls.

Hi! Welcome to Theoryland.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to TL. Have fun, post often. Ignore the current...fire...going on between some of the members. It'll pass in time.

So tell us about yourself. Favorite book? Favorite character? Favorite moment of the book? Favorite Ajah? Favorite real-life band/musical genre? If ya wanna add anything else in, feel free. If you wanna add more personal stuff, like your name, etc, feel free as well.

Don't be scared by the eventual hi-jacking of this thread. Just post and try to jump in on the fun, nobody really knows what they're talking about in the newbie boards anyways, so don't fear feeling out of place, or on the outside of the in-jokes.

Also, I suggest that you suggest a shorter nick...otherwise I'm sure someone else will. Not that your name is too long, we just like nicknames here. I will answer to either Mato or Matoyak. (Pronunciation is "Muh-toe-yak") (the Muh is silent 'h', so it sounds like mu from the word mud.)
The short version Mato is pronounced M-a-toe (the 'a' pronounced like apple)

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras

Last edited by Matoyak; 08-28-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

Yes, Mato - but how the heck would you shorten "Bowlwoman?" "Bowls?" "Owl?" Hmmm - I rather like "Owl."

I dub thee "Owl" -- until someone overrides me, anyway.

Welcome to our happy madhouse, Owl. If you spend any time looking through our existing threads, you'll find we are a very mixed bunch - with LOTS of padded (but still sharp) corners and the occasional snark lurking in the deep end. But, for the most part, we get along pretty well and enjoy arguing with each other.

I look forward to the answers to Mato's questions, and can't wait to see some new threads from a fresh angle.
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 08-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworiverswoman
Yes, Mato - but how the heck would you shorten "Bowlwoman?" "Bowls?" "Owl?" Hmmm - I rather like "Owl."

I dub thee "Owl" -- until someone overrides me, anyway.
I was thinking "Bwoman" almost like Bowman. But Owl works for me. How about we see if she likes it before we hoist it on 'er, eh?

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 08-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Hi, welcome to TL. Yes we have some wacky theories that none of the other sites really talk about much but we talk about until we are sick of them.

I'm not sick of Lews Therin, but everyone else is I think.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Bowlwoman

shush everyone, don't scare her away, it's been so long since we last had a real newbie who stuck around...

*doesn't move*

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 08-28-2009, 04:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlwoman
Nice to meet you all, and I hope to come up with a few theories on my own, since most of my thoughts have already been well hashed and rehashed by this time.
Don't worry about that. If you mention them to us, then I'm sure we can unhash them in short order. We have quite effective unhashing algorithms here.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Hmm, your theories might not be so hashed as you think. I've noticed that there is little enough traffic between the major WoT forums that each site has a few ideas that the other sites don't talk about much.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

*borrows shocks accent*
*peers through the plastic plant*
*whispers*
Oi, here we have the theorylander in her natural habitat, notice faint odors of smugness and beer.
When they get all riled up you can see their feathers getting all ruffled. Lets see if i can get them all mad.

*shouts*
Oi. LTT is neither a construct or a real voice, its plant by the creator! Goodkind is the best author ever! the iraq war was both good and nessesary! Healthcare is only for the elite and most wealthy! Dav is cool! The Dutch are evil! Greandal killed Rahvin! Olver is Gaidal cain!

*ignores everyone else and goes back to whispering*
Notice how they immediately try to counter with logic, if i were to counter this arguement with stubborness watch them attack my education, and then my dedication. oh this is facinating.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, Owl! I kinda like that nick, Tru.

Don't let the current in-fighting on the Non-WoT scare you off, please. Like a group of close-knit siblings, we squabble. (Or perhaps like a group of carrion crows over a carcass, I'm not sure.)

I'm Gilshalos. I'm called "Gil" for short. (Pronounced "Jill.")

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

Let me officially welcome you to TL with out the Official Greet Bowl.... It is not coorperating at the moment But WELCOME

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 08-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela Sedai
Let me officially welcome you to TL with out the Official Greet Bowl.... It is not coorperating at the moment But WELCOME

I warn you i am not a good bowler.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 08-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

I rolled 220 one time....

Welcome B-owl-woman. Glad you are here. Agree with me on all my fabulous points and you will do fine.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
I was thinking "Bwoman"
I keep thinking that says BO Woman, which probably isn't the best nickname ever.

Welcome to Theoryland, bowlwoman