art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/08 - 09/09
User Name
Password

Old 08-30-2009, 02:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon
Default Wotmania closes, Readandfindout.com opens

Well, the day has finally come - Wotmania is closing its doors after August 31st, and Readandfindout.com has just opened its doors for business. Here's hoping that RAFO moves on to bigger and better things than even Wotmania was able to dream of.

It's a good group of people - the only community I've been a part of as long as I've been here. If you come check us out, you'll see me posting over there as Craig.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 08-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

wait a minute...you're a dude?

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future

It's true.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

From what I understand, most of the book scholars from Wotmania won't be posting at the new site.

Edit: Dom is lurking here now, but he's not viewing this thread - he's viewing threads on General.

Last edited by Terez; 08-30-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Ancient

Kurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud of

Why the change?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

The webmaster of Wotmania lost interest in WoT years ago, and finally decided to close down the site. The site Bela linked is one that some of the members have started. Some other members decided to start this blog instead, and hopefully they will be congregating here when the new book comes out.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Ancient

Kurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud of

Cool. Never really frequented anywhere but here anyway.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I see, so you didn't disappear on me for another online AS. I don't know which hurts more, being abandoned for someone, or being abandoned for no one....

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 08-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita
Oh, I see, so you didn't disappear on me for another online AS. I don't know which hurts more, being abandoned for someone, or being abandoned for no one....
LOL...ouch.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Ancient

No one compares to you, my Dear.

You shone too bright and I was not tough enough to meet the challenge.

So I retired temporarily from TL and learned some life lessons. Had many an epiphany. Wailed and cursed at the night, strode and endeavoured during the day. Have become fitter, happier, more productive. Have achieved Stage 5 at the Internets.

I'm a man now.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
The webmaster of Wotmania lost interest in WoT years ago, and finally decided to close down the site. The site Bela linked is one that some of the members have started. Some other members decided to start this blog instead, and hopefully they will be congregating here when the new book comes out.
This is true. Personally more of my interest is currently in the Sci-Fi and Fantasy Board, as I currently read other things far more than I do WoT. Hence my continued interest in the new site.

Though I must say I'm also heavily drawn to the TV & Movies Board. I am rather fond of movies.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz
No one compares to you, my Dear.

You shone too bright and I was not tough enough to meet the challenge.

So I retired temporarily from TL and learned some life lessons. Had many an epiphany. Wailed and cursed at the night, strode and endeavoured during the day. Have become fitter, happier, more productive. Have achieved Stage 5 at the Internets.

I'm a man now.
~~swoons~~

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 08-31-2009, 01:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

The format of the board is hideous. Takes forever just to read one thread. Is there a tree or hybrid layout that I can switch to?

"Nice try, Jack!" - Robert Jordan (to Camel)
"Camel must be the coolest TLer ever, by now." -GLotD

A grilled cheese eaten more than five minutes later is just no good. -Crispin

Old 08-31-2009, 01:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUCamel
The format of the board is hideous. Takes forever just to read one thread.
Good, they'll feel right at home then.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

Quote:
Looks like I may need to write a script of some kind to reformat that to something more readable. If it's even possible. Yeesh.

"Nice try, Jack!" - Robert Jordan (to Camel)
"Camel must be the coolest TLer ever, by now." -GLotD

A grilled cheese eaten more than five minutes later is just no good. -Crispin

Old 08-31-2009, 02:06 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I'm not even sure what that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUCamel
Looks like I may need to write a script of some kind to reformat that to something more readable. If it's even possible. Yeesh.
Oh, you kids with your linear-thread hangups.

I've never understood people who hate that kind of board layout. But, hey, to each their own.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon
I'm not even sure what that means.
It means that Wotmania's format was hideous, and that it took forever just to read one thread.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

Okay, now I've looked at it. It's EXACTLY like Wotmania. UGH.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Okay, now I've looked at it. It's EXACTLY like Wotmania. UGH.
Wah.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

I can't think of any advantage to that format at all.