art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Twin Tower RPG
User Name
Password

Old 05-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Ancient

NargsBrood will become famous soon enough
Default Twin Tower

is this a MUD? graphical MMORPG? thread based RPG?
Old 06-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

thread based, although it's been on life-support for quite a while now. :-\
Old 06-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Ancient

Would anyone be interested in experimenting with a MUD type format?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Ancient

What it would entail:

It's all text based. Basically we would create the world before we can play around in it. The game engine would keep track of player levels/experience, track your equipment/weapon/armor/potions for you.

You can make factions that can war with eachother.

We would need Builders who would like to create areas. Two Rivers, Tear, Stone of Tear, Tar Valon, The Waste.

The world is represented as thousands of rooms all connected to eachother. Each of the rooms can be connected using directions like North, South, East, West. When you enter a room it will list the room description, exits, and room contents(including players, non-player characters, and objects on ground).

When you create a room you write the text description of the room, create it's exits, doors, locked doors, keys to those doors, non-player characters(NPC), that NPC's equipment(weapon, armor), animals whatever.

We would need programers to maintain the game engine and shape it to fit WOT needs. They'd add new spells/skills, create new character classess and races.

I could be a coder and a builder.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

maybe it should be noted here that something like that already exists: wotmud.org

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 06-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

i'd be up for it.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Ancient

Does anyone here play wotmud? Ive never played it. There would be advantages and disadvantages to starting our own.

If we created our own-
Disadvantage: creating the world and modifying the code to suit our needs requires time
Advantage: we would have complete control over the world to be able to customize it the way we want it... run all desired changes through a Council so that no one person has complete control over the game.

Another option may be to ask wotmud for their source code. they started with someone elses codebase and may be willing to share the modified version they currently run or maybe a slightly outdated backup. I imagine though they would not be willing to do that.

Anaiya - If we did do it, would you like to be a coder and/or builder and/or player?

Last edited by NargsBrood; 06-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Problem: Most of the people interested in this type of thing are all playing Guild Wars.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Ancient

I guess that makes sense... thanks for squashing my life long dream Gil

Just looking for something to cure my boredom.

I dont have a fast enough internet connection at the moment to play any mmorpg's.

I went from a 26mbit down, 20mbit up fiber optic with almost ZERO latency to a 256k down, 56k up with unbearable latency satellite connection that costs twice as much.

Think of me in my time of need
I did play Elder Scrolls:Oblivion which only allows for single player. Did that for a few weeks but it got old fast. Great game though.

Maybe I'll go through warcraft2 again.

Unless... Does anyone have any suggestions for good single-player games?
Old 06-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Elder

caladanbrood will become famous soon enoughcaladanbrood will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to caladanbrood

PC only?

Total War, certainly
Old 06-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Bryan Blaire has disabled reputation

Nargs, I would say check out Neverwinter Nights and Neverwinter Nights 2. I haven't been involved with either game in a long time (used to mod for NWN1), but if they got all the bugs worked out of the Persistent World set ups, you might actually be able to find some pretty cool Persistent World stuff (mini-MMOs) that are based around WoT. Dunno how well the connection would work, but you might have fun playing either of those two games.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did play Elder Scrolls:Oblivion which only allows for single player. Did that for a few weeks but it got old fast. Great game though.
You should try Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It's earlier in the series so graphics aren't quite as good and the conversations are all text, but there are the three Houses and their quests, Imperial Legion quests, Imperial cult quests and Tribunal temple quests in addition to the four Guilds. Also the main quest ladder is longer and has a better plot. Besides the game has a strip club in it.

But if you want to take the MUD project further I can help in the design. I'm no good at coding, but I can design the character sheet and help on the game system rules
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 06-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

John Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really nice

If you like space games, Microsoft's Freelance is an oldie but very goodie.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:19 AM
Elder

caladanbrood will become famous soon enoughcaladanbrood will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to caladanbrood

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Snow
If you like space games, Microsoft's Freelance is an oldie but very goodie.
Assuming you mean Freelancer, seconded. It's an awesome game And virtually open-ended too, which helps it's playability.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:40 AM
Elder

Rune420 is on a distinguished road

Play the "old" Black Isle Bioware games.

They're all great; Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2.

Although, you'll probably have to buy most of those used, or download them.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Last month, I came across a Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 pack (both games + expansions) for €5 , I picked it up right away.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

Used to play a Wheel of Time MUD. Was kind of fun, but surprisingly time consuming. I might be interested in playing if someone would do all the coding/building... med school takes up just about all my spare time.

Wow, my inner geek is coming out.

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
— Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Frenzy and I may be sending out the rest of the "Keeper" plot via email. If you wish to read it, in progress, (not add in) please give us your address, below. No timeline on when we'll start finishing it up. So, if you've read up to the current point and want to know how it all ends, we'll write it up (the main actors, that is), and y'all can read it. Or the finished product will be on the fiction board.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

While waiting for these last 4 days to go by, I re-read the rescue of Katra from the Dawn Star thread. Good stuff!

Did it leave off there (us running off the docks, that is) or was there more?

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

There was more on the PhB board, but hamsters ate it.