art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): tevarttelli,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Elder

Wunderwaffe has a spectacular aura aboutWunderwaffe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Wunderwaffe
Default Hello, and Thank You

I've wanted to be a part of this community ever since I discovered it years ago. However, I found that I only had the time to read some of the theories and topics of discussion on this website, as opposed to doing that and participating in it first-hand. I made it a habit to check for any new theories and check up on the latest discussion at least a couple times a week to stay updated.

I'll never forget hearing about the Wheel of Time. "This series is vastly superior to the Lord of the Rings, you have to check it out!" Being a LotR fanatic, I was obviously skeptical, and even resistant to the notion that some work of fantasy literature could be superior to the archetypes of Tolkien. Surely, the LotR was in a category all by itself. Other fantasy authors simply aspired (unsuccessfully) to match Tolkien's work.

My reality was shattered upon reading tEotW on a flight from New York to San Francisco. (and during the layaways) I flew through the book. It had a breathtaking urgency to it, and I couldn't put it down. Fortunately, I'm one of those blessed with the ability to read during virtually any circumstances; car rides, airplanes, etc. without getting sick. I know quite a few people who get dizzy if they focus on a book while their body is subjected to alternating velocities.

Obviously, I read the rest of the series. I was either a Sophomore or Junior in High School at the time, and I did most of my reading during Journalism and Yearbook classes. (both blow offs) Initially I read the paperbacks, but had to splurge and buy the entire series in hard and soft cover. Barnes and Noble gift cards for Christmas for the win! Since reading the series through, a few developments have occurred; in my own life, and the life of the series. Robert Jordan wrote and released New Spring. I liked it. He also wrote and released Knife of Dreams -- an excellent book.

I was saddened, like all of you, by the death of Mr. James Oliver Rigney Jr. What an absolutely remarkable man. He is one of those who comes around once a generation. I will always respect the courage as well as the resoluteness he displayed by continuing to write the series even while diagnosed and suffering from that rare blood disease. Like many, if not all of you, I was relieved to hear that the Story would go on. I'm confident that Brandon Sanderson is the man for the job. From everything I've read and witnessed, the man had a profound respect for RJ, along with the Wheel of Time series. I was very pleased with the quality of Chapter One, and Chapter Two (I haven't read the Prologue) and am eagerly anticipating the release of The Gathering Storm.

I have already taken time off work, so when the book is released I'll have some gourmet coffee beans ready, and my Superautomatica will be churning out espressos. I plan on reading the book from start to finish, breaking only for biological necessities exempting sleep. Sleep is for the weak.

I was a bit apprehensive upon hearing that A Memory of Light would be split into three separate installments. At the same time, I was relieved upon hearing this. Ultimately, I came to the conclusion that this was a good idea because it would give the finale the opportunity to be fully fleshed-out, as opposed to being "rushed." I think we can all concede that we want the end to this series to be perfect and all indications point to this being the case.

I'm really excited about the riddle whose answer is "intuitively obvious even to the most casual of observers." I think we all have a surprise on the horizon concerning that little question. Time will tell. Once again, Thank You for this website, it has been a source of happiness for me for some time now. I can literally lose myself in all of the WoT content that this site contains.

Cheers,

Jon
Old 10-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

HI!!! (Just wanted to get that in first- now back to actually reading your introduction)

EDIT- on careful examination, I fully approve of your thoughtful, well written and WoT focused introduction. Welcome to TL Wunder!

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain

Last edited by Brita; 10-02-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Yay, an excited noob!

Welcome to Theoryland.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Honestly, I don't respond to newbie posts. Yours though... WELL DONE!

Welcome.
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Elder

Leanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderwaffe

I was saddened, like all of you, by the death of Mr. James Oliver Rigney Jr. What an absolutely remarkable man. He is one of those who comes around once a generation. I will always respect the courage as well as the resoluteness he displayed by continuing to write the series even while diagnosed and suffering from that rare blood disease.

Jon
So very true!

Again...welcome!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 PM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Welcome and thanks for giving us this forum to scare you.
I would extend to you an invitation to not only watch the WoT discussion boards but the Non-WoT as well. That way we can poke fun of your opinions. For there are many opinions on the Non_WoT board as there are ways to make Camel and Sini angry. Also there are pictures of cute girls, assuming you like looking at cute girls, assuming your a guy, this assumption comes from the fact that you have chosen spike and not faye as your avatar.
Also you will have to pay homage to me The Crown Prince of the Younglings....

p.s watch out for the other Z's chains ..... they chaffe
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 10-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Welcome to TL!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Anaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant futureAnaiya Sedai has a brilliant future

Welcome to TL, WW.. (being german, I would feel kinda weird calling you wunder )
Do take a seat, have some mead and enjoy the madness. You may want to invest in a fire extinguisher, and stay away from blackmarket fairy dust.
*waits impatiently to set Naz on fire*

btw, why's zan still a youngling?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Its not black market if the fairy lives in my house.

And Zan is still a Youngling because Zan was gone for a year and a half.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Nice post WW. Glad to have you on board.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 10-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Wilkommen, Wunder! (Yeah, Anaiya... Wunder makes me want to speak German, too... Which is always scary considering how awful my teacher was.)

Where in Michigan are you from, Jon, if you don't mind me asking? I used to live in Grand Rapids and we have a couple people here from East Michigan.

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 10-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful post! Welcome to the graduation from Lurking! So... uh... when were you in high school?

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 10-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL, Wunderwaffe!

My question: where did that nick come from? "miracle weapon"?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 10-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

I tried to edit this into my post, but the edit button isn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderwaffe in Bowlwoman's newb thread
I distinctly recall the prescence of Callandor and his wonderful ideas concerning the Lews Therin as a Construct theory.
WOW!! That's been a long period to lurk. That must have about 2 years?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset

Last edited by Sarevok; 10-02-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Yay, another believer! lol...
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to 1Powerslave Send a message via MSN to 1Powerslave Send a message via Yahoo to 1Powerslave

Welcome, Wunderwaffe! I hope your theories are as well versed as your introduction. Else, we'll let you know.

Your callsign reminds me about the term "Exotische Waffe". It's what me and my buddies used to exclaim when we for example picked up a Kalashnikov as counter terrorists or and AUG as terrorist in Counterstrike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti
Honestly, I don't respond to newbie posts. Yours though... WELL DONE!

Welcome.
Saucey is so far removed from newbie posts that, appearantly, the Wheel has turned.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

First off: Welcome to the boards. Hope you stay.

Extra-super bonus points for the avatar.

Been lurkin' since Cal came up with that LTT thing, eh?
Well, the straightjackets are in the corner. Do put one on, and join us, will ya? I'll be back to bother you with personal questions

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 10-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future

Welcome!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok
WOW!! That's been a long period to lurk. That must have about 2 years?
Actually, it's been more than three years. I joined Theoryland about three years ago, and Callandor's 'Lews Therin is a Construct' theory was posted a few months before that.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default What a second...

First RS graduates...and what, Marie has been here three years! Wtf is going on! Wait...my third (and final) child turns three in a few days...okay, this is all starting to make sense to me now.

Marie - that's awesome, three years, thanks for being a part of TL.

Note to Wunderwaffe - glad you are joining us in more than spirit. I anticipate a significant influx of old and new users over the next few months.

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 10-03-2009 at 01:42 AM.