art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default KoD major Asmodean clue

Hi Everyone. I haven't read a post in three years since KoD first came out, so even if you've seen this before, it's new to me.

KoD prologue, in the White Tower:

"Calculating with Radun's Standard of Deviation, the rate is eleven times what it should be," Astrelle said in tight tones. "Furthermore, this must indicate the intervention of the Shadow-"

Tesan cut her off, beaded braids clicking as she shook her head. "The Shadow, yes, but Radun's Standard, it is outdated. You must use Covanen's First Rule of Medians, and calculate separately for rotting meat and rotten. The correct answers, as I said, are thirteen and nine. I have not yet applied it to the flour or the beans and the lentils, but it seems intuitively obvious-"

Astrelle swelled up, and since she was a plump woman with a formidable bosom, she could swell impressively. "Covanen's First Rule?" she practically spluttered, breaking in. "That hasn't been properly proven yet. Correct and proven methods are always preferable to slipshod..."

Jordan is giving a clue to Asmodean's killer. The "intuitively obvious" is to draw our attention. The rotting meat is the number of original Forsaken: 13. The rotten meat is the number of Forsaken who were alive to kill Asmodean: 9. You can only get nine if Ishamael has already been ressurected as Moridin. Don't be a stodgy old Radun's Standard user, all the hip kids use Covanen's First Rule.

In summary: Moridin Killed Asmodean. For further details see my 22-page Moridin killed Asmodean Theory somwhere in the archives, I hope.

It's good to be back. (Can I get my Hero of the Horn rank back?)
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Welcome back!

This one s/b fun...

~ puts on shades on the ESC to watch the flames ~

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 10-07-2009, 10:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

OMG, it's him again. Someone hide Felix!

If you PM Nae'blis he/she/it will fix your rank.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Whipping boy!!! POUNCE!!!

waitaminute... you come back with an Asmo post?!!? And a minisculy nit-picky one to boot?!!!?!?

ye gods i think i've missed you

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 10-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Well hot damn, all the oldies from my Youngling days are coming back! All that is missing is Cal and A Dragonburned Fool...

Welcome back, even if it was a Asmo post that brought ya back

At any rate, everyone knows it is intuitively obvious to the casual observer that Asmo was killed by Bela for cheating on her with Stepper, and that the only reason the DO couldn't retrieve it was that he feared Bela's retribution...hell hath no fury like woman scorned and all that.

I mean sheesh, how could anyone believe anything different?

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 10-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
OMG, it's him again. Someone hide Felix
Aye, aye "Mistress of Quotes"

Isn't it sooo obviously Verin manipulated Graendal to off Asmo? LOL...not.

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com
Old 10-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixPax
Aye, aye "Mistress of Quotes"

Isn't it sooo obviously Verin manipulated Graendal to off Asmo? LOL...not.
Ironically, GLotD is known for his wacky theories, but he is the anti-champion of your faction.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:01 AM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Ironically, GLotD is known for his wacky theories, but he is the anti-champion of your faction.
Chuckle, GLotD hasn't seen the revealed truths of Verin's wickedness fully enough!

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com
Old 10-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lord of the Dark

In summary: Moridin Killed Asmodean.
Just one question. How would Asmo have known it was Moridin/Ishamael since he definetly knew his killer? All the other Forsaken were never told it was really Ishamael, they had to guess from picking up hints about it. I doubt Asmo, especially after going over to the light, or so the Forsaken think, would be told beforehand that Ishamael had been resurrected as Moridin.

Of all the Forsaken, Moridin is at the bottom of the list of suspects just because of that reason.

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 10-08-2009, 04:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

But Asmodean was the only stage performer of the lot. Merely donning a wig or a set of false teeth (or another body) isn't going to fool him. He has seen artists don much weirder things, and he still knew which one was supposed to play the bass and which was merely there to shift heavy crates around.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Holy hand granade! It's the Whipping Boy! Tarmon Gaidon is surely upon us, now!

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 10-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah, I was thinking it had been about 4 years. He hasn't been around since I was noobish, maybe elderish. With the exception of once he showed up a couple of years ago, on Non or something. Maybe it was when RJ died. Don't recall.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

It must be less that 4 years. I've seen him post before, so probably more like 3 years.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 10-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Welcome back, GL.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Huh...I dun remember joining that faction. Been long enough I have forgotten all the evidence for or against Verin...All the "evidence" not posted by Felix that is... And when will the main page/faction page be updated to match our correct ranks?

Old 10-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Eventually.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Eventually.
RAFO?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default It gets crazier!

The answers are 13 and 9.

13 and 9!

13 = M = Moridin
9 = I = Ishamael

!!!

In response to Mort re: proof/recognition (what, you don't like Covanen's First Rule?), I believe this is not a clue of the "proof" type, but of the "RJ is blatantly telling you who it is because he wants to join in the Asmo fun!" An author's Easter egg, if you will.

I love this game!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

I always thought it was RJ's way of making fun of us. Everyone thinks their Asmodean theory is the most logical one.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I always thought it was RJ's way of making fun of us. Everyone thinks their Asmodean theory is the most logical one.
Not even ~I~ think the one I claim to follow is logical.

Tags
asmodean, moridin killed asmodean