art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel
Default Sick and tired of this discussion, so lets end it

Shall we formulate a couple of questions to Brandon, Maria, Alan and Harriet about this issue? Than we finally get an answer. Or perhaps not,but at least we asked them.

For the real position: (be free to add more questions)
1. Was the voice of LTT that Rand heard authentic in the way that it would have responded the same as LTT would have?

2. How come Rand felt more integrated in TAR?

3. How was it possible in the FOH, that Rand would have become LTT if he would have gone with Lanfear?

4. Did Rand have control over the voice?

I will have to think about more questions.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Were there not enough threads for this already?

I would love to discuss some other stuff, honestly.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 10-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

All of those points, every single one, have been argued against by at least one person in multiple threads. And you haven't responded to any of those responses. Instead, you continually assert that LTT is "authentic" when the word authentic actually means "of unquestionable origin", of which LTT is certainly not.

I don't get it. Do you want to debate, or just shout at everyone that "LTT is authentic! I just know it!"?

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold

This thread is not a discussion thread. It's meant for questions we can ask to proof, disproof these theories.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:00 AM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

Is the "LT" in Rand's head a construct resulting from the stress of coping with receiving memories from a previous life, or is it a sentient, independent consciousness that was transferred to Rand from the from his previous incarnation of the Age of Legends?*

* obviously RJ/BS did not intend on directly answering this question, but rather leaving it to the reader to use evidence from the book to make up his/her own damn mind. You can try BS, but don't be surprised if the answer is R-RAFO (re-read and find out).

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:44 AM
Ancient

Neilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant future

I agree.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

I would suggest asking the following question:

Is the "LT" in Rand's head a construct resulting from the stress of coping with receiving memories from a previous life?

The other question is interpretation of the real theory that is incorect.

Think of questions like: Did LTT voice objections Rand couldn't voice himself, or stuff like that.

Try to ask questions about your own faction, not about others.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeyRoad
Instead, you continually assert that LTT is "authentic" when the word authentic actually means "of unquestionable origin", of which LTT is certainly not.
You've said that before. However, authentic means:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiktionary
Adjective
authentic

1 Of the same origin as claimed; genuine.
The experts confirmed it was an authentic signature.
2 Conforming to reality and therefore worthy of trust, reliance, or belief.
The report was completely authentic.
3 (obsolete) Having authority.

Synonyms
(of the claimed origin): genuine, real; bonafide, bona fide; unfaked
(conforming to fact): reliable, trustworthy, credible, unfaked
Antonyms
(not of the claimed origin): phony, fake; ingenuine

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 10-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I would suggest asking the following question:

Is the "LT" in Rand's head a construct resulting from the stress of coping with receiving memories from a previous life?
I would suggest saying 'the voice of Lews Therin' to make sure it's clear. But it's not only the stress of coping with the memories, but also Rand's reluctance to accept the responsibility for the Kinslaying, and the Breaking (another thing we have harped on).

Tags
integration, lews therin