art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): schwassfore,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 11-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Youngling

thisiscooling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi, I am new

I am 21, my name is Caitlin, and I have been reading WOT since I was 10.

Happy to be here! Nice to meet y'all!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Firseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Firseal

Um. Okay, I am apparently first. Welcome aboard, its nice to have you, we'll get the more effusive members over to greet you momentarily.

We're a pretty esoteric group here (despite, apparently, landing on a book jacket) but we are always interested in having new folk join in the discussions.

"You don't have to convince me you have a point. You have to convince me you have a viable one."

"A candle at noon means nothing
A candle at midnight, everything."
Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Howdy!

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 AM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future

Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself, so I promise at least I won't bite.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the forums. Do tell us about thyself.
(All questions are optional)
What is your favorite character? Book? Color? Number? Food? Flavor of Gum?
What is your country of origin? If US, what state?
What book had just released when you started reading?
Are you going to get an avatar and sig?
What is the story behind your name?
Add any other things that you feel like adding
Also, feel free to ask questions about us folks yourself.
The insanity wards are down the hall, first door to the right. Come join us in there, it's a fun time. >:}

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Hi Caitlin, and welcome to Theoryland.

Are you from the south? Just curious cause of the 'y'all'...
Old 11-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Welcome to TL.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to TL!

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

I believe 10 is too young to be reading WoT its good and all that you could read it at that age but I think, especially when you get to books 2-12 that they become a little too adult for a 10 year old.

Salutations I am the Crown Prince of Younglings and I welcome you and your pledge to serve me. As part of your oath of fealty you will receive one vial of Fairy dust shaken out of a real fairy, you will also will get one free ride on bela, also you will be awarded the special knowledge of who to be wary of... such as stay away from the dragon.

If you are 21 are you in college or university? If so what is your major.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings and Welcome to Theoryland!!!

Hope you stick around

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL, Caitlin!

*sets Naz on fire*
Although he's not around that much, anymore...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini
I believe 10 is too young to be reading WoT its good and all that you could read it at that age but I think, especially when you get to books 2-12 that they become a little too adult for a 10 year old.
I would say that depends on the 10 year old.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Well I was playing with Tonka trucks when I was 10.
the only Z

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 11-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I was reading stupid books when I was 10, but if I'd had WoT I would have gobbled it up.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
Rigney began writing the first volume, The Eye of the World, in 1984 and it was published in February 1990.
Hmmm I was 11 when EotW came out... So I suppose it would have been possible for me to read it.
the only Z

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

The Greatest Thread
Old 11-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Firseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Firseal

I had Agatha Christie read to me when I was four. I could read H. G. Wells at 10, and did, for fun.

WoT isn't that big of a leap, and if I wasn't scarred by Ten Little Indian Boys or War of the Worlds, anyone properly prepared should be able to take The Eye of the World.

"You don't have to convince me you have a point. You have to convince me you have a viable one."

"A candle at noon means nothing
A candle at midnight, everything."
Old 11-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Welcome to the Insanity, Caitlin! You should go visit Sarevok in the chatroom! He's all lonely and the TCA is just too busy to entertain him. I know I'm barely there these days. Just sad for the Queen, but whatcanyado? Stupid Real Life. Pretending it's important.

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 11-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome, Caitlin! I'm RS.

And I only bite if you ask nicely.
and you were tasty!-Brita
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 11-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Hi Caitlin,

Welcome to Theoryland. Hope you find a home in here as so many of us have over the years...but don't let that intimidate you. Some of these folks have only been here a few months and they already feel like family.

Ok...this is feeling to much like a Greeting and I dont do that anymore.

Slack Greeters....somebody should take some pride in her work....

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 11-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini
Hmmm I was 11 when EotW came out... So I suppose it would have been possible for me to read it.
I wasn't born yet when EotW came out. But I did start reading WoT when I was about 11 or 12. I joined TL at age 13. (And rereading the books years later I began to wonder how I ever understood them at all back then.)

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras