art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): lschullarma,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 11-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future
Default Hi

I posted already in the Gathering Storm forum, but I thought I'd make a post here and introduce myself.

If I were more awake, I'd post in haiku form. That used to be a gag I used when posting on internet forums.

Anyway, about me. I'm 24, live in Minnesota, and work for a pretty well known medical institution. I graduated from college with two degrees in political science and mathematics, and I'm using the one I got out of prudence and not the one I was more interested in at the time. Funny how things work out.

I've been reading the WoT series since I was 14, so ten years. I have to admit I've only skim-read books 8 and 9. I only have a functional grasp of the books on an individual character level basis, but I have a pretty good handle on big picture stuff. I'm hoping to buff up my knowledge of the more intricate things, but I kind of hate getting bogged down in mundane details. So, we'll see what happens. I'm not terribly confrontational (yay Minnesota nice!), and a lot of what I have to say are just ideas I've had or thought about. I don't have many defensible ideas at this point, but maybe I will try to focus on that as well.

The most interesting thing about me is that I'm colorblind, but that's not the whole story. When I was 14 (wow, weird how that works out), I told a girl I met that I was colorblind in a pathetic attempt to make her think I was cool or unique or something. It worked, and we actually ended up going on a few dates and became really close friends. The thing was, at the time I told her, I wasn't colorblind. I have a rare version of red-green colorblindness which is acquired over time, not present at birth. So if any of you post in colors, please know that you're forcing me to highlight the text and copy/paste it to a Word document. And that's annoying.

That's all the personal stuff I can think of. I'm an interesting person, I think, and I hope I can stick around and enjoy the community.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

We only have one person here that posts in colors, and he apparently only continues to do it because he doesn't care whether or not you read his posts. So, no worries!

Welcome to Theoryland.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Howdy!

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Welcome to the Insanity!

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 11-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light

Who posts in colors? Besides my sister's signature, of course.
and you were tasty!-Brita
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 11-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSavior
Who posts in colors? Besides my sister's signature, of course.
Purple Dragon. However, he unfortunately doesn't post nearly as much as he should so you don't have to worry about that all that much.

Welcome to the forums. Do tell us about yerself.
(All questions are optional)
What is your favorite character? Book? Color? Number? Food? Flavor of Gum? Genre of music?
What book had just released when you started reading? (I could figure this out from the info you gave, but I'm too lazy for that )
Are you going to get an avatar and sig?
What is the story behind your name? Rearrangement of the leftmost keys on the home row?
Add any other things that you feel like adding
Also, feel free to ask questions about us folks yourself. (Most of us will be happy to answer)
The insanity wards are down the hall, first door to the right. Come join us in there, it's a fun time. <insert evil emote here>

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras

Last edited by Matoyak; 11-05-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Welcome And Greetings
Madness Will Soon Overwhelm
The Crown Prince Am I

If the other Z
Ever does her job greeting
Beware of the Chains

The Non-Wot board, great
emotions boil and bubble
its all in good fun
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread

Last edited by Zanguini; 11-05-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is slightly color blind. However, according to the government, there's no such thing as slight.

Welcome to the boards! Uh.. we're gonna need something to call you that's not quite as odd. FD?

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

I think his name henceforth shall be...ColorBlind
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
Welcome to the boards! Uh.. we're gonna need something to call you that's not quite as odd. FD?
Considering the fact that he Foretold his own color blindness, we could call him Nicola.

Which brings up the question: are there any Asha'man with the Foretelling?
Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL!!

*sets Naz on fire*

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL!!

*sets Naz on fire*

Old 11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

double firing
the only Z

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 11-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini
double firing
Hmpf... First it eats my post... then decides to post it afterall.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
What is your favorite character? It varies, but I'll go with Logain. I'm a younger brother, so I can identify with what he must be feeling, and how awesome he's going to feel when he gets his promised "future glory". Redemption is sweet.

Book? Atlas Shrugged. Oh, you mean WoT? Either Great Hunt or Fires of Heaven.

Color? Ha. Blue!

Number? 2. It's the only even prime number.

Genre of music? I'm a music junkie, so this is always hard for me. I'll go with the generic "metal" genre, although that's kind of a vague answer.

What book had just released when you started reading? (I could figure this out from the info you gave, but I'm too lazy for that )

Um, I remember Crown of Swords was in the library in hard cover when I first heard of the books. I don't know if PoD was out at that point or not. I just remember that Eye of the World was never available to be checked out, and after waiting for a while to get it at the library I just bought it at the local bookstore.

I just checked Wikipedia for release dates, and it turns out that Winter's Heart had just been released. Weird.

Are you going to get an avatar and sig?

Yeah, sure. I'll get around to it eventually.

What is the story behind your name? Rearrangement of the leftmost keys on the home row?

Not really sure on this one. I remember I had to make up a name once and I hit the keyboard out of frustration. What I got was fdsaf, so I've kept it since then. It's lame, I know, but I'm a creature of habit. Plus it makes logging on to all the different forums and communities I'm a part of easier.
I answered in bold. I don't have any questions yet, but I'm sure once I poke around a bit more I'll come up with some.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Oh noooooooo, an Objectivist!

Are you a Tairy fan too?
Old 11-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Ancient

I object to a great many things too.

Is two a prime number? I thought it was always viewed as a special case. I've always been partial to 1.618 myself.
the only Z

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

The Greatest Thread

Last edited by Zanguini; 11-05-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini
I object to a great many things too.

Is two a prime number? I thought it was always viewed as a special case. I've always been partial to 1.618 myself.
Me Taer...me not know what prime number mean. Taer like 9. Me not like haiku either. Make Taer head hurt more than prime number do.

Political science...Atlas Shrugged...I bet T is having a fit right now!

Welcome to our house...have a beer and a smoke if that's your thing.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3
I answered in bold. I don't have any questions yet, but I'm sure once I poke around a bit more I'll come up with some.
Dun be shy, and dun think that they have to be WoT oriented.

So you like FoH as well? Sweet. (It's my second favorite, The Gathering Storm is my top)

Zan, yes two is a prime number. Def of Prime Number is "Anything that's factors are nothing other than one and itself." Two fits that definition.

If you must smoke as Taer suggested, please do so far away from me. (Secondhand smoke gives me a massive headache that on average lasts a good 3 or 4 hrs...and yes, I have timed it. I have had many an opportunity, my step-family smokes like fuckin' chimneys.)

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Ancient

Are those kinds of chimneys worse than the regular kind... I wouldnt know I have central heat and air
the only Z

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

The Greatest Thread