art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 11-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Youngling

Azure Skeith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Asmo murder/RJ quote

I've been perusing the RJ interviews, and found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ
Re: Asmodean - He reiterated why he isn't telling and that he has tried to place a few clues in the latter books. He said that if occasion permits in the last book and it seems appropriate, the character doing the deed will probably think to themselves about killing Asmodean. However he gave no guarantee. But he did say he will reveal Asmodean's killer if he doesn't in the book before the paperback of book 12 comes out. He also went on to mention that there is one website that gets it right, with a very complete listing of the suspects with motives and facts that gets it right. He wasn't going to tell us which one. He said they got the right why as well and they used only facts in prior to the murder. I later asked him if he could say when he found out about the website and he said he couldn't remember but it was quite some time ago.
I came across a website similar to theoryland a few years ago but gave up on it when I realized it wasn't being updated. It has a crazy complete theory on Asmo being murdered, 34 pages long when copied into a Word program (I did it just to check the length, not mess with copyright or any of that).

Anyway, it can be found by going to linuxmafia.com and clicking on 'Wheel of Time FAQ', then the table of contents section.

As anyone can see, I'm new here, so if people have gone over this before, which I'm sure they/you have, and already tried this then just say so then feel free to ignore it. Just wanted to put this out there in case.

"There is peace in the mother's last embrace." -Lan
Old 11-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Skeith
I've been perusing the RJ interviews, and found this:

I came across a website similar to theoryland a few years ago but gave up on it when I realized it wasn't being updated. It has a crazy complete theory on Asmo being murdered, 34 pages long when copied into a Word program (I did it just to check the length, not mess with copyright or any of that).

Anyway, it can be found by going to linuxmafia.com and clicking on 'Wheel of Time FAQ', then the table of contents section.

As anyone can see, I'm new here, so if people have gone over this before, which I'm sure they/you have, and already tried this then just say so then feel free to ignore it. Just wanted to put this out there in case.
Obviously, it's Graendal.

"Nice try, Jack!" - Robert Jordan (to Camel)
"Camel must be the coolest TLer ever, by now." -GLotD

A grilled cheese eaten more than five minutes later is just no good. -Crispin

Old 11-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Youngling

Default Intuitively so

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUCamel
Obviously, it's Graendal.
hmm... a simple statement of opinion masked as fact? or 34 pages of crazy in depth research pointing at Slayer being hired by Lanfear...?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Bela did it.
And oh no,...another Asmo thread. ~runs away screaming~

Not really. Though I will reiterate my statement that I will kill an ewok if it turns out that Lanny did it. I really don't know or care who did do it, so long as she did not.

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras
Old 11-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

JSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant futureJSUCamel has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to JSUCamel Send a message via MSN to JSUCamel Send a message via Yahoo to JSUCamel

Quote:
hmm... a simple statement of opinion masked as fact? or 34 pages of crazy in depth research pointing at Slayer being hired by Lanfear...?
I don't need 34 pages of crazy in-depth research pointing at Slayer being hired by Lanfear! It's intuitively obvious to the most casual observer!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Awesome Quote

Forgotten about that one...I can only hope and hope and hope that quote turns out to be right.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUCamel
I don't need 34 pages of crazy in-depth research pointing at Slayer being hired by Lanfear! It's intuitively obvious to the most casual observer!
That's what I'm sayin'. So, you obviously agree with me.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin
Forgotten about that one...I can only hope and hope and hope that quote turns out to be right.
And if it does? Still doesn't prove one way or another that a dead forsaken didn't do it. I personally lean towards...well, anyone other than Lanny. I just don't see how this quote would prove anything one way or another?
Quote:
He said that if occasion permits in the last book and it seems appropriate, the character doing the deed will probably think to themselves about killing Asmodean. However he gave no guarantee.
This doesn't prove anything. But I'll be happy with whoever it is...so long as Lanfear was. not. it.

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras

Last edited by Matoyak; 11-08-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Yes, that is the quote where RJ pretty much says it will be revealed in a POV.

I figure the deseased suspects, like Sammael, are off the table.

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default No Spoilers From TGS on this Board Please

I'm happy to move this thread to the TGS board, if Azure wants me to, otherwise please refrain from using any information from TGS.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Youngling

If you feel it should be, or anyone wants to speak on it a bit more indepth, go ahead. I just wanted to put the site out there, and as it hasn't been updated since WH, I found no immediate spoilers and put it here. Well, no spoilers beyond the obvious.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Well, no spoilers beyond the obvious.
Don't you mean... the intuitively obvious? Hmmmmmmm...

Old 11-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak
Bela did it.
And oh no,...another Asmo thread. ~runs away screaming~

Not really. Though I will reiterate my statement that I will kill an ewok if it turns out that Lanny did it. I really don't know or care who did do it, so long as she did not.
Please, don't let a simple thing like Lanfear NOT doing it keep you from killing as many ewoks as you see fit.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 11-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
The RJ quote you posted says they used information only prior to the murder. This analysis uses info from Winter's Heart, and as a matter of fact, there was no evidence whatsoever that Slayer was an assassin for hire before then. So this isn't what RJ was talking about. Also, they didn't make a statement as to who they thought the most likely suspect was. Slayer was just the last one they covered.

The FAQ doesn't even mention Aviendha......

Last edited by Terez; 11-07-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
The RJ quote you posted says they used information only prior to the murder. This analysis uses info from Winter's Heart, and as a matter of fact, there was no evidence whatsoever that Slayer was an assassin for hire before then. So this isn't what RJ was talking about.

The FAQ doesn't even mention Aviendha......
I'm assuming they have been updating it as the series progressed, up through WH at least, and I for one don't see any reason for aviendha to do it, so that doesn't really matter to me.

EDIT: (didn't want to double post) But that is a pretty big disagreement with the quote, well shucks...
BTW, you're reference library is bad-ass terez

Last edited by Azure Skeith; 11-07-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm assuming they have been updating it as the series progressed, up through WH at least
Yeah, which is why they have him on there at all. No one even considered him until Winter's Heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS
I for one don't see any reason for aviendha to do it, so that doesn't really matter to me.
It was just a general observation, not really directed to you. As for her motive, though....she was taking care of her man, since he's too daft to realize that keeping a Forsaken around is a BAD IDEA. Also, quite possibly working on orders from the Wise Ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AS
BTW, you're reference library is bad-ass terez
Thanks.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Youngling

Quote:
As for her motive, though....she was taking care of her man, since he's too daft to realize that keeping a Forsaken around is a BAD IDEA. Also, quite possibly working on orders from the Wise Ones.
You mean taking care of *Elayne's* man.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

hahaha, either works, but she knew even at that point that she would eventually have him too - the rings showed her that. She was just holding out due to toh at the time.

PS - Abbey Road has that same Lews Therin quote in his sig.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

I think overall, you have to remember that there are a great deal of websites out there. The main ones, like Theoryland, Dragonmount, Wotmania, newsgroups, etc, have all had huge long drawn out posts on who dunnit.

In fact, if you look back at our history here at theoryland, this comment by Jordan was made recently after we have a huge thread on the Asmodean killer right here at Theoryland.

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Youngling

Quote:
PS - Abbey Road has that same Lews Therin quote in his sig.
Is that a bad thing? It's one of only a few quotes I've truly enjoyed enough to remember years after reading it only once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodas
I think overall, you have to remember that there are a great deal of websites out there. The main ones, like Theoryland, Dragonmount, Wotmania, newsgroups, etc, have all had huge long drawn out posts on who dunnit.

In fact, if you look back at our history here at theoryland, this comment by Jordan was made recently after we have a huge thread on the Asmodean killer right here at Theoryland.
Yeah, I just wanted to put that one out there for contention, seems extremely unlikely now though.

Tags
asmodean