art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light
Default Darwin Strikes Again: Animal Kingdom (the spinoff!)

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/news/...cc4c002e0.html

Quote:
A love-struck buck ran out of luck a week ago. The seven-point buck was killed when it rammed a 640-pound concrete statue of an elk in the backyard of Mark and Carol Brye's home in rural Viroqua.

Bucks often fight during the breeding season, commonly called the rut. Dominant bucks defend breeding territories and female deer by sparring with subordinate bucks. Antler battles sometimes result in the death of one or both deer, but usually end with the biggest buck winning and the smaller buck high-tailing it out to another area.

Mark Brye, who owns Brye Plumbing in Viroqua, was still laughing about the suicidal buck he found near his elk statue last week.

Brye said his morning ritual is to rise early and look out at the life-like statue about 40 yards from his home.

"Our son and daughter gave it to us for Christmas four years ago because we like to hunt elk," Brye said. "The elk is a nice thing to see every morning. It looks pretty cool, especially on a foggy morning."

Brye said he knew exactly what happened when he saw the statue tipped over. Although they were about the same height, the statue weighed at least three times more than the 180-pound deer.

He didn't realize the buck lay dead a short distance away.

"I could tell the buck poked the statue a couple of times by the chipped paint on it," Brye said, adding that the buck eventually rammed it like a mountain goat.

The buck apparently staggered about 20 feet and fell.

Brye claimed the buck with a tag from the Vernon County conservation warden. He laughed at the warden's tag note: "lawn ornament fight - lost."

Brye said the deer shattered its skull. The antlers were still on its head but were dangling.

"The statue is OK, but the antlers broke off when it tipped over," Brye said. "One side of the antlers is in one piece, but the other side is in five pieces."

Brye, 58, is considering removing the antlers from the unlucky buck and gluing them on the elk statue as a remembrance of the strange but true story.

The deer is butchered and in Brye's freezer. The elk remains on its side.

"I can't tip it back up until I get a whole bunch of guys to help me," he said.
and you were tasty!-Brita
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 11-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Ancient

Kurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud of

There's something profoundly wrong with a 58 year old man saying the word 'cool'.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

LOL... That's awesome.

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 11-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Testoserone: makes males of ANY species do stupid shite.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 11-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
Testoserone: makes males of ANY species do stupid shite.
Zing!

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 11-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Ancient

Kurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita
Zing!
His doe was probably egging him on from the safety of the forest over some perceived slight.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

No, I'm sure the deer conversation went more like this:

Lookit that big guy over there. My doe's been giving him eyes ever since we migrated over here. The bastard. Standing there all still and stoic as if there wasn't a predator around. You see that asshole, Frank? Barney? I'm gonna teach that sombitch a lesson! Hey y'all watch this! *thunk*

Old 11-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz
His doe was probably egging him on from the safety of the forest over some perceived slight.
The doe probably said some casual, harmless remark that was purposely misinterpreted by the buck and willfully turned into an excuse to allow testosterone to have it's way with him.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

ROFLMAO

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Ancient

Quote:
The doe probably said some casual, harmless remark that was purposely misinterpreted by the buck and willfully turned into an excuse to allow testosterone to have it's way with him.
no doubt

Quote:
Besides, it's not my fault that other Bucks want to look at me, it's not like I encourage it, you never stand up for me!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

The buck clearly twisted the doe's words, leaving out crucial portions.

Quote:
Besides, it's not my fault that (little Jimmy buck got his hooves all muddy and left his hoof prints all over the meadow)other (Does and) Bucks (are having the same problem with their little ones and) want to look at (how to stop them from muddying the meadow, including) me, it's not like I encourage it, you (and I would) never stand (in mud) up (to our knees, it's impossible) for me (to even imagine)!
To which the buck mutters "I'm gonna kill him!", much to the doe's surprise.

Last edited by Brita; 11-12-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The buck clearly twisted the doe's words, leaving out crucial portions.

To which the buck mutters "I'm gonna kill him!", much to the doe's surprise.
ROFL. I tried to rep you for that but I have to spread it around still.

Awesome, Brita. Awesome!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93
ROFL. I tried to rep you for that but I have to spread it around still.

Awesome, Brita. Awesome!
I sometimes wonder if you are the only one who truly appreciates me...

Old 11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Elder

RogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of lightRogueSavior is a glorious beacon of light

I think yonder thread thanking the Wheel of Time points out that isn't true!
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 11-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

I repped her for you.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
I repped her for you.
Giggity.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

Indeed.

EDIT- my "indeed" was meant for RS, but placed a little late, and now looks like I have a thing for Gil!

Old 11-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

Really? Usually, people have a thing for my husband.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Elder

Quote:
my "indeed" was meant for RS
If I didn't already have you in my signature...

You're on fire today, Brita!
That was fabulous m'dear
-Zaela
Hero of Theoryland
Old 11-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSavior
You're on fire today, Brita!
Yes, I am feeling a little frisky, I must admit.

Tags
darwin