art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Ancient

Neilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant future
Default Bk 4-6 Detail Brainstorm

Here's what I can come up with off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a bunch I've missed so let's try and figure out what the possibilities are.

Fain & his Fade
Chora Trees
Mat's Hat
Rhudien Stash (currently in Cairhein)
Dead Tinkers "Tell the Dragon Reborn"
Seed Singing
Old 11-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Ancient

Kurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud ofKurtz has much to be proud of

What specifically did you have in mind about Mat's hat?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

It's a good bloody hat.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:20 PM
Ancient

Neilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
It's a good bloody hat.
That.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
It's a good bloody hat.
wouldn't that be bloody good hat?

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 11-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Youngling

Trutino will become famous soon enoughTrutino will become famous soon enough

Here is a list of things on the original thread that had been theorized before Terez said we were on the wrong track. I didn't include things like "they spent a lot of time in the Waste in those books" or "it might have something to do with the rescue of Moiraine." Basically, anytime someone listed a bunch of things that happened in 4-6 or listed plotlines that will be addressed in the last two books, I left those out. I only included things that were discussed in some detail. We can always add more or subtract if we need to. I'm also not sure how many posts went up between Terez' source reading the thread and her posting that we were on the wrong track. In other words, take the list with a grain of salt!

Not Moghedian ripping Birgitte out of T'A'R
Not Leilwin
Not Egwene using need in T'A'R, finding Tinker camp
Not Nynaeve and Elayne using need in T'A'R
Not Tinkers
Not Ogiers
Not Farstrider in Graendal's lair
Not Fel's note
Not Fel's belief that Rand couldn't seal the prison
Not Sharan armies
Not the Gholam
Not Birgitte on Moiraine rescue
Not Demandred's "balefire" visit to Dark One
Not the sisters Siuan sent to re-capture Taim
Not the remaining Liandrin-led BA
Not Sahra Covenry
Not Graendal and Ituralde
Not related to multiple ta'veren in *Finn doorways
Not Moiraine making Aelfinn wishes
Not Rand at one with the land
Not Fisher King
Not Joiya's Taim-escape plot
Not Seed Singing's non-channeling
Not "Taim is caught in a mindtrap"
Not Moiraine's Eelfinn questions
Not the ashandarei
Not Taim's relationship with Bashere
Not Avendesora
Nothing about Theodrin being behind bars
Not about 13 Aes Sedai turning anyone
Old 11-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

At least we're thorough.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA
wouldn't that be bloody good hat?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ/BWS
TITLE - The Gathering Storm
CHAPTER: 28 - Night in Hinderstap

He fell silent. Mat glanced at Thom, who did not respond. Mat could see in those blue eyes of his that he was memorizing the tale. He'd better get it right if he puts me in any ballads, Mat thought, folding his arms. And he'd better include my hat. This is a good bloody hat.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Youngling

legends be wrought is an unknown quantity at this point

-Something to do with the seafolk bargain; the seafolk haven't been used enough since book 5/6.

-I dont know if this has been discussed a while ago, but is there any explanation as to why the darkone asked Demandred to be neablis "using balefire quote", then like 1 book later Ishy shows up again as neablis?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Youngling

Blue Nine is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trutino
Here is a list of things on the original thread that had been theorized before Terez said we were on the wrong track. I didn't include things like "they spent a lot of time in the Waste in those books" or "it might have something to do with the rescue of Moiraine." Basically, anytime someone listed a bunch of things that happened in 4-6 or listed plotlines that will be addressed in the last two books, I left those out. I only included things that were discussed in some detail. We can always add more or subtract if we need to. I'm also not sure how many posts went up between Terez' source reading the thread and her posting that we were on the wrong track. In other words, take the list with a grain of salt!

Not Moghedian ripping Birgitte out of T'A'R
Not Leilwin
Not Egwene using need in T'A'R, finding Tinker camp
Not Nynaeve and Elayne using need in T'A'R
Not Tinkers
Not Ogiers
Not Farstrider in Graendal's lair
Not Fel's note
Not Fel's belief that Rand couldn't seal the prison
Not Sharan armies
Not the Gholam
Not Birgitte on Moiraine rescue
Not Demandred's "balefire" visit to Dark One
Not the sisters Siuan sent to re-capture Taim
Not the remaining Liandrin-led BA
Not Sahra Covenry
Not Graendal and Ituralde
Not related to multiple ta'veren in *Finn doorways
Not Moiraine making Aelfinn wishes
Not Rand at one with the land
Not Fisher King
Not Joiya's Taim-escape plot
Not Seed Singing's non-channeling
Not "Taim is caught in a mindtrap"
Not Moiraine's Eelfinn questions
Not the ashandarei
Not Taim's relationship with Bashere
Not Avendesora
Nothing about Theodrin being behind bars
Not about 13 Aes Sedai turning anyone

whoa whoa whoa

forgive my youngling ignorance, but, uh... am I reading into this correctly that Terez has some inkling as to what exactly the item is?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Youngling

Trutino will become famous soon enoughTrutino will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Nine
whoa whoa whoa

forgive my youngling ignorance, but, uh... am I reading into this correctly that Terez has some inkling as to what exactly the item is?
She indicated that a reliable source said that we weren't on the right track. She said she didn't know what the actual thing was. It was way back on the original thread and you would have had to go through a lot of Valan Luca posts to get to it.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Elder

reTaardad is a jewel in the roughreTaardad is a jewel in the roughreTaardad is a jewel in the roughreTaardad is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by legends be wrought
-I dont know if this has been discussed a while ago, but is there any explanation as to why the darkone asked Demandred to be neablis "using balefire quote", then like 1 book later Ishy shows up again as neablis?
I think the Dark One was insinuating that he could make Demandred Nea'blis, not specifically saying that he would. I believe the quote was, "Would you be Nae'blis?" Inspiring the troops, maybe? Ishamael has been #1 Forsaken since the beginning, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:29 AM
Ancient

TAR in the flesh.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

Keep in mind that it has to be something that is repeated in many of the books since 6. Anything that has not been brought up since then is not it.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Armed Gimp
Keep in mind that it has to be something that is repeated in many of the books since 6. Anything that has not been brought up since then is not it.
Why is that? I'd figure that why we have totally missed the "minor detail" is because it was mentioned only once or twice in either book 4, 5 or 6 and then never again since then.

Or has BS or any other reliable source said something more since his first statement that would make us think that the minor detail is something commonly mentioned? (Been out of the loop for a few days)

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Youngling

Masuri is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not quite sure how it could fit in, but the Manetheren banner has been around since book 4. I was annoyed at Perrin when he gave it to the Seanchan, selling out his people for Faile. I'm sure that we'll see something more about that and I'm sure Rand won't be all that thrilled with what he did. Not quite sure how it could play an important role, but....
Old 11-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Ancient

Wolfhead banner too. that's been around along with the Manetheren banner and has been in just about every book.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
Why is that? I'd figure that why we have totally missed the "minor detail" is because it was mentioned only once or twice in either book 4, 5 or 6 and then never again since then.

Or has BS or any other reliable source said something more since his first statement that would make us think that the minor detail is something commonly mentioned? (Been out of the loop for a few days)
Brandon first stated it was in every book since the first mention and then revised it to be most. I can find the quotes right now, sorry.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
No.
was sure it was the other way around. good bloody hat sounds stupid

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 11-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
was sure it was the other way around. good bloody hat sounds stupid
Why?

Tags
detail from 4-6