art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 12-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Signing report from Sandy, UT, 12/5/09

Saw this on readandfindout.com when I was browsing there a couple of days ago. I don't think it's been reported here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavorka
Sandy signing / Trollocs in the Blight
kavorka @ readandfindout.com - 05/12/2009 04:12:06 AM

FYI -- Was at the event in Sandy tonight. There wasn't an official Q&A session, but a number of people stayed and asked questions as time permitted. Only a couple of pertinent points.

1. Verin. He said the notes on her are quite extensive. Lots of her backstory is there. He said he felt like what wasn't revealed in the books would be a good candidate for the encyclopedia.

2. Trollocs. Question was how many trollocs did the Dark One have access to. He stated definitively that there are lots and lots of trollocs. The Dark One has access to either "orders of magnitudes more" or "an order of magnitude" more trollocs that can be supported in the blights (I can't remember whether there was an "s" there. Sorry). He wouldn't comment on how or where, but was very clear that there was going to be a big big trolloc army.

3. Ability to Channel/Souls. I think this has all been reported, but he stated definitively that the ability to channel is tied to soul. He stated definitively that the spark was not tied to the soul but could be affected by a specific body (ie, just because you had the spark in one life, you could be reborn and just have the ability to learn.) He stated with 85% probability that strength in the power was not tied to soul, meaning that if you were an uber channel in one body, you could be weak in the power in your next body.
Sounds like we can look forward to a whole bunch of Trollocs...

Last edited by Marie Curie 7; 12-19-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Thanks for catching this one, Marie. Not that there is much good in it, but I have been getting lazy. I'm starting to think that people are withholding Stormleader reports because I bitched at Dragonmount about how some of them were pretty much worthless in terms of Q&A.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps it is possible to transport Trollocs by Portal Stone. In that case, it would be possible to ferry them in from other worlds; worlds where the Trollocs had overrun the forces of Light recently enough for them to still be at peak population (before they really start eating each other).
Old 12-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Thanks for catching this one, Marie. Not that there is much good in it, but I have been getting lazy. I'm starting to think that people are withholding Stormleader reports because I bitched at Dragonmount about how some of them were pretty much worthless in terms of Q&A.
Yeah, you're right that there's not much in the signing report. However, I posted it primarily because of the comments about the Trollocs.

Obviously, it's expected that there will be lots of Trollocs around at the Last Battle. But there was even a recent discussion here about just how many Trollocs there might be and how many the Blight could actually support.

While Brandon didn't give specific numbers, he did state that there will be at least an order of magnitude more Trollocs than the Blight can support. And that might mean that the Dark One has been "storing" Trollocs some place or is going to bring them in from somewhere else.