art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Texture Quality

Just a couple of comparison shots for the texture qualities for Tru.

Notice that the lines on the armour aren't as sharp, same as the texture quality on the hair. The lines on the bust of the armour is fairly noticeable as are the buckles on the skirt.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
Just a couple of comparison shots for the texture qualities for Tru.
For everyone who's not Tru: What are you comparing here?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 04-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

My version of the same screenshot - though I lightened it slightly. Also - how did you manage to get rid of all the "clutter" in your image? I've always got all that OTHER stuff on the screen. I cropped mine - but our legs were behind the skill bar.

Edit for Sare -- Tru (me) is the one in Purple, the blue one is SBX
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Edit for Sare -- Tru (me) is the one in Purple, the blue one is SBX
Thanks, but I asked to find out what he was trying to prove with the posts.
I already got my answer on MSN.

For everyone else: Apparently the game shows the highest textures for your own character, and lower quality on everyone else, to make sure you computer doesn't chrash if you enter a town with 100 people in is.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

if you hit ctrl+h it hides everything, skill bars, people's names, everything...but it also hides the chat dialogue box and the skill bars, the damage you might happen to be taking or doing to the bad guys, your health bars, etc. It's nice for taking screen shots, or just idling in town, but otherwise bad.

As for the shots just look at any of the lines on the armour especially in my first shot. On mine (the blue) all the lines will be fairly straight and nice looking. On Tru's (the purple) the lines will appear all pixilated and jagged.

You can get the same effect if you hold down shift while taking a screen shot.

And yes, as Sare asked, when you're in game, if you have your graphics options set on high it will only effect your character.

Everyone else's characters will be set to a low-quality texture, unless you get a mod called KSMod. I had it but I noticed that it wasn't working, which is why it got brought up and everyone starting asking a bunch of questions and hence, the thread.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

better examples, both Stormy (Red, low-quality) and I (Purple high-quality) in Elite Kurzick Necromancer.

In the first shot, the lacing over the stomach, the detail under the bust and on the gloves and the shoulder guards are just more sharper and destinct. Also note the extra detail in the criss-cross pattern from the bust up to the neck.

In this second shot, again the lacing is sharper, but also the patterns over the seat are more detailed and again the gloves look better. The buckles on the shoulders are also clearer.

Lastly, a side shot. Again, the purple is much more detailed and clear compared to the fuzzy low-texture version.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit (and sorry for the pun).

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 04-05-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

tworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant futuretworiverswoman has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to tworiverswoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
if you hit ctrl+h it hides everything, skill bars, people's names, everything....
Oops - he means CTRL-SHIFT-H

CTRL-H doesn't do anything useful

Thanks, WSB, for telling me that.
"once I'm naked, i can't get any cooler!" - Camel

Back in my day Pluto was a planet!
Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

yeah, oops. Shift+print screen will take screen shots without the GUI on top. Ctrl+shift+h will hide the UI. Hit it again to bring it back.