art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions > DragonCon
User Name
Password

Old 05-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future
Default DragonCon 2010

I'll be at DragonCon. I normally volunteer.

I just wish Jennifer had space on her staff. I'd love to work the WoT track.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

unless I win the lottery I doubt I'll be able to make an appearance. Have fun everyone!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
unless I win the lottery I doubt I'll be able to make an appearance. Have fun everyone!
Same here.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 05-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Elder

Yellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to behold

i live 30 minutes away from where they do dragoncon every year and i've never been. maybe this will be the year. at least to go down and watch parade.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Have fun my friends!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Fiscal Responsibility

While I want to be there, it's just not financially possible for me to take a solo trip out to Atlanta. This year, as I'm sure it is with many, has turned out to be tighter than years past. No fun secondary trips for the upcoming tour either, which is a bummer.

Although I will be at JordanCon next year.

Sorry I won't be seeing you at DragonCon this year.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

Only one more week til DragonCon.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Okay, Marie and I will be coming. Sorry for the last-minute spontaneous decision...
Old 08-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Okay, Marie and I will be coming. Sorry for the last-minute spontaneous decision...
Wrong thread.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

What?
Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
What?
I misread the forum title. I thought this was the JordanCon forum which was months ago.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

@Yellowbeard and Hopper - would you guys like to form a trivia team with me and Marie? I think we are the only Theorylanders going (assuming Gelb is going).
Old 09-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

I won the trivia bee again. I also got Brandon to draw on my certificate. I said he could draw whatever he wanted - a funny face or something - so he started out with that, and it became this:

I love the harp.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Elder

Leanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the rough

Cute...and congrats! No surprise there.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

lol...Brandon said the exact same thing.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Terez, if you see BS, Maria or Alan, I have a question for one of them: back in tEotW/tGH why did the Horn have to be brought to Illian?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
Hey Terez, if you see BS, Maria or Alan, I have a question for one of them: back in tEotW/tGH why did the Horn have to be brought to Illian?
Ill take a shot at that one since it is mentioned in the books. Moiraine wanted Rand to have the Illianers united in support of him and thought that him bringing the Horn there would help accomplish that goal.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

But that does not explain at all why everyone seemed to link the Horn and Illian together already. Why was the Hunt only called from Illian?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah, turns out I'd lent a buddy my copy of tEotW and he just returned it on Saturday and I've been skimming through it, and one of the things that impressed me was all the mentions of Illian.

Politically, yes, it would have been good for Rand to have Illian's support, but is there something else here? As Gonzo queries, why is the Hunt for the Horn, always called from Illian? It could be nothing, it could be a RAFO from afar. I'm just curious, or perhaps it's all the Great Hunt references currently going on with the chapter hunt et al.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah, I tweeted on the drive to DCon that I had reconsidered Illian. I'll go into it more later - I'm on the drive home now.

Do you have Twitter, SBX? It's definitely the best place to ask Brandon questions like that, though Maria doesn't use it for that purpose. He will be taking questions again after the tour, though I suspect he would RAFO this one.