art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7483

Logged In (1): terez,

Newest Members:thegirl2014, art336, Serashada, beavs007, Coderick, razux12, Kamen Marin, trenner, Crumb, franceszlane,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > Wheel of Time Resources
User Name
Password

Old 06-21-2008, 06:06 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez Send a message via MSN to Terez Send a message via Yahoo to Terez
Default WoT Interview Database

NEW INTERVIEW DATABASE

I'll keep this one up for a while, but trust me, the new one is much better.

This database was created by Terez and further researched/developed with Marie Curie, with much thanks to anyone who has given a report over the years!

Direct quote from Brandon, via Twitter and Facebook 18 November 2009
You know I love you, Theorylanders. (Even if I sometimes feel like I'm surrounded by a pack of wolves when talking to you.)
__________________________________________________ ____

BEWARE OF SPOILERS FOR TOWERS OF MIDNIGHT - THE FULL BOOK! - IN SOME CATEGORIES!!

RJ, BWS & TJ quotes galore (see sources below categories):
(use ctrl-f to search within categories)

Right-click and 'copy link location' for shortened, customized links appropriate for twitter. To shortlink this page, use http://bit.ly/wotidb

New categories:
Future Books - Info on A Memory of Light (including wotrr), and also the prequels/outriggers.
Parallels and Influences
Themes
The Fandom
RJ on Writing // Part 2
RJ on Life

Aes Sedai, Warders, and the White Tower
The Age of Legends
Aiel
Atha'an Miere and Amayar
Asha'man and the Black Tower
Aviendha
Berelain
Cadsuane
Egwene
Elayne
Errors real and imagined
Faile
Fain and all things Shadar Logoth
The 'Finns and the Tower of Ghenjei
The Forsaken
--Aginor/Osan'gar/Dashiva
--Asmodean
--Balthamel/Aran'gar/Halima
--Be'lal
--Demandred
--Graendal
--Ishamael/Moridin
--Lanfear/Cyndane
--Mesaana
--Moghedien
--Rahvin
--Sammael
--Semirhage
Galad
Gawyn
The Horn and the Heroes
Lan
Mat
Min and her viewings
Miscellaneous & some Trivia
Moiraine
Nynaeve
Ogier, Stedding, and the Ways
The Old Tongue
One Power, True Power, Channeling, and 'angreal
Perrin, wolves, and Wolfbrotherness
Pronunciation
Prophecies (and Dreams, viewings, and Foretellings)
RAFO and MAFO
Rand, Lews Therin, Dragon Soul
Seanchan
The Shadow, Darkfriends, and Shadowspawn
Slayer
Taim
Tam and Kari
Tel'aran'rhiod and Dreamwalkers
Thom
Tuon
Verin
Whitecloaks
Women and Men
Workings of the Wheel (ta'veren, souls etc.)

These are plot-related RJ/BWS quotes only. For other stuff, see sources:

RJ's blog
TOR Questions of the Week
r.a.sf.w-rj
Thus Spake the Creator
Emma's RJ page
The Path of Daggers Book Tour
A Crown of Swords Book Tour
CNN 2000 Chat
2004 USAToday chat
Balticon XXX
DragonCon board
Wotmania 2004 Interview
13th Depository quote collection
WoT-RJ Wiki (many sources are only found here)
Crossroads of Twilight book tour board
Knife of Dreams book tour board
WoT FAQ (r.a.sf.w-rj)
Budapest Q&A April 2003
The Gathering Storm Book Tour
JordanCon 2010
New Spring Correspondence

Email terez27ATgmailDOTcom for the Budapest audio files, or general corrections, omissions, suggestions etc.

Letter to Tom McCormick from RJ - December 1993

One thing -- don't think you've reached bottom in your digging. I tried to make the books fairly simple on the surface, and quite complex underneath. You've dug up a number of points that I thought I had buried well enough that they wouldn't come to light for some time yet (don't expect me to say which ones), and you've also dug up one or two that I never buried in the first place (no hints there, either). Jordan's Law, I think, can better be stated along these lines: "Ah, you think you know how the game goes now? Very good, gentlemen. What say we increase the bets just to make it interesting?"

Crossroads of Twilight tour, San Jose 10 January 2002 - HCFF reporting:

Frenzy: While standing in line a group of guys in front of me were talking. One asked about Theoryland, which caught my attention. Another said, 'Yah, that's where all the hard-core fan freaks hang out.' Another said, 'Some of the weirdest sh!t is posted there, it's hard to follow if you're not totally into it.'

Contributing HCFFs other than Terez: Marie, Sarevok, Gonzo, Isabel, Tamyrlin, WinespringBrother, JasonWolfbrother, Matoyak, Frenzy, Yellowbeard

Wheel of Time Reference Library @Terez27

Qui nos rodunt confundantur, et cum iustis non scribantur.

Last edited by Terez; 06-07-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez Send a message via MSN to Terez Send a message via Yahoo to Terez
Default About the database

Though this database is already by far the most comprehensive and organized collection of plot-related RJ and Brandon Sanderson quotes available on the web, it is a work in progress. Updates are being made regularly, with signing reports from Brandon Sanderson, and corrections/additions to the RJ material

All quotes are in reverse chronological order, because the most recent quotes tend to be the most relevant, as older questions have been made moot by revelations in the books, and in recent signings. For the RJ material, this puts the blog and TOR Questions of the Week at the top, but the Brandon Sanderson quotes are above those. Brandon has been slightly less reticent than RJ on signings, so there is some good stuff there, but even the oldest RJ quotes and letters to fans are full of good gems.

Until now, Thus Spake the Creator was the most comprehensive and organized collection of RJ quotes on the web for a long time, despite not having been updated since the release of Winter's Heart. The categories made it easy to find stuff, but nothing was sourced, so if you wanted to know where the quote came from, you had to do some digging, and because the quotes were pieced together from many reports, and neither dated nor identified nor organized by source within each category, it was often confusing to sift through. Thus Spake was derived from various sources from 2001 and before. It is now offline, as it was hosted on geocities.

At this point I still have some stuff with only Thus Spake as a source, or the Wotmania Quote Collection (another unsourced collection, doubling some of Thus Spake's stuff), but a great deal has already been resourced (and deleted from the source headings within each category for Thus Spake and the WQC). I hope that this makes it easy for everyone to determine what is reliable (in my opinion, at least 90% of it is reliable, and probably more).

Also, many of the reports on Theoryland from the Crossroads of Twilight tour, the Knife of Dreams tour, and DragonCon 2005 were transferred by Emma from other sites. Sometimes she linked them, but sometimes she didn't, and even for those she did link, some of the links are broken (I love how Dragonmount tells me that the post has been eaten by a Trolloc, lol). There were a couple that she only linked, and didn't paste over, so for those I don't have the report at all because the links are broken. Anyway, if anyone knows of more original sources for any of that, or names where they are not given, please let me know and I'll fix it. It's easy to see which sources we have and which we don't have from the WoT Wiki index linked above (the ones in red are missing). While some are obviously available (the blog and such - I plan on filling those in soon if no one else does), most of the older red links are simply missing reports.

Feel free to comment in this thread - I will be using this post for any additional information about the database.

Last edited by Terez; 11-18-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

I'm posting to bring this to the top, as it's the most often used of the items in the database board right now, so it makes sense to make it visible from the main index page.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
Also, many of the reports on Theoryland from the Crossroads of Twilight tour, the Knife of Dreams tour, and DragonCon 2005 were transferred by Emma from other sites. Sometimes she linked them, but sometimes she didn't, and even for those she did link, some of the links are broken (I love how Dragonmount tells me that the post has been eaten by a Trolloc, lol). There were a couple that she only linked, and didn't paste over, so for those I don't have the report at all because the links are broken.
Terez, did anyone try using the Internet Archive or one of the other online archives to find those missing reports???
Old 10-08-2009, 12:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

Are you familiar with using that? I've never seen anything like it - just Google cache, which I only know how to use if something comes up in a Google search.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Hey T, I have used the Wayback Machine before, it is pretty easy. I did a quick TL search and got this:

http://web.archive.org/web/200304111...interviews.php

not sure if this is what you are looking for???
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 10-08-2009, 10:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute

I found this too...I don't have time to go through each link and try the wayback on any that are broken, but it could help??

http://web.archive.org/web/200403100...interview.html
Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

I have both of those pages already (I remember when I found that second page you linked - it was like solid gold!), and everything in them was documented in the database. There are some broken links on both of those pages, though. I found some of them elsewhere - I need to go back and check - but there are definitely some that I never found. If any of you has the time to do find those broken links, then the Wiki list (which has some red links for interviews we haven't found) would be helpful in seeing which ones we need most. It's linked above under sources.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

'K.

I will see what I can peck away at in the next couple of weeks.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez
If any of you has the time to do find those broken links, then the Wiki list (which has some red links for interviews we haven't found) would be helpful in seeing which ones we need most. It's linked above under sources.
Ah, uh...where is that Wiki list of red links for interviews located again, Terez? I not sure where that is to be found at Theoryland at this moment in time.

I have used the Internet Archive many, many times to find old webpages, songs, and software. There's a Tucows Software Library of freeware, shareware archived at www.archive.org too. If that link is not working, try using their mirror link at archive.bibalex.org For example, here is a list of all changes to Theoryland's own webpage over the years at the Archive: History of Theoryland

Terez, what's your "Tar Valon Is Toast" faction about exactly?

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com

Last edited by FelixPax; 10-14-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

I have about 40 interviews in the searchable database I compiled for Tamyrlin, and at least a couple of the red orphan links on the Wiki page look familiar. I will check them when I get home from work to see if they are in the database.

Edit: I have the following interviews that seem to be missing from the wiki page:
some of these links are listed in your post, but I only cross-referenced with the wiki page...

Amazon.com Interview November 6, 1998 (NEED): http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ts...351439-6304800 (non working link, though I do have the text of the interview)

1996 AOL chat: http://www.princeton.edu/~abergman/jordan/chat4.txt (non working link, though I do have the text of the interview)

http://www.scifi.com/transcripts/1998/RobertJordan.html (not listed at least under SciFi.com at all (non working link, though I do have the text of the interview)

http://www.dragonmount.com/Interviews/2000-11-06.aspx Barnes & Noble 11/6/2000 not listed (non working link, though I do have the text of the interview)

JAN 7: New York, NY: Barnes and Noble This one is the first signing report I did and is at
http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/5671?page=1

Cambridge, Mass 1/20/03 http://www.dragonmount.com/Interviews/2003-01-18.aspx not listed (non working link, though I do have the text of the interview)

http://www.dromen-demonen.nl/luiting...ansjordan.html Dutch chat room 4/6/2001 not listed (non working link, though I do have the text of the interview)

TarValon.net 2/26/03 (no link, not listed on wiki)

John Nowacki D.C.Signing January 23, 2003 http://www.dragonmount.com/Interviews/2003-01-23.aspx (non working link, though I do have the text of the interview)

http://www.dragonmount.com/Interviews/2003-01-27.aspx Toronto 1/27/03 (1 question, not listed, non working link)

http://wiw.org/~seth/RJarticle.html 1995 INTERVIEW BY BREWSTER MILTON ROBERTSON (working link)

http://linuxmafia.com/waygate/no-haunt/jordan.letter Email correspondence from a fan (not listed, link apparently works but is a downloadable document)

http://www.princeton.edu/~abergman/jordan/OTLetter.txt Email not listed (non working link, though I do have the text)

Tor.com weekly Q&A's - I have 3 batches of questions/answers (links don't work, and they are unlisted on the Wiki)

Barnes&Noble, 1/18/03

DragonCon 2005:http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/9916 Done by TL of course!

Knife of Dreams Oct 11, 2005: http://theoryland.yuku.com/topic/9905 not listed, done by me

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon

Last edited by WinespringBrother; 10-14-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Cool - I actually have a lot of those in my database if not all of them. I'll have to check - I'm having computer issues right now so I haven't had time to do much on the computer as it involves going across the street to the music buildings and only maybe being able to get online there.

I think that I was originally planning on filling in the wiki's gaps with what I had, and when I finished my database, I got lazy about it.

And for Felix - the 'Tar Valon is Toast' faction is about exactly what it says it is about. We believe that Dragonmount will erupt and destroy Tar Valon. It's my favorite wacky theory.

Old 11-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti
Hey T, I have used the Wayback Machine before, it is pretty easy. I did a quick TL search and got this:

http://web.archive.org/web/200304111...interviews.php

not sure if this is what you are looking for???
THE WAYBACK MACHINE IS AWESOME.

Just sayin.

There will be huge updates coming to the interview database!

Old 11-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

I have made some serious updates to this. If anyone could help me find reports from the Winter's Heart book tour, I would be greatly appreciative. I can't even find a broken link for those. It seems most of the stuff that remains under Thus Spake is from that tour.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Youngling

kcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the rough

At the bottom of this link

http://13depository.blogspot.com/200...-by-theme.html

You probably have all these already, but there may be something your missing.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah, they don't have anything I don't have. If they did, Dom would likely tell me, as we had a conversation about it when I went through and changed all the old Wotmania links in the database to link there. I have a pretty good idea of what I have and what I don't have, and the Winter's Heart book tour (if there was such a thing) seems to be the biggest gap. The fandom got relatively apathetic around that time. That's always miffed me, as I joined the internet fandom after Crossroads, and I loved Winter's Heart...

Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Youngling

kcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the roughkcf is a jewel in the rough

I was on-line back then, but mostly still lurking (it was the discussion after WH that got me on-line). I remember that there was quite a bit of excitement around WH and the release of its ebook prologue early. But I don't recall if there was a tour. Wotmania did at least one interview about that time - but it's in your database.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Yeah, the main confusion I have is over all the quotes that remain from Thus Spake the Creator. I've re-sourced all the ones from the tours for books 6, 7, 8, and I got the quotes from the tours for books 10 and 11 mostly from Theoryland, but there are still signing reports left, so that leads me to believe that there was in fact a tour for book 9 (especially since some of the questions in those signings seem to be related to Winter's Heart). I have no idea where the original reports were.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Youngling

JulietteKlonk is an unknown quantity at this point

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for stuff that can help me. Thank you for your help.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

No prob...and welcome to Theoryland.

Tags
bws quotes, rj quotes