art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 12: The Gathering Storm
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Ebook cover for TGS Released on Tor.com

Tor.com Ebook Cover Art

Very cool - the artist posted a youtube video of the progression of designing this cover art. Inspires me to wish I was a better artist.

I hope the books are released one day with these covers too.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Youngling

Bryan is an unknown quantity at this point

The cover is cool and I guess they felt like Rand has been featured enough and Egwene needed one but... The clouds parting for the sun to shine on Rand atop Dragonmount was basically the most powerful part of the series and would have made for a more artistic, moving piece of art, in my opinion.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Elder

Ieyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to behold

Lame. I liked Sweet's better personally.

atleast for that cover...

some of the ebook covers are badass... that one is not.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

I like it! Not as much as some of the others, but it is an iconic moment from the books, so it's certainly not bad. The one thing I kind of object to is that by depicting the sa'angreal, it looks like a wand...

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 09-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Youngling

Bryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieyasu View Post
Lame. I liked Sweet's better personally.

atleast for that cover...

some of the ebook covers are badass... that one is not.
I can see not loving this, but Sweet's is pretty much the most atrocious piece of "art" in the entire series.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:10 AM
Ancient

Neilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant futureNeilbert has a brilliant future

It might be good if I hadn't accidentaly seen six billion wizards throwing lightning bolts at dragons in my life. This is really one of those things where if you don't have a super cool original amazing take (and you don't) you should stay away from the whole concept.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:00 AM
Elder

Ieyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to beholdIeyasu is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I can see not loving this, but Sweet's is pretty much the most atrocious piece of "art" in the entire series.
Yeah that about sums it up.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishara View Post
I like it! Not as much as some of the others, but it is an iconic moment from the books, so it's certainly not bad. The one thing I kind of object to is that by depicting the sa'angreal, it looks like a wand...
It is a wand, if not in the traditional sense.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to 1Powerslave Send a message via MSN to 1Powerslave Send a message via Yahoo to 1Powerslave

Sweet's > this... :/
Old 09-06-2010, 03:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishara View Post
Are you, by any chance, Sweet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tGS, Chapter 40, The Tower Shakes
She smiled broadly, stepping up to a shelf and sliding a fluted white wand as long as her forearm off the top shelf. She'd found it! She held it reverently for a moment, then reached and pulled the One Power through it. An awesome, almost overpowering, torrent of power flooded through her.
I do not think it is really fair to blame an artist for doing a proper job, but then, my artistic qualifications are amazingly absent, so I may indeed not be the best judge of this kind of thing.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Well, it was all about the scene they chose to depict. There was a discussion on DM previous to the release of this one, and a lot of people mentioned this scene of course, but we figured it would be too spoilerish. I suggested Gawyn carrying her, or possibly Rand on the peak of Dragonmount, laughing, with a bit of sky above. That would have been awesome, not so spoilerish (since it's hard to tell what's going on there if you don't know in advance), and not involving a wand and things that look like dragons.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

LOL - exactly. This series isn't about dragons and wands, and I'd hate for it to be perceived that way...

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Only in the past few days have I read people's thoughts that the cover art for the books is bad, and I am continuing to be surprised at how vehemently some people are in expressing their views. Maybe it's just me, but I typically spend more time reading what's inside the pages and not looking at the cover.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post
Only in the past few days have I read people's thoughts that the cover art for the books is bad, and I am continuing to be surprised at how vehemently some people are in expressing their views. Maybe it's just me, but I typically spend more time reading what's inside the pages and not looking at the cover.
As does everyone here, hopefully However, some of the cover art has been TERRIBLE and the cover of TGS was up there with the worst of them.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire