art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 09-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy
Default San Bruno Fire

FYI: Local news making headlines. And stupidass comments about religion and politics. San Bruno's about 30 miles north of me, so i'm ok. i don't know any Theorylanders near that area (4Alethinos is across the Bay and JWB is in the Central Valley).

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 09-10-2010, 04:37 AM
Elder

nameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant future

I know some people who live off Skyline, but I think the blast was a ways north from them. I should check and make sure they're ok. My friends who were out driving today said there was a biblical pillar of smoke off the side of the 101.

I just read through that link... yikes. The last estimate I'd seen said no deaths and 20 homes destroyed. I guess either the fire's gotten worse or my source was really low balling it.

30 miles south? That'd put you around San Jose, right?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Smokes! We have 3 Texas gas mains that run through here going to the Ohio Valley. There are 2 30" mains and a 36" main. I can just imagine what kind of damage a 24" main would do because of what we have been told would happen if one of the Texas mains ever blew.

Keep us updated, Frenzy...and don't volunteer for anything.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

It's pretty bad. The explosion knocked out the hydrant lines, so they had to pump water in from a couple miles away. There's a reservoir nearby, and helicoptors were dropping water on the fire. In a residential area, which almost never happens (20k of water all at once packs quite a punch). Last report I heard said 6 fatalities and 50 injured. Those injuries won't be pretty, since it's a gigantic fireball and all.

Someone slap me please. i should know better than to read comments on internet news stories. Anonymous asshats using any handy corpse to put their soapbox on and spew forth their filth. It's people like that that make me think this world needs about 3 billion fewer people.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 09-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post

Someone slap me please. i should know better than to read comments on internet news stories. Anonymous asshats using any handy corpse to put their soapbox on and spew forth their filth. It's people like that that make me think this world needs about 3 billion fewer people.
That would be wonderful. Heck, I'd settle for a million

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
It's pretty bad. The explosion knocked out the hydrant lines, so they had to pump water in from a couple miles away. There's a reservoir nearby, and helicoptors were dropping water on the fire. In a residential area, which almost never happens (20k of water all at once packs quite a punch). Last report I heard said 6 fatalities and 50 injured. Those injuries won't be pretty, since it's a gigantic fireball and all.

Try about 5.5 billion less. That'd pretty much filter out the morons. If that happens, I claim New England and eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia) as my domains.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 09-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Elder

Orc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Try about 5.5 billion less. That'd pretty much filter out the morons. If that happens, I claim New England and eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia) as my domains.
What about New Brunswick? Poor New Brunswick. Always forgotten.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You will have to fight me for Cape Cod. At least until sea level rises and it's covered by the ocean.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc View Post
What about New Brunswick? Poor New Brunswick. Always forgotten.
Ahh, New Brunswick...yeah, I'll take them too.

Marie, we'll have to discuss Cape Cod...perhaps you can have it as a self-governing protectorate as long as I still get Nantucket and the Vineyard.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 09-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ahh, New Brunswick...yeah, I'll take them too.

Marie, we'll have to discuss Cape Cod...perhaps you can have it as a self-governing protectorate as long as I still get Nantucket and the Vineyard.
Note my sig...the General of the Southern Border part. If you haven't watched Swamp People on the history channel then you have no idea what you're missing down in the south, and the deep, deep south.

And, I don't have to worry about mine getting covered by ocean.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Bruno... fire... my first thought was Giordano Bruno but apparently he was burned at the stake on Feb. 17th. And he most cenrtainly hasn't been canonized, the city isn't even named after him. Sad day for jokes.

Even sadder day for everyone who got hurt and lost property glad you're ok though Frenzy!

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 09-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer View Post
Note my sig...the General of the Southern Border part. If you haven't watched Swamp People on the history channel then you have no idea what you're missing down in the south, and the deep, deep south.

And, I don't have to worry about mine getting covered by ocean.
I want them to do Mountain People.... Might see some folks I know

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 09-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm fine with you having the Islands. I just want the Cape.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Curie 7 View Post
I'm fine with you having the Islands. I just want the Cape.
I will, of course, need unfettered access to the Cape so that I can get to the island ferries.